Kryavus

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
Kryavus, the holy land of The Great Basilisk, is a pre-server settlement that just recently
sprang up.

Government:
Kryavus is a Triarchal Republic, in which three elected leaders rule over one sovereign
nation. Want to be the leader of a settlement in the future? In Kryavus, that is possible, as the people of our nation vote every month to either elect a new Triarch or keep the old one. A Triarch can be impeached too, so corruption shan't be an issue in Kryavus. For more about our government system, please read the spoiler.

-Triarchs are the highest elected officials in the government. They are appointed for a period
of a month, but may be impeached at any time or re-elected into office. They represent different parts of the kingdom (Military, Engineering, and Executive (i.e. an official of an 'office', such as the Head of the Department of Resources or the Head of the Department of Economy; names such as these will change once we get a theme for our settlement.) As a Triarchy, they vote on all major matters involving the kingdom, such as declarations of war/peace or beginning of a new major construction project. They elect a council to get advice from and give orders to.

-Military Branch:
-Military is exactly what you think it is; all of the members of the militia protecting our kingdom. They also include those whom supply the kingdom with weapons and armor, and strategists.
-Engineering Branch:
-Engineers are every member of the kingdom that expand the kingdom through building structures. This includes Architects, those who design the buildings that the Triarchs request, and Workers, those who construct the buildings according to the architect's design.
-Executive Branch:
-Executives are all of the members that are a part of the other miscellaneous parts of a working government, such as Treasurers. These are tentative and many different parts of this branch can be added and can be removed, depending on the efficiency of the whole thing.

-Voting: Voting for a Triarch is a bit fixed, but for a reason. High ranking officials have votes
that count triple that of a citizen of lesser status. This is to insure that newer citizens, whom vote for random people that they don't know, won't overwhelmingly vote for a person that isn't fit for the job. At the same time, it doesn't make them feel that their vote is discarded, because it still counts for a lot. When voting to impeach a Triarch, the same voting rules apply, but instead of the highest count, 2/3rd of the citizens have to agree to an impeachment. The impeachment system also makes sure that if we were to have a bad leader, they could be removed and replaced instead of dragging down the kingdom. Triarchswont be able to vote for themselves at the start, maybe later on when there are more members.

-If a Triarch is impeached, a 'second-in-command' (Viceroy) will be bumped up to leader for the rest of the term. The second in command will be chosen by the Triarch when he is elected, and must be a part of their branch (engineering, military and executive.)

-The voting for a Triarch will be postponed for +-1 month in addition to the regular monthly election period so that the original Triarchs have enough time to set up the settlement properly.

Architecture:
For those considering joining our engineering division, or for those that are just interested in
what we will look like aesthetically, we are trying to go for an Arabic-themed build. This is mainly made up of sandstone, cobblestone and various wood planks (however, jungle wood planks are used the most.) The basilisk that represents our nation is commonly seen throughout our architecture. For a few ideas as to what image I'm trying to paint, here are some screenies for your viewing pleasure:

A picture of our would-be capitol building. The basilisk figure is small here, but can be seen a few times on the sides of the stairs.
Inside the would-be capitol building.

Example of the wall around our city. A basilisk head can be seen here as a protected sniping spot for our archers.
A statue of The Great Basilisk.

Military:
Kryavus is a fairly hostile settlement, so expect us to be in quite a few wars. We will only have
a few alliances, three max at any given time. This is to insure that we will always have someone to fight. If you decide to join our military division, be expecting to be raiding other settlements frequently, as well as defending our kingdom from external tyranny.

Joining Us:
Kyravus is an open settlement that is free for people to join. However, we will allow people to join whenever. However, if you wish to join us, we would prefer if you were to fill out an application with the questions below and post it in this thread (again, this is not required.) If you'd like to be our ally, please have an official of your settlement start a conversation with all of our current Triarchs so that we can discuss why we should ally with your settlement.

