Website
escaperestart.com
What if clans are balanced unfair like:
Fire: 22
Water: 25
Earth: 39
Wind: 15
Wood: 24

Will they be rebalanced or will clans be closed so people can only join the unbalanced ones?
Bribe people with 1000 cookies or whatever currency is here to join least populated clan.
Those with strong interest into going specified clan will go to that clan anyway, but unsure people may go for cookies.
Oak63 Does it sound like good idea?

• Dislike
Reactions: Haysagar

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
What if clans are balanced unfair like:
Fire: 22
Water: 25
Earth: 39
Wind: 15
Wood: 24

Will they be rebalanced or will clans be closed so people can only join the unbalanced ones?
If one clan becomes horribly unbalanced we may simple make it so that new players can't join it temporarily until things balance out. Although I'd rather not use such a method if possible.

SocialT

Reaction score
When raiding a base are the rules the same as JtE they have to be unlocked by a block to raid them?

Catcocomics

Reaction score
chests cannot be blocked with dirt
So what happens if 5-9 people from one clan come and storm my house, while I'm the only one in my clan who is online, and take absolutely everything I have?
Actually ,what's more worrying is; what happens if some one raids our house when we're offline?
Is this to say that death traps are required to ensure the safety of our belongings?

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
So what happens if 5-9 people from one clan come and storm my house, while I'm the only one in my clan who is online, and take absolutely everything I have?
Actually ,what's more worrying is; what happens if some one raids our house when we're offline?
Is this to say that death traps are required to ensure the safety of our belongings?
The rule states "players may not block their chests with dirt. (More info to come)" which reads very much like an old rule on a prior SMP; where you were not allowed to cover your chest and it had to be accessible at all times.

We'll need to wait for further info on the specifics for this server, but in the past players have used jump courses, secret doors, hidden chests and redstone locks (sometimes all at once!) to secure their loot. There are hundreds of ways you can hide a chest - A wooden door on your house with your chest sitting opposite isn't the answer.

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Soon(tm) we'll have a chest rules thread up answering these questions and many more.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Naoh

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
Are we still on track for release tomorrow? Also, could use those chest rules soon(tm). :)

So many things I need to update with textures. Doors and flowers and banners, oh my! At least I got the stained glass done finally.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
What about trap chests, that automatically cover themselves with block, when someone tries to open them?
That will only prevent more than one person looking in the chest at a time, as you will still be able to see the chest's inventory, even when something is placed on top of it while you look at it.
And keep in mind, we want to be able to access our chests but prevent others from doing the same, so a death pit might not be the best idea.

However, I have been creating little dungeons in some certain areas of the Create server, so maybe I should try making a mini-dungeon or something?

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
That will only prevent more than one person looking in the chest at a time, as you will still be able to see the chest's inventory, even when something is placed on top of it while you look at it.
And keep in mind, we want to be able to access our chests but prevent others from doing the same, so a death pit might not be the best idea.

However, I have been creating little dungeons in some certain areas of the Create server, so maybe I should try making a mini-dungeon or something?
Or make horribly hard jumpcourse in these pits. Floor should be covered with lava/coweb/cacti :p

parquette

Reaction score
The rule states "players may not block their chests with dirt. (More info to come)" which reads very much like an old rule on a prior SMP; where you were not allowed to cover your chest and it had to be accessible at all times.

We'll need to wait for further info on the specifics for this server, but in the past players have used jump courses, secret doors, hidden chests and redstone locks (sometimes all at once!) to secure their loot. There are hundreds of ways you can hide a chest - A wooden door on your house with your chest sitting opposite isn't the answer.
wait, why must chests be accessible at all times? If we can't use dirt on chests, does that mean we cant hide the chests at all to secure our precious belongings? It just seems too unfair for all those people that JUST got some diamond armour that they are happy about, then someone comes in and steals it. Imagine the conflict between players

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
wait, why must chests be accessible at all times? If we can't use dirt on chests, does that mean we cant hide the chests at all to secure our precious belongings? It just seems too unfair for all those people that JUST got some diamond armour that they are happy about, then someone comes in and steals it. Imagine the conflict between players
use glass instead :^)

Catcocomics

Reaction score
glass doesn't block chests.
Also, I want something that keeps thieves out without killing me (and I'm sure everyone else likely agrees, if they're sensible), so murderously hard and exceptionally unforgiving parkour courses just don't cut the bill.

Like, I'm one of those people who likes to use my chests a lot.
The more security I put on them, the more inconvenient it is for me to try using them, and if the security is lethal, I will die more often from trying to use my chests than actually getting killed in battle.

In fact, if I make security too tight/unforgiving, I'll lose more diamonds to my own security system than any potential thieves.

I have a few ideas, though I'd appreciate being able to use dirt to protect my chests.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
In primordia we had a limited number of locked chests so that players could have a private stash while the rest of their chests were open. However, you could also make a really hard jump course/death pit and then put an iron door that goes around it for yourself. As long as people can possibly access via the jump course, you don't have to make the door accessible to them, and you can just put down a lever to access it yourself. For that matter, you can make a dirt door. They aren't allowed to break it, but you are.