Library Donation: A Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
So, I heard you want to become an established author and donate to the massive Rituals of Fire Library! (RoFL)
Here in this guide you will learn everything you could ever want to know about donating to the RoFL. What do you need? Well, all you need is 1 cookie, some time, and a little bit imagination.
The very first step to donating first acquiring book to donate.
You could go the long route and get the materials to craft your own book using this recipe:

Or, you could use one of those precious cookies of your and simply purchase a premade Book & Quill, saving a lot of time in the process. For most people, this is where their journey begins. If you don't already know, the Book & Quill shop is available to all players. It is located in the main shop hall, next to the rank up hall entrance here:

After acquiring your Book & Quill, the hard part begins: Writing your masterpiece. Only the best works will make in to the RoFL.

Once you've completed and signed your work, the journey to the RoFL Donation Station© begins. Currently, the only Station is located in the heart of the Library. To get there, go behind the main portal, and into the corridor directly in front of you. Here's a graphic if you have trouble locating it:

Once there, follow the directional signs and head toward the structure in the center that looks like this:

Right through those doors, lies your goal. The RoFL Donation Station©. Here is a photo of the station itself if you have trouble finding it upon entering:

As the signs clearly indicate, simply drop your perfect works of art into the hoppers shown above. The process is automatic!

You've now donated your first masterpiece! CONGRATULATIONS!

Also, please deter from dumping unwanted items into the hoppers. They are meant for books only and anyone found to be throwing useless items in there will be thoroughly violated to the full extent of my wrath. Thank you for your concern on this matter.

"Hey! Ogarci! I've donated my absolutely fantastic binding of knowledge and perfection! Now what?"

The answer is patience. Those who review the books do have lives and other duties to attend to, so processing your book may take up to a week. Even then, there's a chance your bundle of hard work and dedication may not pass the quality checks. Do not fret! All works are placed in storage for safekeeping until we light them on fire.

But, on the abysmal chance your book is accepted, great things are to follow. You work will be displayed in the RoFL for eternity! Any player that wishes to browse some fresh literature is free to stop by pick up a few volumes.

This concludes the guide! If you have any questions please feel free to contact any one of the RoF staff concerning donations. Have a nice day.

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
(First Comment! :D) Awesome :) It will take me a few days to think of something but this should be fun.:cool: I promise it will be much better then the cookie I accidently threw in! Sorry :unsure:

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I would like to reiterate one thing.

Also, please deter from dumping unwanted items into the hoppers. They are meant for books only and anyone found to be throwing useless items in there will be thoroughly violated to the full extent of my wrath. Thank you for your concern on this matter.

I have seen people and heard of people putting in trash such as plain book and quills.

DO NOT DO THIS

Please only submit materials that belong in the hoppers.

IronSword2000

Reaction score
Do you get notified if your book gets accepted or rejected? And I know that it can take up to a week (maybe even more, I guess) to get your book reviewed, but I donated books weeks ago, and I haven't been notified of anything. I'm confused, what should I do? And I'm sorry if I'm being annoying by posting this comment.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Do you get notified if your book gets accepted or rejected? And I know that it can take up to a week (maybe even more, I guess) to get your book reviewed, but I donated books weeks ago, and I haven't been notified of anything. I'm confused, what should I do? And I'm sorry if I'm being annoying by posting this comment.
No it isn't annoying at all! Just check in the library to find out.

IronSword2000

Reaction score
No it isn't annoying at all! Just check in the library to find out.
Thanks, Dess! :D

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
UPDATE REGARDING THE LIBRARY
I suppose it should come as no shock that someone named Biblius is helping with the Library, but that's not what this post is about! This is an update to let you know that we're now accepting suggestions for books by famous authors. For example, we have A Rose for Emily by William Faulkner. I'm currently working on a few other short stories, specifically The Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allan Poe. However, though I have seem to have an infinite knowledge of books, it is regrettably not so. (I wish it was.) Anyways, I'll need YOU to suggest books we can add. Here are some guidelines:​
1. We're only taking short stories. It should fit on 100 pages (for a miencraft book, that's pretty short.)​
1a. We may put certain stories into 2 volumes, but we'd really prefer not to.​
2. Please keep submissions relatively work-safe. This means works with explicit gore, sexual content, or excessive profanity have a very low chance of making it in. (We could make an over 18 section, but it's honestly not worth the effort.)​
3. You will only be submitting a suggestion. I'm going to be writing up the actual book to put in the library. I'm mentioning this so you don't all go through a bunch of work for nothing.​
Of course, you submitting a book does not guarantee it will make it in. But we'd love to see our library grow. Give me your books if we be friends, and we shall fill our library!​

