Let's Talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
WARNING: IF YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH EXPLETIVES, IMMATURITY, NAME CALLING, AND ALL THAT MESS THEN DON'T READ THIS.

This is a post directed toward a select few members in this Community that need to be called out: Jolteon42 paceboys Jivvi Omni Aqua - And anyone else that thinks they're special enough to be on this list.

Right, this is coming out of sheer frustration from the damn reactions that I see all the time when a few members on here complain about shit they get warned for. It's probably best that I don't post right now as I am, regretfully, pissed off at a select few members who have the fucking audacity to think that they can say whatever the fuck they want without getting warned and reprimanded AND THEN go whinge in their status or create a fucking post and cry about how the Admins are "policing" everything and that this Community is turning into a "safespace" or "hugbox".

Well why the hell are you guys still here if you're going to complain about shit like that?

Seriously, you're not obligated to stay in this Community -- there is no written contract saying that you're bound to this Community. You're free to find another forum to shitpost, troll, whinge, or do whatever the fuck you want, but yet you're still here.

I introduce to you the Community's Terms of Service and Rules - http://escaperestart.com/forum/help/terms - which I'm obviously tossing out on this post and am most likely going to be called out as a hypocrite for not following it as I am a Community Admin. Fuck it. You guys have likely forgotten about this little gem that tries to restore order whenever shitstorms happen on here -- Now fucking read it.

And yes, if you are part of this Community then the ToS/Rules do apply to you as you're not exempt from it. So don't fucking feel surprised when an Admin warns you for an immature post toward your fucking friend on here. I don't give a fuck if he's your friend and that you're "joking" around - you're still posting shit on here that disregards the ToS/Rules. Also, you're not exempt from being a jackass toward someone on here. If you're being a jackass, then that shit will be dealt with accordingly.

Granted, you guys are likely going to whinge on your status about how the Admins dealt with your shitpost -- and then come up with more shit to make it seem like you're funny or better than everyone else. Well, sadly, you're not. You can go fucking cry to your parents or anyone else that gives a shit about you because I honestly have had enough of your shit on here.

Don't get me wrong, being an Admin on here is great fun especially when taking a break from real life duties, but when I get on and have to deal with the shit that you guys post on here often, then something has to be said -- Grow the fuck up.

(Yes. I know that I what posted above is inappropriate and unsuitable for a Community Admin.)

D

Deleted member 4601

Please be sensitive here. Someone's trying to get a message across, and if you're not aware - it's serious stuff.

So before you go on with your "Let me grab my popcorn" or "this is double standards", grow up a little and learn to put yourself in other's shoes; Psycho's pretty stressed out as anyone would be in his position. Unless you're being helpful, your input is unnecessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Might as well put down my thoughts and see where this leads. Gonna address both sides in this.

Firstly, the aforementioned trolls and such. The community has rules and you're expected to follow them. If you don't follow them, you'll be warned and eventually banned, either temporarily or permanently. It's a simple system and I'm certain that at least some of you have no difficulty understanding it, so if you do break the rules, then expect certain retribution. At the very least, don't act surprised when it comes and when the rest of the community, including the admins, is pissed at you, because you know what kind of people they are, you know what kind of community this is and you know that if you don't adjust yourselves to it, you'll be removed. Despite not personally agreeing with some of the decisions that have been made lately, I understand that if I want to avoid trouble, I should either protest them in a civilised manner or simply accept them and avoid doing the same thing in the future. Of course, I also understand that you're not really interested in avoiding trouble.

... which brings me to the other side. Dear rest of the community and admins (Psycho, mostly), why do you keep feeding the trolls? I understand that there's really nothing you can do about them showing up unprovoked, like the Create virtual marriage thread that was invaded by pace, but once they've arrived and are waiting for your next move, why do you keep fueling the flames? Let the staff handle it like they should and if the trolls protest it in a manner that is just more trolling, let them handle that too. If you're the moderator in question and you get a PM or a profile post that trolls you more, ignore them. They're looking for a reaction so when you give them a reaction, you're only encouraging them. Fuck what they want, just delete the infriging post and go on with your merry lives, don't acknowledge them until they acknowledge the fact that they need to show that they're serious if they truly think a decision was unfair.

