Lessongirl's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessongirl

Reaction score
Ingame username: Lessongirl

Time-Zone: UTC-8:00

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
About 1-3 hours, depending if I am busy

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
Well, to moderate the server to make sure everyone is in control and following the rules, but still letting people have fun. Ops also have to be responsible about setting examples to new comers.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
Well first off, I plan on resigning my staff job when the summer is over. I am younger (13 years old, lol dont laugh) And because I am younger, I can really relate to the player base.

How would you approach a problem you are not familiar with?
Well, lets say the server crashes. I am not familiar with ending the round. So what I would do is get a fellow staff member to help, or take matters in my own hands by just making a house where everyone can stay in. Lets say somebody griefs and replaces it, but the lava keeps flowing. I would not be able to check the logs. What I would do is I will let it slide, but I will keep a watchful eye. if it happens again, I will see who did it. And what if everyone needs to restore iron man mode? Well, it will be a lot of people to restore, but I guess I will have to be patient and just restore every. Single. Player.

Previous staffing experience on Blocktopia Servers?
Lol nope, and that is why I am applying, I would like some experience.

Refrences:
@Butamou

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your application greatly lacks, you look like you put no effort or time into it whatsoever - it needs much more thought and elaboration in it. Not only this, but considering you plan to resign in the near future I see no point in making you staff. -1

Also; You're not particularly young, most of the staff are in the teenage years and I only turned 14 about a month ago - Also, when it comes to staff positions what matters more than your age (the staff won't laugh at being young) is your maturity and how well you do ingame.

EDIT: I do agree with NyX, though - you have the potential to spend more time on the application and improve your behaviour (just in the help aspect, I do know you to be a nice and friendly player). Also, if you're going to apply, as I mentioned before in a possibly harsher way - make sure you can stick around and don't leave after a month. That's not what staffing is about.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: MetalGearSolis

Kuyajer

Tyoping Legned
Reaction score
Hello Lessongirl!

You asked me for a reference awhile ago, while I was still on trial, and I said no for a few reasons. You're a fun person to be around, and you try to bring the server together; for that I say thank you. It's nice to see a player, especially one who's made their way way up to grandmaster, still staying friendly with new players and welcoming to your houses. However, while you are pleasant and fun, a very important aspect, I failed to notice any other exemplary action. You occasionally try to help out, but you're more involved in your own thoughts and actions, building and inviting people to your houses rather than directing players and answering questions. While I can acknowledge you may not be a quick typer, or that you help out in your own way, inviting people into your house, something that certainly is quite generous, I feel like you could use more work in your staffing ability.

As for your age; there's no reason to be afraid or ashamed of age, I myself staffed(although others may question the quality ;)) when I was only 12. So long as you can be mature and act in a positive, helpful and friendly manner, you could be fit for a staff position. I also have to agree with Toiletprincess on the activity, if you plan to resign once summer is over, I can't help but feel discouraged to adding you to the staff team. As Biblius stated in Shande's Operator Application, RoF is looking for longevity and staff who will stick around through thick and thin, not one's who will leave in a few months.

Among other reasons, such as the fact that your application feels a bit rushed(you can still change this :^)), and the lack of commitment, I'll have to vote a 0 for now, although I feel like you change change your words and actions, and that could potentially change my vote.

Last edited:

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
This seems, all in all, rushed. It seems to me that you've have maybe 5 or 10 minutes, and just typed out whatever you could think of. I'd like to see you maybe add more onto this application. Expand on your ideas, add others. One sentence won't get very far for me.

As NyX and Toielt have mentioned, we would rather staff who, even during school, are willing to give up just a little bit of time each day to get on. I myself have been staff for nearly a year (during the two different runs) which the majority is during school. I can understand that you might be a bit frightened, that you might not get the ontime each week, etc. but things can be arranged.

As for your age, I myself first applied when I was 12. Sure, it was an absolute TERRIBLE application (I don't think I've ever seen one as bad), but from there I've grown and become more mature. I believe that it will be a similar path for you. Maybe not on your first go, but if you apply again, you may be accepted the next time.

For this application I'll be voting a 0, leaning towards a -1. I wish you luck!

