Lobby Area

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Hi there. When I look at the chat on the server, I sometimes notice when people log in. After awhile, I check the connected players on the map and I don't see that person on the roster nor have they disconnected. I will then say "Hi" to the player to see if they respond and if they do, I ask if they're stuck in the lobby... Or usually they ask "How do I get to you guys?".
I know that it may seem logical to just jump into something that's right in front of you.. But when I go to the lobby, I see people under the bridge running around.

So I'd like to make a suggestion... A repeating notice that says "Jump into the lava portal in front of you to join the players in the game!"... Or something similar.
Or maybe arrows pointing to the portal?

This probably isn't a big problem, but nonetheless, I've noticed it and thought I'd ask you guys if you think it's worth looking in to.

Night_Slayer_

Reaction score
Yes..I have found out that players get stuck in the lobby aswell,and personally,when I first joined I tried to get on the roof(derp).
Also,I find players not knowing how to get into the game,there is alot of players who have never played a lava- survival and therefore don't have a clue what there doing and/or the basic commands:
time (/t or /time)
balance/inventory (/bal or /inv)
/store
I think it would be best If there was a tutorial somewhere in main explaining,and arrows like rex said.

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
I think the repeating notice would be a good idea, as occasionally there is a person who is stuck in the lobby, asking "where is everyone?" or something similar, and half of the time they say they are stuck on the ground. Though I don't think this would be necessary, as the giant circle of lava is quite obvious as it is. All in all, I don't think this would be needed.

I think it would be best If there was a tutorial somewhere in main explaining,and arrows like rex said.
Night, I don't think there would be the need to have a tutorial, as there's only 3 basic commands that can easily be explained.

Wilson654646

Reaction score
I agree with the idea of a repeating text, as there are some periods times when no Trusted+ are online, or anyone to help the new players.

I also have an idea for the tutorial
When the server detects a player joining for the first time, there can be a few lines of text to explain the basic commands( /t, /bal, /store etc). The player then has to type /agree before he/she is allowed to move.

And if the players forget the commands at any other times, they can always ask another player or Trusted+.

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
The player then has to type /agree before he/she is allowed to move.
That would be a fine idea, but I think it should be altered so that they have to type /agree in order for them to break/place blocks. A player joining for the first time might miss the message, and they will be freaking out about why they can't move an inch. I like that idea though, and that would be a good thing to implement.

I was thinking if there was a tutorial, there would be a specific command to show the tutorial. When the player connects for the first time, there should be a message saying something like "Do you need help with the basic commands here? Type /tutorial!". I think that a few lines of text explaining the commands would be fine, but not a whole map dedicated to explaining them (like TNT, though TNT can be a little complicated), which I was thinking about when night suggested it.

Night_Slayer_

Reaction score
That would be a fine idea, but I think it should be altered so that they have to type /agree in order for them to break/place blocks. A player joining for the first time might miss the message, and they will be freaking out about why they can't move an inch. I like that idea though, and that would be a good thing to implement.

I was thinking if there was a tutorial, there would be a specific command to show the tutorial. When the player connects for the first time, there should be a message saying something like "Do you need help with the basic commands here? Type /tutorial!". I think that a few lines of text explaining the commands would be fine, but not a whole map dedicated to explaining them (like TNT, though TNT can be a little complicated), which I was thinking about when night suggested it.
There is only 1 way to get into the portal,along the path,so why not have message blocks there?..and when you 1st join it says something like 'stand on the white block',like tnt has..

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
There is only 1 way to get into the portal,along the path,so why not have message blocks there?..and when you 1st join it says something like 'stand on the white block',like tnt has..
It's not necessary at all, since all we have is 3-4 basic commands, while TNT has lots of complicated stuff in it. It would be rather useless and time consuming to make it. The message idea for the tutorial is much better, as it more quickly explains the basic commands we have here.

Sploorky

Reaction score
I doubt we need a tutorial, the game is rather self explanatory, and nine out of ten people ask about what they don't know. Same with the /agree command.

As for the lobby, I've had a couple of people leave the game in rage because they don't know what's going on. So a repeating message to those who don't know where they are supposed to go could be good.