lovedaice's Operator Application - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
In-game username: - lovedaice

Staff references (Op+): - Biblius, Danni122112, Old_Man_Oak63, Terre936, emosquirrel

Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): - Current Army of Darkness Op* (*=currently on Staff Appraisal) and of course, Army of Darkness Trusted.

How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: - The responsibility of an Operator is to resolve issues in a time of need, to keep the server secure by keeping rule breakers out, and of course, give their opinions on things like Staff Applications and events for the server. I plan to do all of these as thoroughly as possible.

Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: - I've had previous Staffing experience on SMP servers outside of Blocktopia. I'm currently an Operator* on Army of Darkness, so I have experience staffing with people from this community, and am already familiar with some PvP rules as seen in SMP.

If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: - I would try to keep the situation under control as long as possible until another Staff can hopefully step in. Or, I would ask around to other Op+ to see if they have knowledge of the situation, see if they have any advice on how to handle it.

If a staff member of equal or higher rank is acting up, what will you do: - I would ask them in a Private Message on the server to stop, and if they prevail, report it to a Higher-Up as soon as I could.

What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it: - On DoD, I am somewhat prone to get in to small arguments, I try to put my 2 cents in. I've been working on keeping my mouth shut, and only putting input on a situation when it's needed, not when I want to do it.

Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: - I am a 14-going-on-15 year old kid from a small town in Illinois who has a passion for video games. I get along with people very well, and am always excited to help out.

If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: - I think that just about does it. Thank you to all who've referenced me, and I hope to join the Ranks of Dusk of Discordia staff.
-Love

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
My word, look at all those references! And here I was thinking you only asked a few people. ;)

Lovedaice, you're a very dedicated and passionate person when it comes to the things you care about. I believe you care about this server and its players. I also believe that, while you are not the most experienced, you have an experience very valuable in staffing. That experience is rejection, of your staff probation. Having been demoted a few times myself, I understand the frustration and helplessness it can make one feel. But in spite of this, you've volunteered to keep helping out on a different server. Ladies and gentleman, this man has fallen, yes, but see how he rises again! It shows tenacity and character. Therefore, if Army of Darkness does not want you, then Dusk of Discordia certainly does! I give a giant +1 to you Lovedaice, and I wish you the best of luck in this application.

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Mature, helpful, and a friendly individual, I believe lovedaice is a great candidate for TrailOp! c: With their US Timezone, I've seen him a ton, and can concur he is very active! +1 lovedaice, glad you applied.

• Thank You
Reactions: Love

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score

The reasons being is that I don't see you helping out as much as I'd like to see, although you are active and mature. The staffing experiences also add to you. (This vote might change.)

Good Luck!

• Thank You

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I agree a lot with what Biblius has already discussed, your ability to accept criticism and then learn from it is a great tool for new operators learning the ropes. As you also know I did originally decline a reference on hearing of your demotion, however I changed my mind and decided to give you a reference on the basis that you have always shown yourself to be helpful and mature on the server. Therefore I am going with a +1 in this case.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
0, leaning towards a +1. You indeed have good experience staffing, and I agree with what Biblius had to say in terms of your demotion, but I don't really see you quite as much as I would like to see and when I do I just honestly don't see you helping out as much as I would want. Chance it may change, but for now gotta go with a 0.

• Thank You

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
You seem like a promising player, however, I just have not seen you stand out enough yet. You have seemingly have had some maturity issues in the community over the past few years in my opinion, we all mistakes and I certainly have made my fair share here. I enjoy talking to you on the server and about Illinois weather but I just have not seen you help or prove yourself in the ways I would like.

I am going to go 0 for now.

Edit: Alright, I have rethought my decision. (And talked with a staff member) Even though I have slight hesitations regarding your position. I have realized we have a TrialOp rank for a reason. I understand you had issues upon the other server, but as I even said within my original opinion, we all make mistakes and I am not even completely sure what happened there to be honest.

You are a friendly individual with tons of time online and even though I am stuck between 0 and +1 I am going to go and give you a shot to prove yourself.

Good luck. +1

JtTorso

Reaction score
I feel as though my opinions have been essentially summed up by both Mike and Biblius to some extent. I'm not one to talk down someone with inexperience and while that can hurt, what really puts someone behind is the inability to learn new things, and from what Biblius has spoken of you, you are more than willing, which is excellent. That being said, I share many feelings with Mike in regards to having a trialop rank for a reason and I feel that would be the best way to test your metal and to see if you fit into the roll. I'm going to go with a 0 for now.

• Thank You

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Sorry for not voting earlier.

You asked me for a reference and I said I'd look out for you, I haven't been on recently due to computer problems and other stuff so I haven't seen you on recently.

Voting 0 (for now)

• Thank You

Terre936

Reaction score
I'm putting my vote as a +1. I'm sure you are capable of handling the rank as I have known you for a long time. You are mature and active, pretty much what was already mentioned. You can still work on helping out more, but I believe you are capable on improving that.

• Thank You

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
As I cannot vote as a Trial Op, I will give my two cents on Lovedaice:
Lovedaice is a valued member of the Blocktopia community, and he deserves to be a Trial Op at least! He helps out when staff aren't on, he replies quickly and he is generally well behaved. He has also reported many possible hackers/rulebreakers and helped me with these people!

Overall, I recommend you give Lovedaice a chance and we can see how he does!

• Thank You

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Hiya lovedaice,

I'm afraid we've decided to deny this application. This is because we would like you to become more familiar with the server, and learn the rules a bit more. Coming off a somewhat recent ban on the server, and still on a staff appraisal, it is hard to look past that and accept it with an app that has 0's and for the most part uncertain votes. While I'm sure you're trying hard to help out and prove yourself worthy, I believe that it would be best to wait for a bit and continue proving yourself. But thank you for your interest in staffing, and don't let this discourage you from applying again.

Status
Not open for further replies.