Library Chest

Reaction score
With the new ROFL we buy tons of books, and write a bunch also. The problem is that these books, obviously, don't stack. People in expert + won't have a problem with storage, but people that aren't expert have no where to store these books. My inventory is already full, and with all these books i'm buying and making I have no where to put them. My idea is that we can add a Library chest where we can store only signed books, and the chest is personal for each person. This would make people more obliged to buy or make these books because they know that they have a chest that they can use to store them.

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm not sure how people can have a individual chest, there wouldn't be a lot of space for this to happen. If it did however, the only method I can think of is to add some type of vault; and the majority of staff already have decided not to add them in. Unless Sir filters each ID tag out, but I'm not sure how this would work with NBT data etc.

Reaction score
I'm not sure how people can have a individual chest, there wouldn't be a lot of space for this to happen. If it did however, the only method I can think of is to add some type of vault; and the majority of staff already have decided not to add them in. Unless Sir filters each ID tag out, but I'm not sure how this would work with NBT data etc.
Oh no I didn't mean a chest for every person. I meant a chest that worked like an ender chest. Also you said that they didn't want to add a vault. The main reason why the staff said no to this is because they said we already had enough storage. This storage wouldn't be for things you get in-game, but only things you get from the library. I can't keep buying books from the library because I have zero storage for it.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
In my opinion this is just one of those things that people need to think about before they buy the book itself. If they want to buy a book but their inventory is full they may just have to toss something else out. I don't think that adding an entirely new chest specifically for these books needs to be done at all.

Reactions: Undefined User 7

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain there are plugins that can provide personal chests, if anything I'm sure SirC can cook up some plugin that allows only signed book IDs into a personal inventory and I honestly see no problem with that.

• Dislike
Reactions: Comp

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
If that's the case, why not just have books based on permissions instead of based on items? Like, you "buy" a book by buying a permissionsshop for that book, and you can retrieve that book any time using a command /read, maybe the book has Curse of Binding on it so you can't toss it to others. Then, we can have the library operate as a library instead of a bookstore too, maybe allowing the free /reading of one book per week or something.