Now, the rules that have been broken mainly by these people are rules 2 and 4, right? Honestly, I would say that the first shots, so to say, weren't really anything against these rules, even when it's pretty clear that the follow-up was. The rules say that you should be courteous and respect your fellow players and such, and I completely agree. And I would also argue that when you're joking between friends, which according to you is, for some reason, unacceptable when done in such manner, you're not really being disrespectful towards anyone. When Aqua posts "What are you, fucking gay?" on Omni's profile, who cares? They're friends, no one was offended, end of story, move on. Even if you choose to view this comment as something that would upset you if it was directed at you, then why do you care if it wasn't directed at you? You're not going to call out two guys on the street that are calling each other f***** and laughing about it, are you? The only reason why this is different is because you're in charge here so you have the chance to push everyone into your own behavioural standards to avoid harm that was never going to occur anyway.

Ultimately, it's a matter of how you interpret the rules. Nowhere does it say explicitly you're not allowed to use the words "n*****" or "f*****" under any circumstances. Nowhere does it say you're not allowed to use them as a joke either. And while I agree it's common sense to not use them directed at someone in a clearly racist or homophobic way, then banter between immature idiots does not count as that in my own opinion, mainly because I use these words myself, as immature banter between me and my friends and I know for a fact that I don't mean to be racist or homophobic in any way. The way this community has opted to interpret these rules, however, is the one that really does make it a safespace and a hugbox and really does force the admins to policing and censoring everything that even slightly resembles an infraction, without leaving room for context or an opportunity for the moderator to properly assess the situation and make a decision that enforces the rules while taking into account the fact that words or even actions don't always have the same meaning or tone.

Honestly, though, because this is what the community has chosen for itself, then I can put forth as many arguments as I want about this and never really be taken into account. And why should I be taken into account, anyway? This has been the choice of the community in general, if there are people that disagree with it, like me, then unless there's a signifcant number of us, the needs of the many will outweigh the freedoms of the few, so I'll just consider that when making choices about what to say here and what not to say, and if I care about staying here, I will not fucking troll the whole way, because even though I see the reason why you're doing it (for your own amusement, I can totally relate), then in this community there are some rules and the interpretation of these rules is pretty well known, so I will either follow these rules and the way they're interpreted by the admins or be warned and eventually banned, either temporarily or permanently. It's a simple system and I have no trouble understanding it. The question is, do these people really care?

To summarise, the trolls are completely aware of what they're doing, so stop feeding them and swing the hammer already, if they're so bloody unbearable. I might not agree with how you choose to interpret the rules, but I have stuff I want to do here, so I'll follow the rules and the admins' interpretation of it because otherwise I'll face the consequences. If the trolls choose the latter, they'll face the consequences as well, and they know it.

EDIT (attempt #2 3): The fact that a certain word certain words was were censored in my post and then an edit pointing this out deleted without any regard to context illustrates my point better than I ever could have.

Last edited:

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
Please be sensitive here. Someone's trying to get a message across, and if you're not aware - it's serious stuff.

So before you go on with your "Let me grab my popcorn" or "this is double standards", grow up a little and learn to put yourself in other's shoes; Psycho's pretty stressed out as anyone would be in his position. Unless you're being helpful, your input is unnecessary.
Hey, I totally get where the man's coming from. I've called out people on this shit before but I can sense this thread is going to be one hell of an emotional journey and I god damn need some fucking popcorn.

• Haha
Reactions: Aqua and Fragile

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
What is interesting is that it seems like members are making their own definition of the rules and then they think it trumps the Admins.

Touching on the topic of "seeing" every post. Do we see everything that is posted? No we do not, that is why we have a report button. Do we want feel like we have to look through the new post history? Absolutely not.
So before you start complaining that the moderators are missing stuff, you yourself, should start reporting these very posts you are complaining about.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Psycho All jokes aside, we're a community built on banter, so when obvious jokes with pals is deleted for no real reason, a shitstorm is created. I will admit, my description was pretty inappropriate, but I wasn't even the first to do it, I just copied jivvi 'cause it was funny. Since then, I haven't done anything against the rules, the "enjoy the pussy" isn't breaking any rules, but it was deleted and removed on the grounds of what I assume was distaste. Enough about me.

