Mabinogi

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Brilliant MMO, available on Nexon America, as well as Steam.​
Does anyone else in this community know about this game? Share your thoughts below!​
Also, if you start playing this game, play on the server Alexina; I have all of my characters on that server!​

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I was going to do the beta/early release back in the day when i was all up on maplestorys butt. Then I stopped and vanished from that game like Im so prone to.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Oh. So THIS was the "Mabinogi" thing I constantly witnessed you playing whenever I happened to be on Steam.
You know, I was even tempted to ask you what it even was last night, because a game called "Mabinogi" is a rare/strange sight in my opinion.

But... It seems interesting. Very Anime-ish.
A bit strange in places.
I haven't even played a Nexon game in like... 6 Years since I stopped playing Maplestory.
But perhaps I'll give it a try.

Reactions: Duffie

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
Mabinogi is actually a name for a bard, I believe. Something to those lines is said in the game by Nao, a special person you meet in the game.

The game's main feature is the ability to create music; it's quite fun.

But, that's not the only thing you can do, of course. There's fighting, along with multiple ways to fight; different ways to craft items through different life skills; just an overall brilliant game that fits into a social environment.

But, don't get me wrong, it's not just for sociability. There's PvP, PvE, trading, skill grinding, leveling, guilds, events, daily events, and so on.

This game is also related to Vindictus, occurring before Vindictus' time.

The story of Mabinogi is about the Milletians, the race you play as in the game world. You have the power to be reborn, you can die, but always be revived, and you can take the body of different races given to you as you rebirth.

Vindictus takes place after the Milletians officially die, being non-existant. You play as humans in a world gone corrupt without the help of the Milletians.

Now, Mabinogi is called a Fantasy Life for a reason. It's as if you play a role in a life as your own character (or multiple, if you so desire).

I've always loved this game, but I've been loving it more recently, due to the music I've been getting into. :3

JKangaroo, it'd be cool if you play it. If you enjoy music, you've gotta hear some of my music. xP

... And if you play, make a character on Alexina! All of my characters are on that server. xP

• Informative
Reactions: JKangaroo

eviltomb

Reaction score
I've tried this and liked the combat but never really made it to far. I've always had this thing about mmorpgs. I often lose interest a short while after the tutorial.

• Agree
Reactions: Duffie

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
I've tried this and liked the combat but never really made it to far. I've always had this thing about mmorpgs. I often lose interest a short while after the tutorial.
Same with me, but this is actually the one MMORPG that I keep returning to.

Edit : Had to stop typing to finish a quiz.

As I've said, this is an MMORPG I keep coming back to. The main reason I love this RPG so much is because of the music aspect of the game. The one thing that keeps pushing me away from the game is the sheer grinding for the AP, Ability Points, so you can raise the ranks of your skills, as every skill you have has their own leveling system.

I'm currently an Apprentice Bard on Mabinogi, after using up all 125 AP I had accumulated over the months I wasn't playing... And, trust me, that's quite a lot.

Hopefully I get some Blocktopians to join me on Mabinogi. I haven't even gone far into the game, as all I'm doing is playing music in the starter town. I'm not even powerful enough for most of the things in the game, and Bards are just support characters, let alone characters who just play music.

Still, this game is fun, in my humble opinion.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
Q1: Do we need steam to get this?
Q2: Do we need to pay?
A1: No
A1: Definitely not

I'd recommend Steam, though. It really helps with getting updates and going to play the game. The updates are automated, and the game is easy to start up.

Without Steam, you need to sart up through the site, in which you always have to log in and push Start. The updates you'll have to sit through, as well.

As for needing to pay, of course not! Nexon is more of a Free-to-Play gaming site. There is a cash shop, available to up your gaming experience if you wish to. It is not required for you to enjoy the game to its fullest, though; I'm also pretty sure it isn't Play to Win, either.

Vatowski

Reaction score
Double post to post a video, and get this thread noticed some more. ;)

It's a quiet video, but you can see me on the right. We're playing Thriller, and we were so awesome, someone recorded us and uploaded it to YouTube. :D
THE FPS D:!

Other than that, the game looks interesting, I might buy it to give it a try

eviltomb

Reaction score
i've read up on this game and it says something about a rebirth system. do you know anything about that?

you mentioned it, but what does it do?

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
Rebirthing is restarting your level and age.

As you play the game, you age up a year every Saturday. Every time you age, all the way up to 20 years, you gain AP. The rebirth age limit for free-to-players is at age 18.

Ability Points [AP]
The skill points in this game. They are used to advance your skills to the next rank, to be better and stronger, depending on the skill. You also gain AP through certain quests, as well as every time you level up. There are almost always AP in event quests, so be sure to do those, too!

Rebirth
The process in which you reset your age (From 10 to 17) and level. To rebirth for free, you do so at year 18. Everyone, and anyone, can rebirth, no matter what level you are. It helps to earn yourself more AP and levels, as well as make yourself shorter. :3

Anything else I may attempt to explain? I don't know everything there is to know, but I know enough to enjoy it.