Status
Not open for further replies.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
In-game username: - lovedaice

Staff references (Op+): - Biblius

Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): - Army of Darkness Trusted/Operator. I still hold my Operator position to this day.

How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: - The responsibility for an Operator of an SMP server would to make sure everyone is not only having a fun and exciting time, but also in that, to make sure no one is breaking any rules that would make playing not much fun. An Operator should provide a good example for the community; they should be someone people want to look up to.

Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: - I feel as if, even though these instances were at the latest more than half a year ago, after being denied from DoD twice, from Infection once, being put on a Staff Apprasial, after all this I still find the desire, the will, and the courage to go out and Apply for another Staff rank, shows that I am a very dedicated staff member. Also, this gives me a great opportunity to use a whole new BlockLogger to me. In my previous SMP/Creative server Staffing experience, what I used was CoreProtect. Prism is an entirely new tool to me, and I figure I can get a lot of practice if I were to be accepted.

If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: - I will look in to the IRC for a staff member that may know how to handle the situation better. If it really comes down to it, say for an issue with Prism, there's always some sort of tutorial I can go and skim through, or sit and watch the whole thing, and come back to the issue when I feel I know enough to tackle it. Whether or not it comes to that will be entirely up to the type of conflict and the availability of the other Staff.

If a staff member of equal or higher rank is acting up, what will you do: - Of course, I will collect as much evidence as I can of the situation, in any means necessary, and would promptly report it to the Director(s) or Controller(s).

What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it: - As of late, I feel as if my strongest weakness is whether or not a punishment I make is too harsh, or not harsh enough. So in some case, there may be a time where I'm not sure if I should ban someone or just let them off with a warning. And maybe someone deserved a ban, and I let that slip. I could fix that by watching the actions of other Staff, however after almost a year of Staffing so far, I may not need to do that as much.

Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: - I am a Sophomore in High School that has a huge passion for gaming. I have been turned down in the past, but I won't let that stop me. There's always a silver lining.

If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: - Not much more needs to be said. I do hope you consider me this time around. Thank you for looking over my application.

-Love

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Hello love thank you for applying,

This comes as a suprise to me as though where nearer to the beginning of the server I considered you a fine candidate for Operator I honestly didn't see this coming. Because frankly you're not active (I mean, man you haven't been on even today the day of your application!). I don't want to come out as hard on you, but you've spent 2 hours on the server in a month that is already nearly over. We expect are Operators to put up 4 hours a week at the very least and most of our staff put up more then that. I don't see you doing this with your current activity I would need you to prove this to me, that can take time.

Now I haven't seen you in a long while this also cripples me in judging how you give a helping hand on the server I can't judge you without activity. That being said I have experiences with you on BuildBox and AoD which do help me understand what a great player you can be; however I don't want to judge purely off your appearance on other servers.

So here is my final point I personally feel you have not worked for the position as much as I would expect of player looking to join the staff team. Though you have potential I don't feel you are right for the team currently. I know this may seem a bit harsh but I do hope you take it the right way and strive to improve your ontime -1, sorry.

Last edited:

JtTorso

Reaction score
Much like Nog, I did a double take when I saw this application, I rushed onto the server to check your ontime.
Were your ontime the only thing in question here, my vote would easily be a straight up 0, you have had decent server time in the past, but I can't recollect seeing you at all within the past week, month, two months even, and while at one point you may have showed potential, you've come short with showing us that you have the criteria for it, I can't judge you if I don't see you, is what I'm getting at.

Lately the player activity on DoD has gone up a fair bit, maybe this will give you some incentive to change how active you are, and I by no means want to discourage you, but please, when you try next time, work on that activity. -1

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I am very happy to see that you have chosen to reapply.

So first lets take the obvious, all the reasons for you to become an operator!
You have shown great maturity in the community, including of course on DoD. You are always friendly, and helpful if needed. You got a lot of staffing experience, and have shown great dedication for it. With your experience, you already know how to handle staffing, and the only big, new thing you would have to learn would be prism, which should not be a problem.

And then well, the reason for you not to get accepted.
Ontime. You have as Nogtrog mentioned, not very much ontime lately on the server. However, you have a lot of ontime from earlier on the server, and you are very active in the community.

The only real reason for love not to get accept, and only issue I can see anyone having with this application, would be love's ontime.
I do however, although you have not been very active lately, still believe that you deserve a trial. Concidering the fact that you, as I mentioned earlier, are very active in the community and show that you have enough time to staff this server.
I would of course have prefered that you had shown a bit more activity lately, but I do not see that, as the only issue I have with this application, a big enough problem to deny this application.

