Let's Talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Psycho's post perfectly shows where we stand as a community, even though the anger was a bit unnecessary (understable though), the use of fuck by an admin shows this is no 'safe-space' that gets you banned for saying anything bad. If you don't understand that the use of n- or f-word, even if you use it as a joke) can be offensive to many other people seeing your post then you should probably take a course how to behave socially. If you are in a closed setting with friends then go ahead and say whatever you want!

I think some of the people are not deserving of the name troll. Passive aggresive and douchy behaviour does not make you a troll, there is a big part trolling involded too. Sure you shouldn't feed them but you can't always ignore it either. Honestly the warned people and their friends blame the system because it doesn't fit into their own perspective while they should rather look at what they are doing theirselves that starts problem. This is not a 'safe-space' but people do need to act respectful to each other and not post stuff that can heavily offend people (like the n-word). The way you act with your friends is not the same way you act in a bigger community, I bet nobody yells through a full classroom "are you fucking gay?" when pointing out something a friend did.

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
Psycho's post perfectly shows where we stand as a community, even though the anger was a bit unnecessary (understable though), the use of fuck by an admin shows this is no 'safe-space' that gets you banned for saying anything bad. If you don't understand that the use of n- or f-word, even if you use it as a joke) can be offensive to many other people seeing your post then you should probably take a course how to behave socially. If you are in a closed setting with friends then go ahead and say whatever you want!

I think some of the people are not deserving of the name troll. Passive aggresive and douchy behaviour does not make you a troll, there is a big part trolling involded too. Sure you shouldn't feed them but you can't always ignore it either. Honestly the warned people and their friends blame the system because it doesn't fit into their own perspective while they should rather look at what they are doing theirselves that starts problem. This is not a 'safe-space' but people do need to act respectful to each other and not post stuff that can heavily offend people (like the n-word). The way you act with your friends is not the same way you act in a bigger community, I bet nobody yells through a full classroom "are you fucking gay?" when pointing out something a friend did.
Vat you described my thoughts 100% and you wrote them down better than I could.

• Useful
Reactions: Jivvi

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Psycho's post perfectly shows where we stand as a community, even though the anger was a bit unnecessary (understable though), the use of fuck by an admin shows this is no 'safe-space' that gets you banned for saying anything bad. [BCOLOR=#ffff00]If you don't understand that the use of n- or f-word, even if you use it as a joke) can be offensive to many other people seeing your post then you should probably take a course how to behave socially.[/BCOLOR] If you are in a closed setting with friends then go ahead and say whatever you want!

I think some of the people are not deserving of the name troll. Passive aggresive and douchy behaviour does not make you a troll, there is a big part trolling involded too. Sure you shouldn't feed them but you can't always ignore it either. Honestly the warned people and their friends blame the system because it doesn't fit into their own perspective while they should rather look at what they are doing theirselves that starts problem. [BCOLOR=#ffff00]This is not a 'safe-space'[/BCOLOR] but people do need to act respectful to each other and not post stuff that can heavily offend people (like the n-word). The way you act with your friends is not the same way you act in a bigger community, I bet nobody yells through a full classroom "are you fucking gay?" when pointing out something a friend did.
Being offended is a choice (Largely. I'm not saying it's your fault you feel bad because you got bombarded with abuse, but getting all up in a fuss over someone using a slur in an context that was in no way offensive is a little silly). I don't think anyone was actually offended by Ender's use of that word I'll get banned if i dare utter. He wasn't pointing at a member of non-Caucasian ethnicity and screaming odiums and slurs, but rather presenting a valid point which got sidetracked by people getting hot and bothered for no reason by his loose language. Simultaneously, you're saying that a different admin spouting profanity at idiots is fine, even a show of the community not being a hugbox, go figure although that same admin maintained that such discourse is inappropriate and unbecoming. There's quite the heat between the advocates for pushing the line either way, and instead of busting a vein it would be wise to strike up a discussion reminiscent of parquette's iconic thread auditioning for a highly safe-space-esque community so that people can weigh in properly instead of dicking about posting garbage/warning people for posting garbage. I can only assume but it looks to me like the staff (or at least some) prefer the forums in a state of total political correctness because of the younger members, but from what I've seen the younger members are plenty mature. You'd expect them to be, since the internet isn't a safespace by any description. Choaticbinary made a good (in his own way) point about how individuality factors into how you perceive a comment. If I call someone a stupid Niagra, depending on who they are they'll have different reactions. Someone you don't know will likely be more offended than someone you do, someone whose archetype of human is the target of that particular slur will be more offended than that white kid over there. Staffing needs to be conducted based on how offensive a statement is with the context, recipients, and chance viewers taken into account so that people aren't being warned for 'personal attacks' that were literally just banter between friends. Someone saying 'what are you, fucking gay?' to someone else isn't going to elicit any kind of tragic memories or cause a great deal of anger in most people, ergo it should be fine provided the sender and the recipient are on good terms (Obviously it can still be a nice gesture to not spew bilge where it may offend someone with a reasonable reason to be offended, but that's subjective). Similarly, phrases such as 'enjoy the cock', 'this thread is full of pathetic individuals', and the ubiquitous 'you're cancer' are all phrases which shouldn't throw you into a fit simply because someone says them. Can you judge them for it? Sure. But they're harmless comments that don't affect you in any way and most likely purely the product of the combined senses of humour of two or more 'jackasses', nothing more. With all due respect, if you want people to conform to your rules of common decency then clarify them better and make sure they're not unreasonable when you consider the type of community you're enforcing them on.

