IQD's

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
In-game username: IQD

Time-zone: -5 (EST)

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day? 4-5hrs each day after work, easily, most of the time. Doubled on weekends.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server? Make sure the server is fun for everyone, and keep things running as smoothly as possible. Apart from helping out on the server, moderators are expected to play the game as per any other player, while setting an exceptional role model for other players, and promoting the spirit of the server. Again, making sure everyone's enjoying themselves (not at the expense of others).

What sets you apart from other applicants? Considerable prior experience, and an unorthodox approach to working out problems and/or adding to the server, while remaining completely effective and keeping things perfectly enjoyable. I'm extremely adaptable and very friendly with just about anyone within reason. I also know a ridiculous amount about the server off the top of my head and can clear up confusion extremely quickly and concisely for anyone, and can diagnose most... oddities? off the top of my head if they're confusing to anyone and explain how to deal with them.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member? I do have a bit of a temper sometimes, though its nowhere near as much of a problem as it used to be. I can get somewhat overzealous in adding to the server, though at the applied rank (Moderator), it won't be a factor, since that's way outside my permissions. I can also be a bit arrogant at times but not to an alienating extent, it just sort of piles up a bit, mostly in the context of on-the-spot problem solving.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with? Depends on severity. If non-severe, I'd liken it to a similar scenario (plenty of them over the years) and see if there're any relevant parts to apply to this problem. If severe but within my power, I'd consult a controller+ about how to go about it, if they're available. If outside my power, ping controller+ to help with the solution and hope for the best. I know that things change, policies might not be the same as before, but are easily adapted to.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia/EscapeRestart servers do you have?
SMP Operator
BuildBox Operator
RoF Operator
RoF Veteran Operator
RoF Controller
RoF Head Controller

References: Ogarci, Refrigerated, Wimali

Last edited:

Kevin_28

Reaction score
Hi IQD,

+1

Sincerely,
Kevin_28

OK fine. Obligatory rationale: I've known you for quite some time. You are very active on the server. You are a solid leader with good social qualities that is conducive to the desired environment that we want in the server. You like to interact and help build with other players as well as take the time to make things interesting such as building makeshift roller coaster systems or do minigames such as endercrystal hunt. You're pretty creative in that regard. You also like to learn new things and you take initiative to implement the things you learn to progress the server, via updating maps, etc. You have a good head on your shoulders and I don't really see your temper often so I don't think it's that much of an issue.

Reactions: IQD

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I probably don't have authority to give a +1, or probably a reference really lol.

You've done all of this before and know exactly what to expect and what is expected. You're very active, you've calmed down on the aggressiveness considerably from what I've seen, and you know the server front and back. You have unique knowledge about the server that I certainly don't have and bring a lot to the table. You'd make a great staff member, again.

Best of luck!

Tamzies

Reaction score
I seriously don't know if I can vote on this clearly... due to my judgement being clouded by past feelings and annoyances.

Due to your skills and previous experiences you at least deserve another shot.

I hear you have changed a lot from the previous director time, so I hope I can get over my feelings and we can start over.

+1

• Love
Reactions: IQD and Mastersten

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
I’m not sure what to say here except for repeating Kevin and especially Ogarci’s words. You’re capable, knowledgeable and most of all (sporadicly?) dedicated. I think you deserve a trial, at the very least. +1.

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
In the past you have been a remarkable staff member. I'm also happy to see you have calmed down a bit, because every once in a while you got a little too aggressive. As of now you have been very helpful both in game and suggesting ways to improve the server. I am happy to give you a reference and an +1.