Accepted Log in Via Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_Allen

Matterator
Reaction score
Website
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com
So today I'm bringing a suggestion to you that you have probably seen on other forums. This is the ability to login via steam.

Right, so some benefits are that doing this would unify steam with our forums. This is useful as we are becoming a multi-game and in a way multi-platform community. With steam being the largest PC gaming platform, most users in our community have it, or will have it.

It creates an ease of access to our forums for new members, someone appealing bans, or just any regular member. As all you have to do is link your steam account.

We can find each other easier on steam and confirm identities based on who has their account linked to the forums.

If the administrators ever decide to utilize the donator rank more, this could be used to link donations with in-game benefits.

-Matt_Allen

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/steam-authentication-integration.1336/

Last edited:

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
actually they get a banner and more recently have access to profile backgrounds
How is that a benefit? More like a small reward for giving up money with no gain for them at all.

That being said - getting off topic. Will look into this, some form of Steam integration would be nice, and I haven't read it yet but forcing a member to have a Steam account may be a wall to those who don't have one. But if using it to login would be optional... then that may be handy.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
How is that a benefit? More like a small reward for giving up money with no gain for them at all.

That being said - getting off topic. Will look into this, some form of Steam integration would be nice, and I haven't read it yet but forcing a member to have a Steam account may be a wall to those who don't have one. But if using it to login would be optional... then that may be handy.
meant perk, sorry
Perhaps tie accounts to Steam IDs, and have it set up like other websites do with logging in via Facebook or Twitter?

Matt_Allen

Matterator
Reaction score
Website
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com
Will look into this, some form of Steam integration would be nice, and I haven't read it yet but forcing a member to have a Steam account may be a wall to those who don't have one. But if using it to login would be optional... then that may be handy.
Last I saw, it is completely optional, so you don't have to log in via steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.