JtTorso's Dusk of Discordia Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

JtTorso

Reaction score
In-game username: - JtTorso

Staff references (Op+): - Da_Jinks, Biblius, M_B_H, Pryzyms have all agreed to reference me. *Edited

Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): - I was a former Zombie VetOp for probably well over a year and eventually demoted to Op (all VetOps at the time were demoted due to a change in expectancy in the rank), I was also a Classic TNT Trusted for a period of time. Aside from this, I will fully admit to not having any experience with staffing in Premium Minecraft, I've been told by a few different staff members that learning commands is easy, I hope my staff experience makes up for my lack of experience

How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: - The Operator rank entails warning rule breakers, banning when needed, and giving aid to those who need it.
Despite the fact that those are all things Ops do, it's a fair bit more than just that. In my time with Minecraft as whole I've learned that Ops aren't invincible figures, they can make mistakes like everybody else. Asking for help when you need it isn't a weakness and knowing where you faulted is important. That being said, staff ranks are important authority figures that are much like the glue that keeps the server from falling apart, staff are the building blocks that have maintained this community since the days of TheOnes.

Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: - I have a lot of staff experience but none with Premium Minecraft. I Understand that people go through different experiences and are constantly changing, myself very much included, different situations call for different solutions.
I feel within this past year I've changed a lot in good ways, I can say with certainty and confidence that I am not the same person who staffed classic zombies back in 2011, but I similar in many ways. feel I can be very strict or forward with people, which are things I felt I was known for when I staffed on Classic Zombies.
I've after my time with Zombies I've come to learn what kind of an impact I've made on players and staff, I hope to continue doing that as a staff member on DoD and if I'm deemed unfit I would have to accept it and do better next time if I chose to reapply.

If there is a problem you aren't sure of how to deal with, what will you do: - As I said before, knowing when to ask for help is not a weakness but a strength. It may seem cliche to say that but why not better yourself for when you're in a situation when I can't ask for help? Asking staff or even players for help is acceptable and there is no shame in it, there are multitudes of ways to ask.

If a staff member of equal or higher rank is acting up, what will you do: - Sometimes people make mistakes, if they're abusing commands or they have an unacceptable attitude as a staff member, I would ask them about it or inform them of their actions and or behaviour, they might be unaware of their wrong doings. If the intent they have is to cause displeasure to others or disrupt/harm the server and or community in any way, the best thing to do would be document the events, (i.e. screen shots, quotes.) and then PM it to the Director(s) and Admins.

What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it: -I'm rather absent minded and forgetful due to my A.D.D. (Attention Deficit Disorder for the uninformed).
I can also be rather aggressive or strict or very forward, sometimes this comes off as being intentionally rude or generally being disrespectful, I have no intentions of disrespecting anyone or offending anyone, or at least in very few cases. Some may consider those positive trait and in ways it is. I can also be impatient or condescending with people who I feel are wasting my time, I definitely feel that's something I can separate to the best of my abilities when staffing.
My self description may sound a bit harsh as I do tend to be a bit hard on myself, that being said many people I've staffed with and befriended over the years have had rather high and positive opinions of me. Those who have negative opinions have either been a rule breaker and faced the consequences and chose blame me for their actions, have wronged me or felt they were wronged by me and have seen my bad side as a result, or they simply have a distaste for me, which is perfectly fine, you can't please everybody but only those you chose to.

Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: - Despite the fact that everyone in Blocktopia calls me Jt (Which I'd prefer to be called in game) my "In real life" friends (and some family) call me Torso, a nickname I've had since middle school. I graduated high school in June 2013 and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life with the people I care about.

If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: - I'd like to thank everyone who referenced me, this application may not even be accepted or it could be one of many steps to something greater, I may become a Director within one years time, who knows where I'll end up.

Also, if the application is poorly worded on my part, or something needs clearing up, please ask me and I will do my best to explain myself.

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
I'm not someone often to reference an applicant, however, this is case in which I will. Jt has staffed for years in the past and even a role model for many new staff. He has proven himself multiple times as a staff on zombies and even as a VetOp. He's even been in the community for nearly 4 years.

Right now, he is still very active and dedicated on DoD, almost in top 10 ontime. He has the experience to definitely uphold the rank of Operator again, even if it is on another server.

The application is put together well and certainly has the credibility I would like to see. Although this can be seen as favoritism because I've known Jt for years, I am strongly confident he can handle the Operating rank, because at one time I looked up to him as a staff member, too.

Definitely a +1.

Reactions: Undefined User 7

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Jt has prior experience as a staff member. He is a veteran in more than one way! He's really sat down and thought about the questions here, and that speaks volumes of his dedication to staffing. Along with this, we can see notable achievement in clans. In JtE he helped design Wisteria, and he also lead the team on rebuilding Hobitton. You've designed a beautiful layout for Saponem, and I've seen your professionalism and maturity first hand. You are more than ready to staff on our server!

+1

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
From Zombies to DoD, I've known you for a while. You are mature, have previous staffing experience within this community, and know what we expect of the rank. The application definitelly has some effort put into it aswell!

+1!

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
I have definitely noticed you helping out and being friendly on the server. You have a lot of past experience with staffing. You're on a lot and I can see you fitting in nicely in the Dod team.
+1 from me, good luck!

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Right, Jt, you have a huge amount of experience as staff within Blocktopia, and great experience at that. I have never seen anything come wrong from you, a definite leader with Saponem and a man with many ideas which can be put to good use. You are super active, very helpful and all around everything I want in a applicant. I will gladly +1 this.

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
I have known JtTorso since maybe even before when SMP 4 was around.
On Dusk of Discordia, I see him being a friendly person and is a mature person who helps out.
I think that having experience even if it's only from classic, a good thing.

Atleast deserves a trial, +1!

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You're certainly active and you're most definitely going to fit the position well if you're accepted. You're a great helper with Saponem and I believe you'd be a great staff member!

+1

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I was a bit uncertein on this, so I have been looking more closely at you the last days. That and this amazing application have convinced me. The reasons are pretty much already stated by the other staff, active, helpful, nice, much experience.
1+

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.