Invisibility

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
Name of your suggestion/idea: Invisibility Potion
What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea: To have temporary invisibility just like we have Swiftness, Regeneration, Night Vision, Health and Health II potions.
Why should it be implemented into the server: It would be helpful for CTF to go in and take the flag unseen, also helpful to take the Hill in KOTH, or just to surprise someone in regular TDM. It may also need to make your chest plate invisible also because that may be a bit of a giveaway ;).
For specs on what I had in mind:
Cost: 15 points
Length of invisibility: 15 seconds

Then if possible making an Invisibility II that would be:
Cost: 25 points
Length of invisibility: 20 seconds (It may not seem like much, but 5 seconds make a lot of difference!)

Terre936

Reaction score
The invis. potion would actually be a bit op in my opinion. Seeing that you can't even be seen at all, except for the tiny bubble particles that you can hardly see, you can easily walk to people, place tnt, and do whatever tactic you have to lure them into it. There can be some other changes, but that's just me ;)

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
The invis. potion would actually be a bit op in my opinion. Seeing that you can't even be seen at all, except for the tiny bubble particles that you can hardly see, you can easily walk to people, place tnt, and do whatever tactic you have to lure them into it. There can be some other changes, but that's just me ;)
I don't think it will be OP, that's why it costs more than you get from a kill, you wouldn't profit out of it. It would be mainly useful just to take flags and take hills. I don't think it would be overused because no potions really are, I mean, if you wanted to be nearly invincible for a whole round with regen and Health II potions you could, but you would lose hundreds of points from it, that's what makes it non OP.

Reactions: Duffie

Pikmon2

Reaction score
I'd say maybe 100 points would be more reasonable, since you could buy tons otherwise and just be invisible the whole time. I'd also say that once you get the flag it'd make you visible again.

• Agree
Reactions: Xfolo

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
I actually sort even though I couldn't see him. t of got the idea from someone being invisible to me, (some weird glitch I guess). But it was on Egypt KOTH, I actually did pretty well even though I couldn't see him. And it's not 'that' hard fighting someone you can't see, but I agree that you shouldn't be able to place weapons.

• Confusing
Reactions: RyanDodd

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
*goes invisible*

*goes behind unsuspecting player*

*places lightning for quick kill*

*player rage quits*

One less player for the server :(

I prefer more skill tactics than gimmicky. Strategic mine placement or tnt/knock back combos and such over, Har Har I has lots of points to be invis lol.

• Agree
Reactions: zezmi

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
*goes invisible*

*goes behind unsuspecting player*

*places lightning for quick kill*

*player rage quits*

One less player for the server :(

I prefer more skill tactics than gimmicky. Strategic mine placement or tnt/knock back combos and such over, Har Har I has lots of points to be invis lol.
That's a perfect example of why you wouldn't be able to place weapons during invisibility.

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
However, not being able to place weapons when invisible limits its uses to simple getting across the map which really is only particularly useful in CTF and maybe Payload.

That and those maps tend to have a lot of tnt/mines going around that being invisible wouldn't be quite helpful as your movement would be stiffled so much by random tnt.

Idk I am not entirely against it but I and not quite for it either :)

• Thank You
Reactions: zezmi