Is there any RTS version of Civilization?

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
RTS Civilization - it contains many eras just like civilization series, but being real time strategy.
Game like this is most likely 4X genre.

I know, that there are Empire Earth series and Rise of Nations, but these games are so 2005.

Scrable

Reaction score
Well... There is also Empire Earth 2

Jokes aside, the 2nd Generation RTSs are sadly not produced anymore. But with the 1st Generation RTSs seeing a revive attempt, an attempt to revive the 2nd Gen may also come.

BTW, if you want to play, add me on Steam. we could play some Rise of Nations together... or against each other.

What you could also get: Age of Mythology... Uhm... and there is nothing else really.

Oh and you say they are soo 2005... I still play games from 1999 and 1997

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Well... There is also Empire Earth 2

Jokes aside, the 2nd Generation RTSs are sadly not produced anymore. But with the 1st Generation RTSs seeing a revive attempt, an attempt to revive the 2nd Gen may also come.

BTW, if you want to play, add me on Steam. we could play some Rise of Nations together... or against each other.

What you could also get: Age of Mythology... Uhm... and there is nothing else really.

Oh and you say they are soo 2005... I still play games from 1999 and 1997
Graphics are fine, its just mechanics being bit shallow.

In Rise of Nations you for example can research computers or other modern day tech in ancient age (there are 2 separate tech trees)

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm there is browser game named "forge of empires", but is there recently released game, that doesn't have needless waiting and microtransactions?
This game http://www.overworldlabs.com/sfk.html is my favorite Risk/civ game thats online. If you put the difficulty to insane it can actually be quite a challenge.

Tell me if you decide to try it out, I'll give you a few tips.

Probably spent 100+ hours on it, trying out all different maps and starters

• Haha
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
This game http://www.overworldlabs.com/sfk.html is my favorite Risk/civ game thats online. If you put the difficulty to insane it can actually be quite a challenge.

Tell me if you decide to try it out, I'll give you a few tips.

Probably spent 100+ hours on it, trying out all different maps and starters
There is a lot of historic-ish strategy games, that covers PART of history.
I meant game, that begins in prehistory/bronze age and ends on present era or even bit into future, just like Civilization itself or ancient Empire Earth/Rise of Nations.
Also it would be in real time - just like paradox games.

• Sad
Reactions: Danni122112