Jumpcourse Theory/Unconventional Tips

Reaction score
Was just thinking about jumpcourses and new ways of going about them. I came up with this kind of design, that balances 2*1 jumps with 1*1 jumps. Jump from 1 to 2, 2 to 3 and so on.

The problem with having 2*1 jumps is that, given enough zombies, they'll all eventually chain up enough blocks that they can cover over the gaps, like the blue block below.

The benefit of using this kind of design is that every zombie following up with have to delete the blocks placed by the zombie that went before them, ensuring that there is never more than 3 2*1 gaps bridged(what with the 3 block limit for zombies).

Chain up a few of these and you end up with a very good jumpcourse like that shown below.

Pros:
Uses an optimal amount of blocks and space
Ensures that max 3 of your 2*1s get bridged

Cons:
Falling from the 2*1 doesnt drop you down very far(might be remedied by a large amount of zombies stacking and pushing one another off though).

Thoughts? Also, any tips or tricks that you've thought up that go beyond the usual "flanking is a zombie's best friend" advice?

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
It shouldn't be that you can just survive on jumping courses, they are made to let some time pass by before you have to run and all jumps should be able to get bridged so eventually even with some 2-1 jumps all zombies will be able to reach you. It wouldn't be fair if not more than 3 2-1 jumps could be bridged and so I would still make courses like this easier. (it falls under the 2-1 moderation rule)

Reaction score
I was always under the impression that it was a ratio thing of 2*1 jumps to other jumps for a jumpcourse was the rule? This has a 2:1 ratio of 1*1s to 2*1s. What exactly is the rule? "In moderation" doesn't really tell you anything, is 4 too many?

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
'In moderation' means you shouldn't use too many 2-1 jumps in your course but you can have a few of them. There's isn't a set amount of what is allowed and what not, but how many you can have doesn't depend on how long your course is (there is no ratio). If you keep it at 3 to 4 2-1 jumps max. in your jumping course it's fine, but you shouldn't add many more than that.

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
I'm honestly a bit confused about what you're proposing here?
Do you want a new rule/addition to jumpcourses?
No it's a trick that he's sharing with us all trying to be kind. C:
I've actually used it once and imo it's okay. I've probably done it only once and decided that I'd rather keep my old generic one.