Just a Head's Up

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
A voting has been initiated for a new family leader;

I'd just like to quickly note that I would like for everyone to not vote for me. I do not wish to be leader at the moment, for a couple reasons... One of them including Terraria, and another from school. :p

If you would still like to vote for one of the Council, you may do so. I shan't stop you.

And remember to read everything before you submit, as well as double check your grammar. ;)

Reactions: Notme

gettinthere

Reaction score
I'd just like to quickly note that I would like for everyone to not vote for me. I do not wish to be leader at the moment, for a couple reasons... One of them including Terraria, and another from school. :p
Terraria? Really? You could have just said school.

Duffie said:
And remember to read everything before you submit, as well as double check your grammar.
;)
Red squiggly lines everywhere. There's alot of names in mine.

But there's questions left.
Why can't you be a part of the Council of Gaia? You could manage plans of Gaia but who said you'd need to be ingame? Can't you check/manage plans on the Forums with the other people if more than one leader is selected for Gaia?

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
Terraria? Really? You could have just said school.
Oh, people know. It's more than just Terraria, as I'm slowly moving from Minecraft temporarily.

Why can't you be a part of the Council of Gaia?
Well, the council, really, was a first impression... Thing. Can't really say anything more than that at the moment.

You could manage plans of Gaia but who said you'd need to be ingame? Can't you check/manage plans on the Forums with the other people if more than one leader is selected for Gaia?
I'm still not much of a leader. I would rather not be a large symbol for Gaia, even if it turns into a "Constitutional Monarchy." It would just be easier if a more active, helpful, and supportive person to take the role of leader.

gettinthere

Reaction score
Oh, people know. It's more than just Terraria, as I'm slowly moving from Minecraft temporarily.

Well, the council, really, was a first impression... Thing. Can't really say anything more than that at the moment.

I'm still not much of a leader. I would rather not be a large symbol for Gaia, even if it turns into a "Constitutional Monarchy." It would just be easier if a more active, helpful, and supportive person to take the role of leader.
Moving from Minecraft is reasonable.

So if it was a first impression...
Why was the Council created?

Then does this mean the Council was temporary Duffie? D:

Wow, the D colon emoticon looks ugly on Times New Roman.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
So if it was a first impression...
Why was the Council created?

Then does this mean the Council was temporary Duffie? D:
The Council is really the 4 people I trust the most from 1.7.3. I'm not sure if the council will be temporary or not, though.

Really, I'd have to say that it won't be temporary, if I had to choose.

gettinthere

Reaction score
The Council is really the 4 people I trust the most from 1.7.3. I'm not sure if the council will be temporary or not, though.

I see only one person on that spreadsheet. It isn't going to be pretty. 5 people that rules a family also won't be pretty as I'm sure somewhere along the way there will be some issues. And only 1 inactive person that rules the family won't be pretty.

Anyways, there's bound to be some rough spots.

It wouldn't help if the Council is inactive too.

lolpierandom

Reaction score
I see only one person on that spreadsheet. It isn't going to be pretty. 5 people that rules a family also won't be pretty as I'm sure somewhere along the way there will be some issues. And only 1 inactive person that rules the family won't be pretty.

Anyways, there's bound to be some rough spots.

It wouldn't help if the Council is inactive too.
What spreadsheet?

Regardless, the Council is more or less a permanent establishment, though it will not always be the same. The 5 are not neccesarily set in stone; neither do all of them have to be active for votes and other things to be done.

Most of us are just taking a break from Minecraft- I should be actively playing in 5 days or so.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score

Lol Basicly the council from Shizuka. Im not sure if I was really considered council in the 1.73 server in Shiz, but maybe IF I was in Gaia it could be a council of 6 :p.
I think you still trust me :x

gettinthere

Reaction score
What spreadsheet?

Regardless, the Council is more or less a permanent establishment, though it will not always be the same. The 5 are not neccesarily set in stone; neither do all of them have to be active for votes and other things to be done.

Most of us are just taking a break from Minecraft- I should be actively playing in 5 days or so.
What will happen to the other 4?

And if the Council has no opinion on their presence, then how come we don't get answers on some questions?

You also haven't fowarded any plans for Capital eversince Hesperides was done. Guinessis is still waiting for what to do with the gold. Council is divided over the transit system. Capital is nowhere to be done. More and more cities are being built. And lastly, you guys say that you're inactivity is a proper thing in the last resort!? I didn't mean ingame, but what about the Forum activity? It's like you guys became unattended about Capital and you just dropped that!? You guys should atleast give us Gaian Citizens some sort of gameplan on what to do about Capital because it's not going to finish itself.

