Not open for further replies.

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
Subforum(s) you wish to moderate: Discussion
Time-zone/Country of origin: GMT -6 (CST) / USA

Question - You see user and long-time administrator, superstein abusing his Admin powers by berating a user and insulting him publicly, how do you proceed?: I would delete his posts and send him, alongside the other four Administrators, a PM detailing what happened and I would let the Administrators take it from there.

Question - An argument breaks out in a thread, both sides have some valid points but ultimately it is derailing the thread and starting a flamewar, how do you proceed?: First, I post, making sure everyone involved know that they were being too intense and ultimately distracting the discussion from its purpose. If the argument continued, I would close the thread, then I would delete all the posts that were off-topic/flaming and warn the users that were still repeating their behaviour. I would then re-open the thread. After that, it would really depend on the severity of the posts, but I would leave it be if the posts were both on-topic and calm.

Question - A user publicly contests with your decision as a moderator, with a public post disagreeing about your decision regarding a moderator action, how do you proceed? I would, publicly, ask the user to take the concerns to me in a PM. I do not take contestion lightly, and if the user had a valid point, I would undo and apologize for whatever decision I made. I would ask staff and members that I trust about their honest opinions as well, as in this situation I may not be able to keep an unbiased opinion. (Especially since I'm burdened with being a stubborn person.)

Mock question - tnmjimbob is drunk and threatening to delete the forums, tell him your favorite joke so as to distract him: The Government. You can never stop laughing at that one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.