• Agree
Reactions: Aqua and Hunter

GoldenValley

Donor
Reaction score
Ok that does it. If anyone says the n-word one more time I will slap you with a warning.

EDIT: The reason why I said this is:
1) It is an extremely derogatory racist word. I don't care what the context is. It has no place in these forums or community.
2) It violates rule 2.

This all being said, let's just chill out a bit. You may disagree with the rules. But please accept that they must be enforced.
What if a white child with cancer only had 3 weeks left to live and their last wish to the make a wish foundation was to be able to say the N word just once. Are you telling me its not okay for a white person to say the N word in that instance?

Toco Toucan

Reaction score
Ok that does it. If anyone says the n-word one more time I will slap you with a warning.

EDIT: The reason why I said this is:
1) It is an extremely derogatory racist word. I don't care what the context is. It has no place in these forums or community.
2) It violates rule 2.

This all being said, let's just chill out a bit. You may disagree with the rules. But please accept that they must be enforced.
This thread is violating the same rule. It's a personal attack on the people quoted.

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
this callout thread is more professional than my stint as admin + my professional league of legends career

even more serious note than my original post edit:
The fact that you have to put a warning on your post about name-calling pretty much negates the validity of your post for me right off the bat. You can pull the "oh, you're a "leaguer"" card on me if you'd like, but for the most part I just float around multiple communities so I feel like I have a pretty neutral standpoint and am open to roast anyone.

Don't post callout threads, that's absolutely unprofessional (coming from me lol) and really undermines the point you're trying to get across. I understand they broke whatever rules, sure, if you're an admin just warn him, if you wanna be the iron maiden go ahead and temp ban him or ban him or whatever, not my position to judge, as long as you can clearly point out what rule they broke without bending it or conforming it to your demands.
Forums have tons of shitty characters on them that do all sorts of vile shit, but honestly, you're on the internet of all places, grow some thicker skin because the internet isn't really getting much better. You're creating this beautiful ecosystem of a safe space but the same repeated stuff happens literally even other half year and you just cull them off again and just hope that it doesn't happen again. Let's think of all the people that have done (arguable) worse stuff and didn't get this professional af callout thread: aots, jub, snapflash, benrune, gamepro, me, whatever. There's a ton of names that are pretty bad (depending of your viewpoints and relations to them) that don't get admin callouts (shout outs to my boys). Instead, maybe creating a community that does have sub-communities and learns to welcome them and make them feel apart of a larger identity might help as they themselves might want to belong to a place and not tarnish it's image. You're going to keep kicking people out, ranting about users, then whatever, but in a couple weeks or months more are just gonna come back in and you'll have the same problem, l o l. You're calling yourself an unprofessional admin by doing this, go ahead and step down then, personally I could give less of a fuck about what other users are doing, I want some quality content being put out, cool and fun community events, whatever, not some shit flinging contest where the admins have to talk shit about users who keep shit talking each other. Take the high ground for once, I've learned to grow the fuck up from being a complete electric retard (nsfw) to being a pretty normal being and the one thing I learned from that it's never right to fight fire with fire.