Show that you are active enough if we chose to place you on a trial, and I see no reason not to accept this then.

1+, I want a trial

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Thank you everyone that has replied so far for your feedback. I must admit that, yes, my activity hasn't been the best. Most of the time when I come on, though, it is for Staff matters on AoD. In those cases, yes, I do see people online. But most other times when I come on to go on other servers, there isn't anyone online. All I do in those instances is mob farm or mine. I will be making every attempt I can to come on the server more, do not worry.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Lovedaice has carried himself with honour and professionalism. Twice now he has applied here, and twice now he has been declined. I see few staff members with such dedication. Excluding Da_Jinks who eventually did become a Veteran Operator, Lovedaice has more applications than anyone else in DoD's history. He also has more declined apps than anyone else in sever history. Let us also consider his own past in which he was, in my opinion, wrongly put on appraisal. In spite of this he did not resign from AoD. These circumstances are baffling to me, why would someone so rejected not only continue staffing a server they were attacked on, but continue to apply for a rank they are constantly denied? The answer is dedication. Lovedaice is a staff member who is tenacious, and will stick up and lobby for what he believes in. In this manner, he and I are very similar.

Now we answer the question of why we need him on the staff team. Looking around, I think we can all admit that not much has happened on DoD for some time. The last time I even wrote lore was for the Temples and the Sacking of Barony.We can attribute this to many different reasons, whether this is our low playerbase or our quick change of leadership. However, neither of these are a bad thing. We must also look at eventually moving to a new SMP, no map can last forever, and when we decide to do that we will need staff members willing to put in the time and effort to make the server a success. We are in true need of those willing to put forth dedication, for without it, all other attributes are worthless.

His ontime needs improvement, which is hilarious criticism coming from me. But it's hard to get ontime on this server when nothing is really happening, not to mention our abysmally low player rate. These are all realities which we are unfortunately forced to acknowledge. I remember on JtE it was also very difficult to find a reason to spend 4 hours on an empty server, and many of us, myself included, were warned for inactivity. An staff member with a role and a purpose is a staff member who has an easy time making ontime. As RoF's Controller, giving my staff different tasks and roles to do for various RoF events definitely helped them be more active and present on the server. Add this to the fact that Lovedaice is active on the forums, irc, teamspeak, and many of Blocktopia's other social outlets, and you get one of the most accessible staff members currently around.

With all this considered, I can't think of any more appropriate vote than +1. Yes, his ontime needs work, but he cares about this server just as much as the rest of us, and to me, that is worthy of consideration.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
0 for now, I haven't seen you present on the server much (2h this month is very low considering that's over 26 days) but considering your total ontime so far in addition to the fact that you clearly have experience in staffing on a server, I will change this to a +1 if I see more activity from you.

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
I will also be putting a 0 for now. I do know that you are mature and helpful on AoD, but I would like to see that on DoD, as well as being a bit more active.

My vote might change in a few days or so.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Alright, I've taken my time with this to phrase and attempt to convey the weird way I'm approaching this application.

First I'm setting your AOD experience and your current activity aside and evaluating you as though this would be your first time application, staffing experience aside.

As we approach you as a player and staff we can see from your total time that you are highly capable of maintaining and getting the appropriate activity and longevity that we are looking for in a staff. With your ability and capabilities in pvp related matters you can become a valued asset to the smp team.

Despite your lack of recent time on the server you show the tenacity to firmly believe that you can handle the position, while other staff may weigh heavily on you for this lack of recent time, I will give a more lax approach. Seeing as how there have been people with enormous amounts of time within a month or week, apply, get rejected and then all but vanish. Which shows those people are only in for the favorable rank and not to actually play and contribute to the liveliness and longevity of the server. However this is your application, not theirs so back to the matter on hand.

I'm willing to green-light a trial should you make a wholehearted oath that you will turn this activity around. I'd rather not see in-fighting about if you deserve the position or not based on current activity, when in the past from what I gather you have not given any direct headaches for anything on DoD. As in you have not been banned or have had to be dealt with for pvp getting out of hand or any number of issues that could have arisen.

So with that I'm going to go in favor of you getting the trial, not because of what anyone else has said for or against you, I won't let them control my decision based on rank or otherwise. I will take their opinions into mind however I make this decision of my own merit and because I want to see personally how you will approach the job of smp operator.

Status
Not open for further replies.