Being reluctant for a short time is one thing. But Council being mostly MIA and having no answers is a bit worrysome as Capital is not done and nothing major is being done in Gaia.

Edit: About the spreadsheet, it's the one for Family leader voting. As you said in the past, Gaia is suitable for having a council, but the council is a bit inattentive about answers and I'm worried about your image on Gaia's future... atleast it's bit bet- oh. All the capitals in the other families is nice and close to being furnished. But anyways, I suppose that the least Council could do is bother to disclose capital plans.

Unless you're too busy with "Skyrim until 5 days". I don't have any problems except when Gaia reaches a point of constant no government actions. Then that's my issue.

lolpierandom

Reaction score
Look, to be honest, I really can't do anything about it. As far as I know, I haven't seen Dani, nor Eon, though I'm sure they're on. Shadow's on leave for ~3-4 more weeks, as he's reported. I would gladly do something, but I can't.

I'll try to get something done, but all I can promise is that unless any member objects by tomorrow, I'll at least have plotted plots, and done some roading, + assigned zoning and other things. I'll also put the current draft on land ownership up by tomorrow.

gettinthere

Reaction score
Look, to be honest, I really can't do anything about it. As far as I know, I haven't seen Dani, nor Eon, though I'm sure they're on. Shadow's on leave for ~3-4 more weeks, as he's reported. I would gladly do something, but I can't.

I'll try to get something done, but all I can promise is that unless any member objects by tomorrow, I'll at least have plotted plots, and done some roading, + assigned zoning and other things. I'll also put the current draft on land ownership up by tomorrow.
Zoning inside the Capital or in all of Gaia? Because outside of Capital is a mess.

Eon, I've seen but Dani went completely MIA. And plus did Shadow give the Council a PM? Because if he were to made a public announcement, then my post's point wouldn't have been made at all.

Also, Stonestead is being relocated so hopefully that doesn't mess with your plans.

@Duffie
Can't anyone be free to join the family? But unless it were to be a part of Council, a discrete vow would be fine.

lolpierandom

Reaction score
Zoning inside the Capital or in all of Gaia? Because outside of Capital is a mess.

Eon, I've seen but Dani went completely MIA. And plus did Shadow give the Council a PM? Because if he were to made a public announcement, then my post's point wouldn't have been made at all.

Also, Stonestead is being relocated so hopefully that doesn't mess with your plans.

@Duffie
Can't anyone be free to join the family? But unless it were to be a part of Council, a discrete vow would be fine.
Inside.

Old town is meant to be a sloppy mess- we'll just pretend it's historical property, mk? Well, we're going to clean it up a bit at least, but it will be the same more or less. Shadow alerted us he'd be gone for ~6 weeks a while ago, on vacation and whatnot. I assumed most of the other council knew.

Addressing the second part- I believe she meant to become Council.

I don't think we'll ever break 6 on the council- it might become 6 soon due to reasons that may or may not become true.

Anyways, I don't think we'll promote new council members unless it's to replace resigning ones- or ones that are just completely gone.

My view on Council Vs. Leader thing is.
We need a Leader for snap to decisions, long drawn out votes between high ranking Gaians (Council) on every little thing will take it's toll on us.
I'd do so but it's not within my authority. Once this vote gets done we'll have a leader, and I'll make sure to bother them for decisions and whatnot.

gettinthere

Reaction score
My view on Council Vs. Leader thing is.
We need a Leader for snap to decisions, long drawn out votes between high ranking Gaians (Council) on every little thing will take it's toll on us.
its*

And also, there isn't a very active pool of high ranking Gaians.

I don't think we'll ever break 6 on the council- it might become 6 soon due to reasons that may or may not become true.

Anyways, I don't think we'll promote new council members unless it's to replace resigning ones- or ones that are just completely gone.

I'd do so but it's not within my authority. Once this vote gets done we'll have a leader, and I'll make sure to bother them for decisions and whatnot.
If the Council becomes encumbered with more inactive members, I'd be more worried.
I'm sure some Council members would want to resign due to lost of interest in Minecraft or other activities.

Also, DaniNomsYou said she went crazy as the job of a Council member became stressful while Hesperides was being built. I haven't heard from her since.

Also, why is @Shadowofgods active in the Terraria thread? Likewise, if it's other games that making you inactive then spit it out. If you don't disclose anything to us Citizens, then boy Council will be fed with our many problems and questions.

And there's rarely any Gaians on Primordia. That's another concern even as Primordia will update to MC1, despite predicted projections as player count will steadily increase. But there are other games.

