Status
Not open for further replies.

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
What is your in-game name? Swift_Siren, JamieByrne

What time zone do you live in? GMT

How many hours have you played on the server for? I practically lived here for 6 years+.

How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week? 10+

What prior staffing experience do you have?
Previously Staffed on a Classic Creative Server: Scottish Kilt Map Build.
Previous Solitude Builder/Moderator.
Previous Create Moderator and Controller for several years.

What do you think the role entails?
As a Staff member, it is important that you are there for the player base and dedicated to making the server a more exciting place to be for all. It is also necessary that you are a friendly, reliable and polite to everyone, while continuing to enforce the rules fairly. Moderators should also be expected to be knowledgeable about the workings of the server, in order for them to explain to players, answer questions and teach players how to use commands successfully. This should also be shown when reviewing a build, where the Moderator should be willing to help people to improve their builds by giving advice and tips towards gaining the higher ranks.
It is also a Moderator's job to ensure that the server is always a welcoming place, by resolving issues that players may be having. These can range from settling disputes between players, fixing grief or dealing with angry or upset players and, most importantly, ensuring that the chat doesn't become inappropriate. It's also important that Staff work towards keeping the player base engaged with the content, so hosting events, competitions and minigames regularly.

Why do you want to be a staff member?
I believe that I can still contribute to the server. Whether it's helping out new players who visit or regulars to the server, giving advice or helping with commands, dealing with flatland nonsense and accidental grief, or ensuring they're enjoying their time here - I would like to be able to help without them having to wait until the next staff member is available to come online. I also want to help improve the server however I can, by suggesting ideas, testing new plugins and features, or hosting events on the server, which we seem to be lacking at the moment.

What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?
During my time in the Community, I believe that I have been an extremely dedicated member due to the large amount of time that I have spent on both Create and BuildBox. Unfortunately I'm unable to find out, but I know it will easily exceed 100+ days. This dedication to the server has allowed me to help many players online during my time zone, as I have a Extensive understanding of build techniques and player commands for World Edit and Voxel Sniper, and miscellaneous player-commands which have helped them all become better at building. I also have a large knowledge regarding Moderation and Controller commands, which I can easily start reusing if accepted. I also believe that, during my time on the server, I have developed a more positive attitude towards situations and have become friendlier towards other players. I would say that I have developed a good relationship with the older and current player base, and welcoming to newer players too. I've experienced and dealt with many situations on the server and have become adaptive and flexible with dealing with them with a positive and calming attitude.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
If I were to come across a problem, I would first think back to my past experiences of dealing with any similar problems. If I am still unable to deal with said problem, I would contact other staff members for a second opinion before dealing with it. If the staff are unable to find a reasonable solution, I would contact an Admin or person with a higher rank.
In an emergency, I would use common sense to the best of my ability to try and deal with the situation before it escalates or becomes worse.

Please list your references:
Hex, PinkUnicornz, Jackamel, TheArchiteck, Bhyldir,

Psycho, SirComputer, Tnmjimbob, Vatumok, Digitalmez, Ogarci,
Robo, ComputerGuy, Major_Bryan, Mul, Scotty,
Refrigerated,
Plive, Tamzies, Roobarb_Pie, Gonkus, Peter24, KNBrisson, HKCaper, Elandrir,
Aqua

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
That's all the staff =)

I encouraged you beforehand to apply because I've staffed with you before and I know how well you handled things. I'm very glad to welcome you back onto the Create staff team, and I hope you enjoy your time back :)

I'll just be giving you mod because you were staff before.

Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.