KOTH Suggestion/C4 Suggestion

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
Ok, so here goes my first real post on the forum. Pjaj wanted me to post these ideas here...

On KOTH I think it should be CherryBomb only. With all the insta TNT that goes on, it is extremely hard to even GET to the "hill."

Next, while I'm on the subject of insta TNT, C4s are probably the most commonly used form of insta TNT, so why not have a delay before you can detonate them? I say you place it and have to wait 3 seconds before it is available to /d. I had heard that it was not possible to have an arming time like that, so if that isn't possible, maybe you have to move a certain number of blocks away before you can detonate? Maybe 5-7 blocks away because most insta TNT is..well...instant.

• Disagree
Reactions: chris360kss

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
I definitely agree with your first point. I've been testing out TNT-only on KOTH for a little while, on and off. It forces combat much closer to the capture point.

C4 detonation delays have already been tested by KingSam many months ago. In the end it was reverted to its current behaviour because many of the players who used C4 exclusively were crippled. That trend seems to have died down now though, so it might not be as big an issue as it was then.