Limiting Enchantments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
That's useful advice for when you're being camped/chased and didn't start the fight ;)
From what I am seeing in Vati's posts, that is what I am getting;

Vati and the group started the fight.

But, even if they didn't start the fight, they had the option to run away.

EDIT;
I have to go to bed, and go to school in the morning. Hopefully, we can continue this conversation by, at most, 8:00 PM EST.

Thank you for your understanding.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
From what I am seeing in Vati's posts, that is what I am getting;

Vati and the group started the fight.

But, even if they didn't start the fight, they had the option to run away.
What about everyone else? :eek:
And assuming my enemy has Protection IV, they most likely have enough enderpearls/speed potions to catch up to me. >_>

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
What about everyone else? :eek:
And assuming my enemy has Protection IV, they most likely have enough enderpearls/speed potions to catch up to me. >_>
Assuming. Not always.

If I were chasing you, I wouldn't have anything like that on me. Because my grinders do not have these items available to me.

And, everyone else, the situation is still as it stands. If you get attacked by someone with Protection IV armor, and you don't even have enchanted armor, or weapons, on you... it is indeed too powerful for you to handle.

But, this case is about the limiting of the enchantments, rather than disallowing the use of enchantments, on certain people...

But, it is still available for people to counter Protection IV armor, and win. It is not impossible.

Now, I'm going to sleep. If I stay up, I will say something I didn't mean to say, and I'll get yelled at.

See you all tomorrow, hopefully.

(Brought over from previous post.)
I have to go to bed, and go to school in the morning. Hopefully, we can continue this conversation by, at most, 8:00 PM EST.

Thank you for your understanding.

Edit :

BY YELLED AT, I mean my mother. She'll yell at me for staying up past my bed-time.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

radman573

Reaction score
Do you peeps really think that Notch/Jeb is really going to listen to and change the game just because of a bunch of peeps arguing over enchantments in a forum? NO!!!!!!!!! Then there is no point fighting over it -_-

Why can't you peeps post nice and friendly things and discuss this in a more civilized manor?

(I still think enchanted snowballs should be put in the game though :p)

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: Silvuss and Amorix

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
Do you peeps really think that Notch/Jeb is really going to listen to and change the game just because of a bunch of peeps arguing over enchantments in a forum? NO!!!!!!!!! Then there is no point fighting over it -_-

Why can't you peeps post nice and friendly things and discuss this in a more civilized manor?

Sorry. This is bringing my attention back to the thread.

We are not debating this over the vanilla game. We are debating this over adding a plugin that disables the higher end enchantments, for our server only.

Even if you want enchanted snowballs in the game, that is completely offtopic to this matter. Please refrain from posting in this thread about it.

Doesn't mean we're not interested in this, though. Just doesn't deserve to be a post here.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score

This post made me facepalm so hard that my skull was relocated to my kneecaps.
1.) Every minecraft client can be modded without Jeb changing it.
2.) We don't care if Jeb is listening or not, even if he were to be listening he won't change it.
3.) There's no point fighting over anything, no need to point it out.
4.) Your post is exactly 'friendly' either. Sounds more like you're saying "omg you guys are dumb"
5.) Manor Mc Smiles was taken, so we chose cruella de vil's old house.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Alright, I am going to jump into here now.
First, this went from a decent discussion to a discussion where people are even going to mention arguments that has nothing to do with te actual suggestion. With causing in the end people appeal to emotion.
An appeal to pity is never a good argument, it is even useless, there is no need to say things like this
Funny you would say that, seeing as you got your Prot IV armor today
. ( Note that the quote was a randomly picked one. )

http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/concerning-arguments.1500/

Then about the armour, which seems most of the issue here.
Personally, I don't see anyone going to swim in lava with the armour to make benefit out of it, I might see people jumping people from high heights, but aren't we all doing that already? Some might on land, but already a lot do on water whenever they see a spot. I really don't see how that is an issue.
People will probably use it majorly for pvp, but we have potions to outsmart your opponent and enchantments yourself!
Mistakes are easily made, and armour isn't forever!

Further, in Minecraft you have a lot of freedom. If people want to spend of their time next to a grinder, it is their choice to. Only rule on our server about grinders is that people are not allowed to stand next to grinders as Away From Keyboard.

Some people have said in the discussion that potions and enchantments ruin pvp. Maybe it ruins your way of pvp, but if you remove potions and/or enchantments it ruins diversity in this game.

So... I am not even close to implementing this plug-in after this discussion, and I only see replacing the problem.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
Clearing up some things.

All of the blaze spawners has been claimed by other clans and same goes for the netherwarts. Duffie the map is small do not expect to have blaze spawners everwhere.
Yes, but you can still make deals with those clans to gain the items you require. You can say they are stopping you, but you can still get the items through means other than your own.

We did not know about the armor we are not gods
I've been trying to tell you, this whole time, that NO ONE, but the actual person, knows about the armor. You have to assume what kind of armor it is, and go with your assumption.

Just gonna say I am sorry for all the memes and offending pictures I posted yesterday... I was just pissed off at Duffie for posting that video.
Sorry for pissing you off. :eek:

Didn't mean to, it is just that you kept going back to what you were saying, without bringing what I told you into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.