Increase the drop rate of crops {Suggestion}

Reaction score
I went through a phase where my friends and I would make these giant houses on swallow and sometimes cheetah rounds, and fill them up them up with a bunch of different types of farms. Tons of people would join in helping us build farms and harvesting. We had netherwart, sugarcane, melons, pumpkins, wheat, carrots, potatoes, and even a fishing station. The only thing I found that I could actually grow was pumpkins, melons, sugarcane, and netherwart. The only thing worth growing was netherwart because the melons almost never dropped anything and sugarcane was too hard to set up. I think you should increase the drop rate of all the crops I mentioned above, or at least make them drop seeds more often so you can continue these farms.

With the new shulker chests coming soon in minecraft you could actually have room for all of these different types of crops that would be dropped if you did increase the chance of crops dropping, I understand why that restriction is on crops that are already grown on the maps at the start, but why make make it for human made crops too?

When a few friends and I set up these houses we were all grouped up with the community, farming these crops, having a good time. It was a beautiful sight seeing all these different types of farms people were setting up and I took a few screenshots of these which i will post when their farms were in their prime states. Sadly, only 3 of these farms worked out because of the high chance of it not dropping anything, and only the netherwart was worth growing. I would like to see these community houses be put up again, but this time with other farms being able to work as well as melons, sugarcane, and netherwart.

Reminder: These "farm houses" would probably only be on made on swallow on times when certain people are one, which is very rare, so it's not like rof would turn into "Rituals of Farming" #Sofunny) I personally don't want this game to turn into a farming game, but big community homes like these would be so fun to have every now and then.

Screenshots:

• Disagree
Reactions: Velzerat

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I personally disagree. The reason why we have this in place is because of the fact that people can easily abuse them in rounds such as Cheetah and Swallow, where the speed of crops growing is extremely noticeable because of the tick rate. Therefore, this is mostly actually used for money making; not for using these crops for eating or used in recipes.

This is further evidenced by the fact that the only farm that people really make is Netherwart; because its a easy way to make cookies because of the fact that the tick rate works so well with Netherwart and that with high tick rate speed rounds; it literally takes a couple of seconds/minutes for a full stack.

You even say yourself that these farms would only be in Cheetah/Swallow:
Reminder: These "farm houses" would probably only be on made on swallow on times when certain people are one, which is very rare, so it's not like rof would turn into "Rituals of Farming" #Sofunny) I personally don't want this game to turn into a farming game, but big community homes like these would be so fun to have every now and then.
And:

Sadly, only 3 of these farms worked out because of the high chance of it not dropping anything, and only the netherwart was worth growing.
I personally believe that it's already bad enough that people are farming on exclusively on Cheetah/Swallow. The reason why this is there is to balance out the speed of the map with crop growing and to make it less abusive. Also, the certain people who do make these farms are the people who want to make money quickly and easily. You yourself say that netherwart was the only crop worth growing. This is because of money; not because you will need a lot of netherwarts for a certain recipe like a potion or a block but to make quick money. That's the reason why people mostly farm, to make money or to increase their food supplies. Netherwart was lowered from 0.2 to 0.1 cookies each for this reason; because it was TOO EASY to make money using netherwart.

Also:

With the new shulker chests coming soon in minecraft you could actually have room for all of these different types of crops that would be dropped if you did increase the chance of crops dropping, I understand why that restriction is on crops that are already grown on the maps at the start, but why make make it for human made crops too?
Firstly, I would love to see how Shulker Chests will be implemented into RoF. It was a much needed change and you are right about how you can finally have room to store more items that you want to keep such as cobblestone, crops or special items/potions. This would actually work quite well with the White Vial, where you can store your potions without it taking loads of room where you could simply not use potions and have more space since you will not be using potions all of the time. Increasing the chance of crops dropping would be changing nothing since growing crops is for money and Shulker Chests are for people like me who love to horde.

Secondly, the reason why that restriction is there is because of the fact that when you finally get a crop item that you want; you are free to grow that item as much as possible, even with the speed of the high tick rate rounds. Therefore, this becomes REALLY easy for anyone to start making lots of money and therefore in my opinion making the problem that we had before where people who are dedicated enough to farm to have millions of cookies and increasing a wage gap. The reason why we had this update was to remove that wage gap and to make you actually WORK for cookies instead of waiting for a couple of minutes and have tons of money. Which is what farming does and what the old update did by you IM'ing and AFK'ing for 25 minutes and making lots of money.

Cookies are both used for ranks and buying items, and changing this around to make it easier to make money has a domino effect of making ranks too easy to acquire and also giving easier access for players to access OP items such as OP potions in the White Vial.

All of the viable money making methods such as Mob Grinding, Obby farming, even fishing requires effort but farming and more specifically Netherwart does not.

There is probably more reasons that I cannot think of, but others may do.

I personally don't want this game to turn into a farming game, but big community homes like these would be so fun to have every now and then.
I personally like how you are trying to encourage community homes but by removing or increasing the drop rate; is the wrong way around fixing your problem. If you ask people to build a huge house or even ask a staff member to do a poll to give blocks for making community houses; like we did before with I think IQD or another staff member to improve the community spirit. But by increasing the drop rate; this would potentially ruin the perfect balance that we currently have.

tl;dr: Removing or increasing the drop rate will make it too easy for people to make money and therefore make it too easy for people to access OP items and ranks. Also, would cause players to farm too much.

Reaction score
Now that I see all the facts I agree with what you're saying, people would abuse this and make so much money in a round, and i think there might be a solution. Do two things, first make it so that only the at least one seed drops when the lava god destroys them as to be able to replant them even if you don't get the crop from it, and second lower the prices of selling these crops in the shop to make it less profitable and more for fun. Maybe even making netherwart lower so if people did make these giant farm houses you would have to farm everything, not just netherwart for "free" money. I think these two changes would significantly lower the profit you make from these farms, and maybe balance out some issues. If netherwart gets even more nerfed that would leave room for farming other crops, making netherwart not the only thing that you farm. The reason why I'm arguing so hard for this is because I remember having so much fun doing these community houses with farming and fishing, and I want a motive for people to work together making these houses again.

Also: More people that work together = more work money

Last edited:

Reaction score
I think that's a good option if they don't agree with the two ideas I posted above. Mabye they could also take away cooked potatoes and bread from the shop to make it totally non-profitable. Sadly though if they did that I don't think as many people would be inclined to build these big community houses I was talking about if they don't make at least I little bit of profit.