And the fact that people are playing other games with the expense of not disclosing any information, not even dropping by Council matters daily, and not responding on questions is getting bothersome.

lolpierandom

Reaction score
The skyrim thing was more of a joke than anything- I've generally been discouraged by school and whatnot. Skyrim is actually a small portion of my time- studies are very important to me, and I need to pull As.

I'm actually kind of waiting on the MC1 update, but as I see now, I can't wait.

I'll bite.

lolpierandom said:
Lower Class

You may rent a pre-built house(9x9) for 300 Shillings a week
You may buy a pre-built(9x9) for 1000 Shillings and pay 200 shillings in taxes every month. You may customize the inside, but not the outside.
-Normal plots are 9x9(?) and cost 500 Shillings, and pay 200 shillings in taxes a month
-Large plots are 11x11(?) 750 Shillings, and pay 300 shillings in taxes a month

Upper Class

You may rent a pre-built house(11x11) for 300 Shillings per week
You May buy a pre-built house(11x11) for 1000 Shillings plus 200
If you purchase a property, you are liable to being removed from it if you are demoted to Gaian from a higher rank
-Normal plots are 11x11(?), and cost 500 Shillings to purchase and cost 200 Shillings per month in taxes
-Large plots are 13x13(?), cost 750 Shillings to purchase, and cost 300 Shillings per month in taxes
-Master plots are 17x17(?), cost 1000 Shillings to purchase, and cost 400 shillings per month in taxes

All time increments are based on real-life time.

To be honest, I'd rather have a one-time payment as upper-class, and then be able to have lower taxes.
Semi-drafted plan. Near final, something Dani suggested, I modified. No objections to it as of yet.

The prices MIGHT seem steep, but to be fair, 400 shillings is NOTHING for one month, especially compared to other pricings. This only applies to capital, by the way.

All prices subject to change.

Digitalis

Reaction score
Also, why is @Shadowofgods active in the Terraria thread? Likewise, if it's other games that making you inactive then spit it out. If you don't disclose anything to us Citizens, then boy Council will be fed with our many problems and questions.
Sorry that I can't take a small break to do what I want, for a while. I wasn't aware.

Numberplay

Reaction score
Now this is progress ;) I hope you'll make a public thread to show what you want and get people to help.

gettinthere

Reaction score
Sorry that I can't take a small break to do what I want, for a while. I wasn't aware.
I said it was alright for you to enjoy other games, not to cut out other games completely.

But if you cut off activity without disclosing publicly that you'd be away, then that's another issue.
(unless that were to happen to be the week before I came to Primordia)

Digitalis

Reaction score
I said it was alright for you to enjoy other games, not to cut out other games completely.

But if you cut off activity without disclosing publicly that you'd be away, then that's another issue.
(unless that were to happen to be the week before I came to Primordia)
I had made my inactivity noted, before, and I felt the interest slipping, just slightly, so I figured that the transition from 1.8, to 1.0, when beyond half of the players don't have access to 1.8.1 anymore, would be a good time for a small break. I'm not done playing minecraft in any way. Just waiting for the server to update to 1.0, which is very soon.

Guinessis

Reaction score
My two cents.

Rent: Who collects it? What will it be used for? What services are offered to justify the rent?

Council/Leader/Inactivity. It's a game. If people can't play or don't want to play that's completely fine, but still requiring builds (transit+capital+mines) to meet approval when the council is rarely available is slowing things down. I also agree with Jayfeather, one leader will streamline the decision making process.

Also, I'm working on a sanctum/garden in the SE corner of Gaia territory. Check it out if you like and offer comments or advice.

lolpierandom

Reaction score
My two cents.

Rent: Who collects it? What will it be used for? What services are offered to justify the rent?

Council/Leader/Inactivity. It's a game. If people can't play or don't want to play that's completely fine, but still requiring builds (transit+capital+mines) to meet approval when the council is rarely available is slowing things down. I also agree with Jayfeather, one leader will streamline the decision making process.

Also, I'm working on a sanctum/garden in the SE corner of Gaia territory. Check it out if you like and offer comments or advice.
Any council member + will be reponsible, and I might designate tax collectors. I have yet to know if we can make bank accounts like we can in the old 1.7 server, but if we can, the taxes will go to that, which will go to paying for expansions, materials, and builders.

We might charge a small tax on official towns, with the benefits of having several perks in the capital. The tax would be very small (100 for a town, 250 for a city), but that probably won't happen.

EonLatias

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think a council will stay (Unless each new leader decides to stick with picking one), because it's not like we've made the family ruleset including that (though it'd fit more under a constitution type thing). If a new leader arises, fine. Inactivity kills everything. But eh.