Declined Katman's Discussion Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

YouWould

Subforum(s) you wish to moderate: Discussion
Time-zone/Country of origin: Central (GMT -6)/USA

Question - You see user and long-time administrator, Malcovent abusing his Admin powers by berating a user and insulting him publicly, how do you proceed?: The first time I saw it, I would send a pm to Malcovent and the other Administrators, warning him not to do it again - an Administrator abusing their powers is an extremely vulgar offence. I would leave further action to the Administrative team - at a certain point there's nothing more I can do.

Question - An argument breaks out in a thread, both sides have some valid points but ultimately it is derailing the thread and starting a flamewar, how do you proceed?: I delete the posts and bring the thread back on track. If it's too bad, I would delete the thread entirely and create a new one. If it continued after that, I would happily hand out warnings for flaming.

Question - A user publicly contests with your decision as a moderator, with a public post disagreeing about your decision regarding a moderator action, how do you proceed? It really depends. If their statement is valid, I will apologize and not undergo such actions again. If it was them making the thread with to sound logic, I would respond or delete it, depending on how bad it was.

Mock question - GmK is drunk and threatening to delete the forums, tell him your favorite joke so as to distract him: Jokes? Who needs jokes? I'll distract him with more drinks until he passes out!

Thank you for reading and considering!

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, sorry this is so late - we had a lot of stuff go on the past two weeks and completely forgot about it!

After some discussion with the other admins we have decided to decline this application. Your answers to the application aren't exactly reassuring, in specific:

Question - An argument breaks out in a thread, both sides have some valid points but ultimately it is derailing the thread and starting a flamewar, how do you proceed?: I delete the posts and bring the thread back on track. If it's too bad, I would delete the thread entirely and create a new one. If it continued after that, I would happily hand out warnings for flaming.
We try not to delete more than needed, and deleting a thread is almost always too far.

Thank you for your interest in the role, however!

Status
Not open for further replies.