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Good evening ladies and gentlemen! My name is Biblius, and I've recently been appointed to the post of Librarian in Rituals of Fire. I've been stalling on this post until the new lobby was announced. I'm planning an entire system overhaul for the new lobby's library; we'll be dividing into different sections based on genre and length. These are subject to change, but for now, here's the initial genres we'll be launching with:

Short Thoughts -This section is for, well, short thoughts. These should be amusing, entertaining, thought-provoking, or impressive in some way. These are strictly limited to 1 page, so please observe this when writing your submissions for these. This category will be somewhat harder to get in.

Stories -This is our most popular category. Pretty self-explanatory, however, I'm going to put down the requirement that these submissions be no less than 8 pages. I got a lot of faith in our writers, and I believe you can write me at least 8 pages.

Epics -Epics are the ultimate challenge to the writer. They must be at least 70 pages, and I'm looking forward to seeing these from you. These also need to be stories. (You can use the Revise mod to write books longer than 50 pages.)

Poetry - If it can be avoided, I'd really like to avoid single-poem submissions. What I'm aiming for here is compliations. I'm going to ask that you submit your poems in groups of at least 4-5.

Art -This is a trial section, it's success will depend on how many submissions I get for it. This is for artworks using ascii and other text-characters. I'm going to allow single-work submissions here.

Information - This section is for tips, tricks, and other general info you want others to know. This would be where all your building guides and survival tips go.

Published Works - These are short stories by already famous or professional authors. Works here will range from Edgar Allan Poe to Kurt Vonnegut Jr. (These may be submitted, but you'll need to use the Revise mod to sign the book as an author. You'll need to make these in singleplayer, then pm me the .mcbook later.)

I've also updated some rules:
1. All books must be signed. We do not currently accept anonymous works. If you send me an unsigned book I'll not even look at it, so be warned!
2. Please don't put any title pages or artwork as the first page of the book. (If you have art, we have a section for it!) The book already says who the author is, so please just use page 1 to start the story.
3. All submissions must be primarily in English. It is acceptable to use foreign words, provided you explain their meaning.
5. Certain lengths are required for certain sections. Short Thoughts can only be 1 page, Stories must be at least 10 pages, and Epics must be no less than 70. However, leeway will be granted on Epics and Stories that are good enough.
6. Plagiarism will not be tolerated in the slightest. If I find you committing plagiarism, I'll not only be disappointed in you, but you may be barred from the library in full. I have faith in you all, please don't let me down!
7. Rules are subject to change, however, they will be announced in this thread when and if they are.
Let's work together and make a library to stand the test of time!
-Biblius

Reactions: 1 person

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
NOTICE TO ALL PEOPLE WANTING TO DONATE BOOKS
I ask that you do not donate any books unless you give them personally to myself or Biblius. With the new lobby transition most books will be lost! However, there is something that you can do. A google doc sheet will be posted as soon as it decides to cooperate with me. What I want you to do is fill that out. All directions will be on the sheet.
No currently submitted books will be lost. Between now and the transition players may donate books in the standard fashion.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Was not aware of that, thank you for the correction.
NOTICE TO ALL PEOPLE WANTING TO DONATE BOOKS
I ask that you do not donate any books unless you give them personally to myself or Biblius. With the new lobby transition most books will be lost! However, there is something that you can do. A google doc sheet will be posted as soon as it decides to cooperate with me. What I want you to do is fill that out. All directions will be on the sheet.
No currently submitted books will be lost. Between now and the transition players may donate books in the standard fashion.

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7
Status
Not open for further replies.