Insane damage (In PvP)

Rikumaru

Reaction score
Kinda a short thread, after testing damages out in PvP at least with nightcloak, you are able to deal 8 hearts to someone with just 1 ability (night slash). The ranged attack (esper blade) also deals around 5 hearts, which means you are able to basically 2 shot anyone you want. This doesn't seem like a very fun or fair PvP system where the winner of a fight is whom ever gets the first hit. I'm not too sure on how to go about fixing this though, maybe removing duel wielding on weapons and also removing / heavily nerfing %attribute scaling on the abilities would work.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Hearts are merely a percentile indication of your HP; your actual HP is indicated by a red number above your hearts.
If you're testing with players of drastically different levels from yourself, expect the lowest level players to simply get nuked while the highest level players are more or less invincible to anyone other than themselves.

Return of Arcadia (our current SMP) is a very much Action RPG type of SMP, similar to Legacies of Primoridia, only you don't have to be "trained" to be able to use items, and the ice mage class isn't ridiculously underpowered this time.

I guess to summarize, think of this SMP as a traditional MMO, but without the "waste your time" sidequests from WoW, and as more of a free-for-all.

Rikumaru

Reaction score
Hearts are merely a percentile indication of your HP; your actual HP is indicated by a red number above your hearts.
If you're testing with players of drastically different levels from yourself, expect the lowest level players to simply get nuked while the highest level players are more or less invincible to anyone other than themselves.

Return of Arcadia (our current SMP) is a very much Action RPG type of SMP, similar to Legacies of Primoridia, only you don't have to be "trained" to be able to use items, and the ice mage class isn't ridiculously underpowered this time.

I guess to summarize, think of this SMP as a traditional MMO, but without the "waste your time" sidequests from WoW, and as more of a free-for-all.
Oh I should have clarified, when I said hearts, I meant that as a percentage of HP. As for the people I tested with, one was slightly lower level and one was higher level than myself. Both pretty much yielded the same results, being able to 2 shot both of them.