If you haven't noticed in recent threads such as parquette 's thread about swearing, the community doesn't care, infact there was a huge wall of hate towards him for trying to do something that is probably in the right.

I'm gonna stop posting in this shit because nobody ever listens and learns anyway, and I'd prefer not to get banned because like every one else, I use this forum to talk to friends.

But looking at it from an outside perspective, I think yes some of the stuff posted by jolteon to intentionally trigger you is too far, but you should also ditch the perfect world morales as if the world falls into good and bad (to loosely quote L's opinion of Light in Deathnote), and look at this community as a whole.

Thank you for reading this and hopefully not banning.

-Aqua, Aquachan ~UGUU, Aquadude, Adam Douglas.

Reactions: Jivvi and Vatowski

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I think we just need to draw a line on what is banter and what is being a dick. Banter is when it's just fun and not going to hurt/offend/whatever someone. Being a dick is when you put meme posts on a serious post, start trying to piss off the admins and when they finally respond, post a one word, crappy response that shows you really don't give a crap.

It seems to be people who are more on the "TTT" side of the community, who seem to be tucked away in a little corner doing their own thing. Therefore, we need to make TTT more important, so in the endif you're going to act like a tosser and try to stain the reputation of mods in this community, you can get out. Currently, TTT is listed as a little banner in the EVENT SERVERS bit of the forum. If that's how we're treating TTT, I'm not surprised its players feel they can muck about being idiots. We need a way to combine the Minecraft and the non-Minecraft bits of the community so they're both equally important and people realise they can't be dicks any more. However, that's probably for a different thread. I just went massively off-topic. wtf did i just say, sorry.

EDIT: I think Aqua makes a good point here. Does anyone remember when ban appeals look like this? People just calling banned people dumbasses? Maybe we do need to seriously consider lightening up, especially if we're supposed to be expanding into other games, whatever happened to that, where there's much less chance of the audience tolerating chat moderation like we do atm.

Last edited:

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
(but in all seriousness i don't get why comments on other profiles were made visible on the status bar anyway, it has even stopped me commenting on others before since it just feels awkward and like everything is exposed, by removing it nobody who is annoyed by those sorts of comments will see it and all is at peace)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Aqua

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
(but in all seriousness i don't get why comments on other profiles were made visible on the status bar anyway, it has even stopped me commenting on others before since it just feels awkward and like everything is exposed, by removing it nobody who is annoyed by those sorts of comments will see it and all is at peace)
Although I understand your point, it is helpful to see new status updates so I know where to shitpost :^)

• Agree
Reactions: Mooglie

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

Lets all chill,
I was going to chime in with some convoluted post about admins losing face in recent years etc.etc and user support. I don't think the occasion merits the drama. The ban appeal that spurred on this post got out of control (no thanks to myself or the moderators who happen to be friends with Jub). Next time exercise tighter control on both sides.

Like it or hate it, there is few forums that function without some authoritarian oversight (Steam me with examples if you'd like to prove me wrong). A bit more trust and support in Admins when it comes to enforcing this would do wonders. And a bit less fear of using Admin powers wouldn't go amiss.

But i think that's a more convuluted chat that requires a lot more in-depth discussion/debate. Mostly this post is just to tell people to chill.​

Last edited:
Reaction score
what i think some of this goes back to is THE DON"T BE A DICK RULE rule is total and utterly subjective example i have put stuff on freakycupcake's wall like go kill yourself from a outside view that is awful but to us that is banter another example is that i have ask people who make cancer joke to stop because of my dad passing away but to them it nothing but a joke

another thing is that we are so fucking disconnected as a community that we don't what happens in other games like LOL or Gmod and some of us don't care because it not our game

Last edited:

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
what i think some of this goes back to is THE DON"T BE A DICK RULE rule is total and utterly subjective example i have put stuff on freakycupcake's wall like go kill yourself from a outside view that is awful but to us that is banter another is i have ask people who make cancer joke to stop because of my dad passing away but to them it nothing but a joke

another thing is that we are so fucking disconnected as a community that we don't what happens in other games like LOL or Gmod and some of us don't because it not our game
Exactly, that's a great point. Going on the gmod server or even on the escr teamspeak, all the shit that is apparently inappropriate for the forums is spouted there as common "chitter-chatter"; which is why I think that we should be more lax and go back to a nice extended group of friends on the internet, rather than censoring (in the case of ender using the word "n*****" to express something and having it instantly censored by an admin even though it isn't in any offensive context) or deleting everything that could be deemed offensive in any slight way/shape/form.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jivvi

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I will start this post by saying: Yes, I did go too far. It might have been immature. I'm willing to drop all the grudges and let's just have a friendly conversation here, as the title says. I will not try to provoke anyone's emotions with this post.