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Even though I know the other 3 operators have mentioned this, I would just like to put it into my own words.
As you stated in your application, you will be resigning when the summer holidays are over. Honesty I think the controllers and the rest of the staff are looking for players who can staff full time, like for 1-2 years. If though you are wanting to do it for experience. If you are wanting to become a staff member you're going to have to dedicate some time after school to staff, if you can mange your time correctly, you can staff and do work and still get stuff done.

About your age, I will like to mention @Toiletprincess (I hope you don't mind) She started staffing in classic lava when she was 11 years old, age has never affected staff applications and it will never ever. Staff are looking for players who are mature, friendly, helpful and who get along with the community. Don't ever worry about how you are when applying for staff. (Also when toilet was 11, her first application got accepted)

Okay, about your application. The staff have mentioned that your application lacks and honestly it does, It can be improved a lot, there is always time to change this like NyXo said and I honestly think you should improve it while you still can.

In game, you're friendly and usually very chatty in the chat, I always see you making new friends in RoF and honestly I think that's your strong point. Honestly you don't stand out when you're being helpful and time to time I usually don't see you answering questions that other players have about the server.

For now I'm going with a 0, this may change to a -1.

Tamzies

Reaction score
A lot has been said by my colleagues and they are all right. Being young does not change your ability to staff, it is how you act your age around people. I have seen 12 year olds being more mature then 20 year olds this being said age does not matter in any staff position. You are a very nice girl and I always see you building houses for new players or chatting with some of the older ones, but I never see you actually help them or try to keep things quiet when there is no operator online. While I do think you Operating would be something in your future, this is not the time. Your application looks rushed and you do not go into any depth with answers, it seems thoughtless and we do not want that in an Operator. Also the fact that you want to resign after your holiday is done is not something we like to see.

Rituals of Fire is a big server and Operators have so much tasks that they have to do and I do not know if you are ready for them all. I certainly agree with everything that has been stated before and I think everything that I said was not new for you. I hope you are going to work on everything that we have stated and remember do not feel forced to help it has to come from inside. You are a very nice girl and although young, I think you can become an Operator in the near future.

Therefor my vote is a 0 and I am leaning towards a -1.

I wish you good luck,

Tamzies Out!

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Well, I hate to be repetitive, but I do agree with the others. I would've liked to see more effort into your application.
Age does not matter, it's your maturity and how you react to what's going on around you. And as Nyxo stated, we're looking for staff that will stick around and help make this server great, not temp ops. When unexpected things come up, Ops may have to resign (and that is understandable), but putting an expiration date on yourself isn't good. Unless you do a lot of extra-curricular activities, it's not hard to get an hour or two in a day after school. We have staff now that aren't on everyday but still make their weekly on-time requirement.

On a positive note: You are very fun to be around as a player. You do a very good job at interacting with the player base and making it a fun place for newer players. That is definitely a good quality to have as an Operator. I personally enjoy these little 'role-play' things you set up. It makes RoF a fun place.

I can't give an official vote at this time, but should you have to put an app in in the future I hope to be able to. Work on the thing's stated by the other Ops and make time in your schedule. After that, I'd love to see how you do in a trial. Best of luck.

~[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Rage [/BCOLOR]

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
As Rage said, I hate to be repetitive, but I have to agree. The application looks rushed, and could definitely be improved, and there's really no point in applying if you plan to resign in only a month or two. I myself know that I'm going to be busy once school starts(Heck, I'm going to be busy weeks before that with band camp) yet I plan on sticking around and getting in as much time on the server as I can. As others have said, age has nothing to do with the job. This is one job you'll find that runs on maturity instead of age. As said, you are friendly but not very helpful, and you do have potential to be a great staffer sometime in the future. You aren't quite ready right now.
I'm going to go with a 0.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Hello, and good afternoon.

After quite a bit of time among the leaders of the server, we've elected to deny this application. We don't feel you're quite ready yet in terms of maturity. Along with this, since you'd only be available for 6 weeks, we don't feel it's enough time to be worth the training and addition of a new staff member. However, please don't let this discourage you, you may apply again in no less than 2 weeks! We wish you all the best of luck until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.