double edit:
it's so good to see we endorse witchhunting and all want to just ban them all despite being warned and shit on by admins when that was the case previously with other users, feelsironyman

you're literally making this post just to incite the mob and get them to follow the popular opinion and just bandwagon onto your ideas and let their hate for certain groups become public, there's no other point to the thread. if i went up to a bunch of KKK members and started talking mad shit about how allowing too many immigrants into a country is a terrible thing then of course they're agree, that makes it's ok then, right?

tl;dr - Literal pointless thread, people made me post something serious, feelsbadman

Last edited:

GoldenValley

Donor
Reaction score
For Serious, however, what's the point of making this thread? If you have a problem with these members of the community, and, as you've indicated that you've made several attempts to stop, what purpose does publicly calling them out going to solve? Why don't you just ban them if they you are having a serious enough issue? If you've done your job by making these members aware of the potential punishments they would face should they persist in their behavior, and then they still do it, shouldn't the next step be actually banning them?

This thread serves no purpose but to publicly humiliate and call out these members as some mundane effort to embarrass them enough to stop. It's hard to take this thread seriously when that's the only point of it.

• Winner
Reactions: BrickWolf

Toco Toucan

Reaction score
Previously, if it got to a point where it seems like a personal attack, the admins would ask them to tone the friendly trolling down a little. This has never been a problem because the admins understood the difference between offensive attacks and banter. They understood who were friends and how they communicate to each other. Now that the community's disconnected, no one knows how anyone talks (our league group is a perfect example). What the new admins need to understand is how to not let these posts get to them (this thread) and know the difference when someone is talking some banter or going too far with it. Jolt even said he knows he went too far with the trolling.

Chips

Reaction score
are we taking a minecraft/ttt forum community too seriously here

i mean i didnt really feel it was necessary for an administrator pls no to make a post just calling out these selected people instead of talking to them privately, not making a huge clown fiesta. i mean i feel it was pretty obvious some jokes were jokes, and not in malice. why dont we all just chill out for once? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Aqua

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
For Serious, however, what's the point of making this thread? If you have a problem with these members of the community, and, as you've indicated that you've made several attempts to stop, what purpose does publicly calling them out going to solve? Why don't you just ban them if they you are having a serious enough issue? If you've done your job by making these members aware of the potential punishments they would face should they persist in their behavior, and then they still do it, shouldn't the next step be actually banning them?

This thread serves no purpose but to publicly humiliate and call out these members as some mundane effort to embarrass them enough to stop. It's hard to take this thread seriously when that's the only point of it.
if i may tack onto this - if this thread is substituted for warnings/bans due to the expectancy of an uproar of more shitposting that surely suggests that your interpretation of the tos is too prohibitive for the community you're imposing it on.

edit meant to point this out earlier
that is why we have a report button.
if nobody's using the report button one could reason that it's an indication that nobody's bothered by the things that get posted.

Last edited:

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
There are instances of shitposting in which these shitposters derail the main discussion of the thread. I think its pretty obvious around here. Seriously, do you shitposters even have a conscience? There we are trying to discuss something and you butt in with some irrelevant content and diverge the focal point of the thread and get everyone else confused.

I understand the need for humour in certain threads but there is no point in trying to post something which is irrelevant and get everyone puzzled; worse still deprive others of commenting as they have no idea what the thread is talking about.

It is even more horrid that people are commenting on their status to express their discontent after their posts get deleted, as Psycho said. If your shitpost thread is deleted, just shut up about it and don't blow it up further. There is no benefit for the community to hear your discontent nor to straighten out the case. You are just frustrated and want to express your anger to show that you can; and it's not unlike chest beating.

Honestly, if you're really that discontented, just PM an admin about the issue, don't need to make the whole thing public and draw responses from outside. It just shows how helpless and weak you are.

GoldenValley

Donor
Reaction score
Honestly, if you're really that discontented, just PM an admin about the issue, don't need to make the whole thing public and draw responses from outside. It just shows how helpless and weak you are.
Ironic because this original post is exactly that, a public call-out that drew responses from the outside

Status
Not open for further replies.