let's not explode (sign up)

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score

Deep in some indiscriminate countryside that’s inexplicably cut off from modern methods of justice, a small town is in turmoil due to some duplicitous individuals really just making right pricks of themselves. The immediately obvious solution is to point fingers and murder potentially innocent people until there’s probably none of the infidels left, and hope they don’t blow you up with the stupid huge bomb they somehow have.

BASICALLY
  • 16 Players
  • Open Setup (with one secret role)
  • Starting Night 0
  • Any experience welcome, just keep a vague air of not-getting-petty-and-personal about you
  • If some miracle conspires and there's an excess of signups I'm going to exclude people based on likelihood to actually contribute anything useful to the game rather than immediately cutting off signups after 17 join.

THE SETUP

TOWN (11)
  • Civilian x4 – If all civilians die, the town loses.
  • Paper Boy - Can either visit someone to find out who they visited and who visited them, or can hide inside your house. Dies if visited whilst outside their house.
  • Mayor - Possesses the ability to double-vote.
  • Surgeon – Has the ability to visit and protect two people per night as long as the nurse is alive. After the nurse dies, he/she may only protect one player per night. Cannot protect themselves.
  • Nurse - Visits the doctor each night, and dies in place of the doctor.
  • Drunk - Visits one player from during the night and blocks them from using their action. If the Gadget uses their ability but is blocked, both the Gadget and the Drunk die, but the targets are saved.
  • Maven - Visits one player per night, and receives that player's role the following night. Immune to blocks. (i.e. Drunk)
  • Soothsayer - Selects one player per night (does not count as a visit); if that player dies, the Soothsayer receives one extra life, and one night kill. They cannot target themselves, and do not receive the boons if they predict their own kill.

MAFIA (4)
  • Gadget - Can visit one player during the night, killing themselves, their target, and all players who the target visited or was visited by that night. Explodes when lynched. Kills cannot be redirected.
  • Quack - Has the ability to visit one player at night and protect them, once. Cannot protect the Gadget. Appears as nurse in investigations.
  • Paparazzi – Reveals the role of one player to the mafia upon being lynched.
  • Ringleader – If the ringleader dies, the mafia does not meet the following night. They must still vote on a kill, however.

3RD PARTY (1)
  • Mystery Role

NOTES
  • You’ll want to play this game with a little care; excessive claiming hurts the town because it narrows down the pool of possible Civilians.
  • The main play the game hinges on is the getting a real nice use of the Gadget’s ability, like on the Surgeon or someone. Don’t waste it by going for a random N1 or something equally shortsighted.
  • Note the investigative quirk of the Quack, that’s a non-insignificant quirk that could get weird if you didn’t read the setup properly.
RULES
  • Be nice please
  • Don't edit posts or delete them
  • Don't cheat or talk about the game outside of it
  • No posting, or rating posts, while dead
  • Don't screenshot or copypaste role PMs
  • No flaming please
  • Don't gamethrow
  • Don't use forum status or PM mechanics as evidence
  • No gaming the system (bets, ciphers, alliances)
  • Don't lynch anyone because they claimed to be an assassin's creed ninja
  • Lie to me and I'll cut you
MECHANICS

You’ll get a PM with your role and maybe some kind of masterfully written backstory. Voting’s normal: majority lynch, 50% to nolynch. Do your voting in bold with a # in front of it so I can ctrl+f it easier.

#vote Hunter27a1
#vote nolynch
#unvote

SIGNUP

Fill out the following form:
TIMEZONE:
FAVOURITE COLOUR:
PLAYER LIST
  • nobody

Last edited:

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Deep in some indiscriminate countryside that’s inexplicably cut off from modern methods of justice, a small town is in turmoil due to some duplicitous individuals really just making right pricks of themselves. The immediately obvious solution is to point fingers and murder potentially innocent people until there’s probably none of the infidels left, and hope they don’t blow you up with the stupid huge bomb they somehow have
  • Any experience welcome, just keep a vague air of not-getting-petty-and-personal about you
  • If some miracle conspires and there's an excess of signups I'm going to exclude people based on likelihood to actually contribute anything useful to the game rather than immediately cutting off signups after 17 join.
  • Don't lynch anyone because they claimed to be an assassin's creed ninja
  • Lie to me and I'll cut you
the host we need

timezone: gmt +2
favorite color: violet

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
TIMEZONE: CDT (GMT - 5)
FAVOURITE COLOUR: Deep Crimson *shady facial expression*

Shouldn't you all be in daylight savings time? I.e. EDT (GMT - 4) ?

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Soothsayer - Selects one player per night; if that player dies, the Soothsayer receives one extra life, and one night kill.
Does this mean once they get a kill, they can choose to select a player OR kill a player, or can they do both per night? Also, does the extra life extend to lynches or just nightkills?

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i don't have host perms so imma just post this here bc hunter wanted me to to so he could move it in the meantime you can sign up if you want i suppose since at this point it'll be pretty notable if enough people are actually around to start the game
So are you hosting or is hunter hosting, or is it cohosting? And do you/hunter have a planned time you 'cut off' signing up and decide the worthy applicants, or is it just whenever you/hunter have time?