It all started when I commented with "what are you, fucking gay?" (video reference) on Noah's profile. I didn't intend to offend anyone with this post, it was a common joke on a Skype group me and Noah talked to each other a lot and I didn't really give any second thought to it. I was pretty surprised when I saw it got deleted and I got a PM from Mayor_Bryan
Hello Jolteon,
The reason why you are receiving this warning is due to your post on Naoh's profile. Since it can be viewed as homophobic and also as an attack.

Normally discriminating homophobic posts receive a 1 week ban. However, due to this being your first offense, we are letting you off with a less severe warning. Which will NOT result in any type of ban due to THIS offense.

Again it is always a good idea to review our TOS: http://escaperestart.com/forum/help/terms

The reason for my status and semi-trolling attitude on the forums (which how I usually react to things I don't agree with) was because I thought it was ridiculous, if I made one mistake in my four years in this forums I would've been global banned for writing that? I hope most of you can agree with me how unreal that is.

The second incident was Parquette's post which everybody here has probably read. I made some posts that could be considered offensive again, but I didn't think they were too bad and all in good fun. My problem with that thread was the unnecessary (in my opinion) deleting of posts. I don't think that was this much of a problem as the community's general reaction was that the thread was stupid (no offense) and people admitted it was quite funny.

And the last incident that I felt tipped the scales happened this morning. Aqua told me that he commented saying "enjoy the pussy" on Pace's profile and his message got removed. So Omni (also one of our friends) decided to satirize the incident by posting "enjoy the cock" on my profile. I wanted to make a joke about it not being deleted by saying the following: "Aqua posts "enjoy the pussy" on pace's profile and the message get deleted. Omni posts "enjoy the cock" on my profile and nothing happens. CONSPIRACY? I think not!" The word limit caused me to snip it off before I made it sound like a blatant joke. I followed it up with "Sexist/biased/lazy admins? You decide!" Meant to be another joke that used the tropes of popular TV shows.

Here is where I admit I fully crossed the line when Psycho got (probably rightfully) pissed and I replied with: "You see this profile post in 2 minutes but you miss his for 4 days? Hmmm..." and after that linking the search for all posts containing "pussy" and "cock".

I apologize to you, Psycho and to any others who might have gotten offended, for going too far on this joke that in hindsight was only funny for me and my friends and I have no excuses for these posts.

As a reply to Mayor_Bryan's post. My status update was sarcasm but... If nobody is reporting it, doesn't that tell you about how the general community feels about these posts?

Now, onto constructive criticism. We need to come to an agreement where we stand on this matter as a community. I think that we need to each compromise a bit, a place in between trolling and a safespace. How I feel like the community used to be.

I ask that I do not get insulted or made fun of as I have done nothing of the sort in my post. I am genuinely trying to be as respectful and mindful of your feelings as I can here. This is not sarcastic in any way.

Thank you for reading.

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
Ok that does it. If anyone says the n-word one more time I will slap you with a warning.

EDIT: The reason why I said this is:
1) It is an extremely derogatory racist word. I don't care what the context is. It has no place in these forums or community.
2) It violates rule 2.
2. No racism, discrimination, threats or personal attacks of any kind are permitted.

This is a friendly community and as such you are expected to be courteous and follow general posting etiquette. There are times when you may not agree with someone, or you've had a bad day and that's fine, we all have those days. But please, for your own benefit, leave your problems off of EscapeRestart.com. Doing so will ensure that EscapeRestart stays a welcoming, friendly place.
This all being said, let's just chill out a bit. You may disagree with the rules. But please accept that they must be enforced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.