Locked Chests!

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
This is a horrble idea, lets just leave it at that.
Why? I like this idea. I find it better then the system dod had where you could never raid because if blocked chests. This time you can kill someone, get their key and raid them. Just saying " omg this suxs booty" isn't going to help anyone. Wanna explain how this is a bad idea.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I really like this idea :D It would make bounties more popular too, because if you are killed and the killer has your key, you will want them killed ASAP. So it could even balance out PVP a bit more too, because people may not kill as much because of the fact that if they do they will have lots of people trying to kill them for their keys back (if they killed someone with a key of course). :D
But I think if this were to be implemented it would have to be so that breaking blocks over chests is legal, otherwise raiding is even harder... :p

rosekill

Reaction score
Ok, first off this encourages PvP which results in arguements most of the time. The second part is once you have their key, you can just endlessly raid them which would let you acsess ANY OF THEIR CHESTS, AT ANY TIME. This would essentially kill raiding because you could just walk into their home when theyre not online take their stuff and walk out with them not knowing what happened.

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
Mhn pvp on a smp who of thought of it. Correct me if I'm wrong Jivvi you can change the keys. So that would solve number two. As for the pvp pretty sure it's that's a good thing. You could just hide in your house and wait.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
It is an alright idea but people could just cover their chests with a dirt block anyway then have two levels of protection so even if you get the key you cant get into the chest. I also feel it make chest protection harder than it needs to be because you need to know which key goes to what chest.