Accepted Increase the Max Conversation Participants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I have noticed in the past few weeks that conversation limits have been a recurring issue that more and more parts of the forum have been needing to find workarounds for.

My simple suggestion is to increase the limit of six people(Including the creator) in a conversation to ten or so. Not a lot, but with a community that should be growing it would fit in nicely with the overhaul.

Currently, I have noticed examples in Mafia and the Roleplaying sections that people need to seek out others with permissions to increase the limit. That creates clutter and delays each full conversation. I'm sure there are other examples out there, as the PM limitations are a community-wide feature.

The downside I can think of for this is the possibility of spam posts and abuse, which is why I suggested ten people to a conversation. It's enough to go past the rather strict six people, but it's not too much of an increase to where it would cause problems, I imagine.

Having ten people would reduce the requests for individual larger conversations, and provide the users with more flexibility.

I'm expecting a debate on the number itself, honestly. I think that removing the limitations entirely opens the possibility of huge spam posts, so all I am asking for is a little more room for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.