Please erase all italicized words and keep all bold words in your application.
-What is your In-Game Name?Please give us your exact IGN. Spelling and capitalization matters!
-What is your strongest skill in Minecraft? Your weakest? I.E. building, PvP, etc...
-How well do you understand the concepts of Government and Economics? Don't worry if you don't understand these concepts, it's just to gauge if you would do well in a higher position. Not knowing these concepts does not necessarily mean you will not be selected for a high position in our government.
-What division of government (Executive, Military or Engineering) would you like to go into? Please tell us which division and why you would like to go into that division. Please note that you can switch at any time unless you are a currently elected Triarch.
-If you'd like to go into the division of Engineering, can you show us some of your builds?If you are not intending on going into the division of Engineering, please put N/A.
-Is there anything else you would like for us to take into consideration? If there is anything else that you feel would benefit your application, please say so here.

Current citizens of Kryavus:
Triarchy:
-Thymos (Executive)
-DKnucklehead (Military)
-chrisrocks300 (Engineering)
Viceroys:
-MikeTang (Engineering)
-Airkid (Military)​
Engineers:
-JKangaroo
-higanimitsu​
Militia:
-brownlee123​
-omgitsathong​
Executives:

If you have any questions about Kryavus, please feel free to ask us in this thread or in PM.

Tread with fear

Rnkwjiq

Reaction score
What is your In-Game Name? rnkwjiq
-What is your strongest skill in Minecraft? Your weakest? Strongest skill, Build and PVP. Weakest: Mobs/Clumsiness
-How well do you understand the concepts of Government and Economics? I understand how to handle economy, and keep things fairly well. Government-wise I do, I know how to keep a colony secure.
-What division of government (Executive, Military or Engineering) would you like to go into? Engineer, because I am a fairly skilled builder.
-If you'd like to go into the division of Engineering, can you show us some of your builds? Okie
-Is there anything else you would like for us to take into consideration? I am a very loyal citizen

Reactions: davidjl123

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
Basilisks are small you dope
but oh hey are we still doing the alliance thing
Incorrect, the basilisk lizard is small. The mythical basilisks are giant snakes, such as the one in the second Harry Potter film. At any rate, we wont be allying anyone until the start of the server, but since you insulted our beloved Great Dalisor, I don't think we can trust you.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Incorrect, the basilisk lizard is small. The mythical basilisks are giant snakes, such as the one in the second Harry Potter film. At any rate, we wont be allying anyone until the start of the server, but since you insulted our beloved Great Dalisor, I don't think we can trust you.
wtf you just said because logic exists you cant be my friend
:c

• Sad
Reactions: Enderfive

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
wtf you just said because logic exists you cant be my friend
:c

I'm....not quite sure what you mean by the logic bit. He's stating that our idea of a basilisk is different from your idea. Our basilisk is a deity, even more powerful and great than any basilisk of legend or reality that you may have heard about. This is no matter of debate, Dalisor is the greatest deity there ever was or ever will be and his size is so great that he is unmeasurable by current means.

And as far as alliances are concerned, Thymos already stated it. We wont be allying with anyone officially until the server actually starts. Even if you had said Dalisor was the greatest thing ever, we would have asked you to wait. So come back to us later and we may consider it.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Jivvi and Thymos

Higanimitsu

Reaction score
-What is your In-Game Name? higanimitsu
-What is your strongest skill in Minecraft? Potion Making Your weakest? Fighting with Swords ._. (Don't judge me)
-How well do you understand the concepts of Government and Economics? I Understand but just a bit
-What division of government (Executive, Military or Engineering) would you like to go into? Engineering, cause, i want to help and make the city Apealing... Appealing?.. Apeeling?...
-If you'd like to go into the division of Engineering, can you show us some of your builds? I'm not comfortable at showing off so... ._.
-Is there anything else you would like for us to take into consideration? someone who would gather me potion matterials :3

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Nuan 5~
And so the three still remained within the seas of sand by their third twilight since the inception of their journey. High atop a sandy mound, the moonlight showed their resting place for the long night. Branches of dead oak rose up from the sands, as a hand reaches for the stars. A once great tree buried deep in sand, where only shattered ends remain. Time had not shown mercy to this place.

