Limiting Enchantments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/enchant-handicap/

I say we limit enchantemnts, due to the fact that anyone in Prot IV armor can fall thousands of blocks, sit in lava for almost 5 minutes or more, and sword hits even with god swords do little to no damage.

What do you all think? I already know this will be shot down by the people with Prot IV stuff already :pVideo that changed my belief on it all ( that it was way to OP):

Gameprochampion

Reaction score
We'd have to find a way to remove all illegal enchantments. Or we can threaten players with a permaban if they are found with it.
Yeah, I'm sure that won't be the biggest problem. I think the biggest problem will be from the people who have the time and the patience to get this armor and have it, they'll be a little bit angry over losing their dominance.

• Informative
Reactions: Vatowski

Gameprochampion

Reaction score
Pros:

Cons:

The same people with god armor/swords/bows are gonna have a stock pile of a insane amount of whatever our max level is stuff.
I, personally, like the server like it is. I dont honestly want this on the server.

My bits.
Well it won't harm the situation more than it is now. It doesn't matter if you're the best PVPer in the world, as long as the other person has Prot IV, you'll die in an instant.

Even if they have Prot II, you can still overpower them with skill.

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
I think the point is that PvP has become more of who can get a better randomly chosen enchantment for their equipment rather than who is actually good at PvP.
Possibly. But it's almost like disallowing nukes in TNT because they're too overpowered, and only the skilled and dedicated players generally get them.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vatowski

Gameprochampion

Reaction score
I was unaware that only certain people can get Protection IV armor. That's the balance of it; anyone can get any enchantment.

Luck, time, patience. All factors. Do you think people are really willing to stay there near a mob spawner for probably 30 minutes at a time? Luck is also a matter, you get Prot IV about 5 times, some people will get it in 1, some people will never get it. Now tell me, when people get on the server to relax/have fun do they really look forward to sitting at a mob spawner for a whole weekend just to attempt to get some sort of armor which will keep them alive that isn't even guaranteed. Edit: Errr Nukes are useless to get and a one time thing, Prot IV is something that will benefit you until the day it runs out. And for any matter, Nukes are not over powered what so ever.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Possibly. But it's almost like disallowing nukes in TNT because they're too overpowered, and only the skilled and dedicated players generally get them.
Nukes aren't profitable and don't help as much.
Protection IV can let you swim through lava while killing several people and being poisoned.

If you want to compare TNT and SMP, you could compare Protection IV to a weapon which allows you to become invincible for half an hour.

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Nukes aren't profitable and don't help as much.
Protection IV can let you swim through lava while killing several people and being poisoned.

If you want to compare TNT and SMP, you could compare Protection IV to a weapon which allows you to become invincible for half an hour.
Completely missed my point. There's nothing stopping you from earning the 1000 points, and there's nothing stopping you from enchanting your armor.
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Armor
There's a cap of 25 on the EPF which can be reached with two pieces enchanted to level three, and a third to level two. Limiting Protection four wouldn't really help.

• Disagree
Reactions: Gameprochampion

Gameprochampion

Reaction score
Completely missed my point. There's nothing stopping you from earning the 1000 points, and there's nothing stopping you from enchanting your armor.
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Armor
There's a cap of 25 on the EPF which can be reached with two pieces enchanted to level three, and a third to level two. Limiting Protection four wouldn't really help.
It very much will. I think you're the one who is missing our points. I've not only viewed that article multiple times, but explained it to many people on the server. Protection IV is almost as strong as two Protection III..... Chances are we might even give it protection II. The thing is, it doesn't matter how we limit it it has to be lowered. EPF might work that way, one piece of armor breaks, you die. One piece of Prot IV, you continue fighting like nothing happened.

Knight365

Reaction score
Funny, everyone is against it until you manage to get your hands on one. In my opinion it's fair, PvP is PvP, they worked to get their enchantments so they should deserve to keep it. They break fast anyway, it's not like you can just /rep armor all the time. Once you break it your reign of prot IV is over, because today I was using prot IV and it broke at least 20% because of the god swords people have these days. It evens out. And if you cannot handle killing someone with prot IV armor then make traps, sword to sword isn't the only way to kill someone.

Gameprochampion

Reaction score
Funny, everyone is against it until you manage to get your hands on one. In my opinion it's fair, PvP is PvP, they worked to get their enchantments so they should deserve to keep it. They break fast anyway, it's not like you can just /rep armor all the time. Once you break it your reign of prot IV is over, because today I was using prot IV and it broke at least 20% because of the god swords people have these days. It evens out. And if you cannot handle killing someone with prot IV armor then make traps, sword to sword isn't the only way to kill someone.
Funny you would say that, seeing as you got your Prot IV armor today :) You're reign doesn't stop there, the people who get it in the first place have a high chance of getting it again after you notice they were able to put the effort into it the first time you'll probably have enough time to do it again.

Dlmt3

Reaction score
No. Seriously no. I hate enchantments, I hate enchantments quite a bit actually, because every since they were introduced, I was no longer the best PvPer on the server (next to lagwarrior)

But no. Don't limit them, Today I fought somebody in Prot 4 helm, chest and boots, and prot 3 leggings. All diamond. They also had a "God" sword. I was fighting in Iron helm, diamond chest with prot 3, diamond legs in projectile 3, and iron boots. So very underpowered. Do to actual skill at PvP, I got them down to 3 hearts. With a sharp 3 sword. (nothing compared to his sword.) Then I died do to enderpearl glitch.

But, if we were to lose protection enchants, then imagine how OP poison would be. The game would then be ruined by potions. Its a butterfly effect, remove one, ruin another, ruin another, so on so on.

Fight smart, use potions. An extended posion 1 on your enemy, while you have speed 2 on means they cannot hit you, because while posioned, even if it's not doing much damage because of armour. It still stops them from running, and allows you to run around them and hit.

Seriously, learn how to fight, don't try and remove other peoples nice things because you died.

(this is said by me, without a single piece of enchanted armour to his name atm)

Status
Not open for further replies.