Blocktopia - Accepted Kat's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
What is your in-game name? _BillClinton (He's my favorite President since either George HW Bush or Jimmy Carter)

What timezone do you live in? CST

How many hours have you played on the server for? 14 hours

How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week? I can staff the server for roughly 20 hours a week, but 10 or 15 would be a better number to expect. The time I can be online seems to be a time when Create doesn't have any staff members on for the most part.

What prior staffing experience do you have? I have staffed AoD 1.0, A+T, AoD 2.0, and the Forums. This shows that I have the experience to learn how to operate the commands that will be unfamiliar, and that I know how to work with people. I also believe that this shows that, despite the maturity I lack and have always lacked, I know how to be mature when needed and responsible on Create.

What do you think the role entails? The role is simple. You play on the server like usual, being a friendly face and having good character, and when someone breaks a rule or a fight breaks out or one of the many things that can happen inevitably happen, it's your job to solve the problem and right the situation.

Why do you want to be a staff member? I want to be a staff member because I want the best for the server, and because of my ego, I am the best. More seriously, I do believe that I have the experience and confidence to give the current Create staff a helping hand.

What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants? Experience and my ability to be a critic. SirComp and Salient are the only Create staff that have more experience staffing than me, and I can be a useful staff member to be asked questions by the players and future staff about the server and about staffing. In addition, I am very good at being a critic, and putting myself in this position would allow me to give people applying for non-staff ranks good feedback on how to improve their building if they are not ready for the rank.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with? Ask someone who might know, which in my experience has usually been a former staff member, or ask another staff member to deal with it and watch what they do.

Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us? I believe that my application has covered the information I wanted to provide in it. Please ask questions if you want more information or have concerns.

Please list your references: I have decided not to ask for references for this application.

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
Hey fragile, thanks for applying!

Your application is very well thought out, and I've seen you around on create a lot when I've been on. You've been helpful as far as I have seen, and you'd be a great addition to the staff team. I don't think it would hurt to give you a trial and see how you do. It also helps you have tons of staffing experience ;)

+1 for trial, good luck!

• Useful
Reactions: Jivvi and Fragile

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Abusing my ex-CA powers to post here.

I think Create can definitely use some active staff at the moment. Your biggest weakness is maturity yeah but you've acknowledged that and I don't think it's a problem. You have some nice experience being staff member and you are always nice to hang around with on the server which is a fantastic quality.

+1

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Whilst we do need some more staff members, I'm slightly concerned about a few things.

Firstly, your ontime. Out of your 16 hours of ontime, 6 of those hours have been this month, and 5 of which have been this week, even though we're only on Tuesday. That only leaves 10 hours of past ontime. Secondly, _BillClinton is a very interesting username, and you changed your name to it on December 27th. I'm wondering how long you were thinking about being a mod for, as I'm not entirely sure you would have changed it to _BillClinton if you were considering it before. Your past maturity (which you do mention in your app) makes me a bit doubtful about this as well, but according to Hex you do seem to be more mature now, and you do have staffing experience.

I think I'm going to go with a 0 leaning towards a -1, a -0.5 perhaps, at least for now. If I see anything that makes me change my mind, I will change it. It's just at the moment, I'm not fully convinced.

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
Firstly, your ontime. Out of your 16 hours of ontime, 6 of those hours have been this month, and 5 of which have been this week, even though we're only on Tuesday. That only leaves 10 hours of past ontime. Secondly, _BillClinton is a very interesting username, and you changed your name to it on December 27th. I'm wondering how long you were thinking about being a mod for, as I'm not entirely sure you would have changed it to _BillClinton if you were considering it before. Your past maturity (which you do mention in your app) makes me a bit doubtful about this as well, but according to Hex you do seem to be more mature now, and you do have staffing experience.
It's understandable to have these concerns. Let me take them one at a time.

Ontime: It's true that my ontime hasn't been the best on Create. This is, however, my ontime on the server after numerous wipes, and I've probably achieved 5 or 6 days in total on Create (not including Buildbox). I will work on my ontime if I have a trial.

My name: I have made inappropriate jokes about my name, to be honest, and if it would make you more comfortable I can change my name to something like HW_Bush or _Jefferson.

How long I've wanted to staff: You may not remember, but I've wanted to staff Create for a while. For a few months, in fact. I don't really blame you if you don't recall that I asked you for a reference a few months (or so?) ago, as I don't recall many of the people that have asked me for a reference.

I don't expect you to (and I actually request you don't) change your -0.5 based on this information.

• Useful
Reactions: Jivvi

Pink

Reaction score
Hey there Fragile!

First of all thanks for applying,
This is a hard one, I haven't seen you recently. You definitely need to work on your ontime not just once you are on trail.

Since I don't really know how you act ingame, it is hard for me to judge.
So for now I'll go for a
+0
I will keep an eye on you via discord,
so I can always change my opinion.
Goodluck!
( Don't mind my spelling )

• Useful
  • Thank You
Reactions: Jivvi and Fragile

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
Hi, Fragile, sorry for the late reply, I've been somewhat away due to medical reasons.

As much as I enjoyed staffing with you and I like your confidence, I'm going to have to put this application 'on hold'.

It seems you came back to Create on the 27th of December. Even though you technically joined (at the day of me typing this's date) 699 days ago, you did leave Create for a long period of time. I prefer players to have been playing over a month and have at least 12 hours ontime (which you have) before I accept them. Why? I want to see if you have dedication after you've come back and how well you can help people out before I either put you on trial or accept you.

I appologize this isn't stated in the Moderation Application Format, that is completely my fault.

This application will be accepted/denied on the 27th of January.

Good luck!

SalientGorilla

Reaction score
Abusing my ex-CA powers to post here.

I think Create can definitely use some active staff at the moment. Your biggest weakness is maturity yeah but you've acknowledged that and I don't think it's a problem. You have some nice experience being staff member and you are always nice to hang around with on the server which is a fantastic quality.

+1
Vat, I know you're an Ex-Community Admin, you resigned so, you're a player now and with that, please follow the rules and not reply to staff applications.

Last edited:

SalientGorilla

Reaction score
Okay so, you haven't been on as much as I would've liked, that might be due to the player count during the week not being great. So, with that in mind I will be placing you on a two week trial. Sadly, while you're on trial I won't be giving you access to staff forums or discord, only in-game commands, as I can imagine you guessed.

I'll set your title to trial-mod, you will have permissions to change it but please don't.

After two weeks (10/02/2017 I'm English, convert it to the backwards way yourself!!!!!!) I will review you and decide what to do then.

Good luck!

• Thank You
Reactions: Fragile and Notme
Status
Not open for further replies.