So they lay upon the sandy enclosure. Because of their journey, they begin their rest. The hearth is made as the night releases its cold. An eye in the branches catches the hearth and reflects a fiery gaze. It is a serpent that watches over them, colored like the bright sun, but the moonlight glows blue on its delicate scales. Knuckle leaps with great haste towards the serpent, and with a grapple he wrangles the neck of the creature, and with his knife he slices through its body. The body falls to the sand and continues to move. Knuckle presents the severed head to Thymos and said, “Your great wisdom has allowed us this freedom, so this should go to you.” Knuckle retrieves the body, dividing it into two. He presents the tail portion, the larger of the remaining pieces, to the young Chris, “For your artistry and ingenuity.” Knuckle keeps the middle portion, the smallest, for himself. The three cook and consume the body of the serpent and relish their newfound sustenance. And then they rest.

They all awoke to a start with a great weight on their chests, and felt as if their insides were turning into stone. They stretched outwards and grasped at the sand which fell through their tightening grips. At the last moment of their lives, the weight released. A great presence was felt by the three of them, but no gaze fell upon it, for somehow knowing it would be their demise. The Lord God Dalisor said, “I am Dalisor, God of all worlds. You have consumed a creature of my image and of my blood. You have set your hearth ablaze in this most sacred ground. For these defilements you have each sinned beyond your worth. You, who striketh down my being, what Will possessed you?”

And so Knuckle steadily rose in his place and said, “None but my own, great ethereal spirit. It was the desire of safety for my friends and my own sustenance that drove me to slay your creature.”

The Lord God Dalisor said, “And what drove you to construct your hearth in this place of all places? These grounds should not be walked by those who would choose to defile it.”

And so Thymos also rose to address the Lord God Dalisor and said, “It was but for our need for warmth in this cold night. We never intended to bring harm to these grounds nor burn the remnants of this great oak, and we had no knowledge of its sacred value. If we had known, we would have sought our shelter elsewhere.”

The Lord God Dalisor said, “So ignorance you plead, yet men in worlds past have done sinful deeds under the banner of ignorance. These sins are what crumbled your world in Discord, as well as worlds before it. I have grown weary of Man’s excuses.”

And so Chris spoke to the Lord God Dalisor and said, “You have told us that we have sinned beyond our worth, but are there acts that we may do to repay you for our sins?”

The Lord God Dalisor said, “No small deed shall grant you this repayment young one.”

So the young Chris spoke again, “If it is our lives you will take, then we shall do anything you ask of us. We shall do this task in the name of you and for your virtuous path.”

The Lord God Dalisor said, “Perhaps then. The deed that you must do will take each of your lifetimes to complete. But this deed will not only repay for your sins, but of all sins that have ever been done by Man if you fulfill your task. You three men will construct and lead an empire under my name that will shape this world’s future. Here, the sands have buried great empires that once ruled many of Man’s nations lifetimes ago. So it shall be that your task is to succeed where these others have failed."

The three men did not acknowledge each other directly, for each knew that they intended on taking this path to redemption for not just themselves, but all mankind.

The Lord God Dalisor said, “And so it is so. Head east to the glistening shores that shall meet you at the dawn. That place awaiting you shall be the fountainhead for your people. And be warned, that you not only have the power for redemption for this world, but to also become the catalyst for its destruction. Do not divert from my path, for otherwise it shall lead you to this destruction I speak of. By the next evening, determine who shall be your leader and have him return to this sacred site bearing an offering to me, for he shall be the prophet for our people.”

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
Applications are appreciated but no longer required for joining our settlement. Let us know IG, in this thread or via PM if you'd like to join us!