Journey to Elysium PvE Rules - Compendium

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Introduction

Because that the PvE and PvP in the world is seperated, there will be seperated rules too. This thread applies only to the PvE side of the world, and may under no circumstance be applied to the PvP side, except when the same rule is stated in the PvP Rules Compendium. This thread will be updated from time to time, if you want to make sure that you are doing fine on the server you will need to check this thread regularly.

Rules:

1. No hacking allowed.
  2. No abuse of bugs/glitches.
  3. Only mods that are stated in the "allowed mods thread" will be tolerated, others are banned.
  4. Modifying structures and griefing is not allowed.

4.1. If the protection plugin is acting up, you may not grief any protected area. (See rule 2)

4.2. This includes placing water/lava, tilling soil, or growing trees against property.

4.3. When you are using someone else's farm, you must replant and refill anything you used.

4.3.1 This means you may kill other people's animals, as long you make sure the same amount of animals will reborn.

4.4. Destroying people's resource blocks, is considered griefing.

4.5. If a house appears to be inhabiting a natural feature (a cave) that is considered his property. 4.6. Breaking blocks above people's chests IS considering griefing.
  5. Respect your fellow players and staff.

5.1. No excessive language.

5.1.1. Staff has the final call if it is appropiate or not.

5.2. Don't insult.
  6. No advertisement.

6.1. If there is anything you want to say about another community, contact a staff member first to be sure that you aren't advertising.
  7. You may not construct traps.
  8. Only set your respawning (bed) point in your own house, or have permission by one.
  9. You may not construct or use mob grinders to grind exp.
  10. You may steal, as long it does not break any other rule.

10.1. Only steal from a person at maximum two times per 24 hours.

10.2. When you have stolen or are planning to steal, you may not camp the person.
  11. You may not build to gain access to someone's house. (See rule 4)
  12. You may not claim a stronghold.

12.1. This means that any player should have access to it, without any harm done.
  13. You may not block off entrances to the PvP side of the world and pre-made towns.
  14. You may not splash any harmful potion to a player.
  15. No items grinders allowed, and one may only have 25 animals.
    15.1 As official settlement (Village/Town/City), your settlement may have 40 animals.
  16. Always follow staff requests.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Enderpearls? Are they game for getting in through normally impossible ways?

And let me just clarify, rule 13, means that everything in our base has to be accessible 24/7?

storm886

Reaction score
Your personal home does not need to be accessible.
Your own-made town does not need to be accessible.
Thank you for clarifying this! Also....

Is a contraption that pushes the spawn of a spawner down a hole tall enough not to kill them considered a grinder? This would make the creature very easy for the player to kill and get xp. I never knew the exact definition of a grinder.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Thank you for clarifying this! Also....

Is a contraption that pushes the spawn of a spawner down a hole tall enough not to kill them considered a grinder? This would make the creature very easy for the player to kill and get xp. I never knew the exact definition of a grinder.
9. You may not construct or use mob grinders to grind exp.

What you mentioned is a typical example of a grinder.

Reactions: storm886

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Marnixxie I still don't understand the whole rule 13 thing (OH GOD DON'T HURT ME PLEASE) Could you uhm, explain?

Does it just mean entrances to natural things? Manmade things? Chests? Portals? etc.
No it is my bad, I will edit it to make it more clear.

Before I have edited it, it only counts for entrances to the pvp-side of the world and default set towns.

• Informative
Reactions: Doxxieh

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
My guess would be that rule 13 means: If you use it as a door, everyone else needs to be able to use it as a door too. So, you can block your chests, but let people see your home since it's a pve zone anyway.

[edit] Or marn could ninja post while I'm posting.

Vatowski

Reaction score
I don't like the stealing rule, no way to defend yourself!
You may steal, as long it does not break any other rule

If you place a dirt block over your chest and the person destroys your dirt block in order to access your chest, it would break rule number 4 which is the no griefing rule. So yes you can protect yourself from it

chris360kss

Titless
Reaction score
You may steal, as long it does not break any other rule

If you place a dirt block over your chest and the person destroys your dirt block in order to access your chest, it would break rule number 4 which is the no griefing rule. So yes you can protect yourself from it
I know that, but what if you are in your house with a chest open? Sone could walk straight in and take your stuff, and you couldn't do a thing about it! D:

• Agree
Reactions: Duffie

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Ah, I assume you can't lock off your door if someone happens to walk into your house? E.G. someone walks into my house, I can't place a block in front of it?
That adds to "You may not construct traps.", I simply suggest one to be careful when they don't live in an official town. Though, when you live in such town only members can access chests(if wished for), which is something I rather more suggest.