Inconsistent Advertising

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Aside from the nice graphic design work, I've noticed some inconsistencies when it comes to advertising the Community's server content on social media and other forums.

The first one is about /r/mcservers and how often EscRes' MC servers can be promoted on there - which is every 7 days. The last two times that Hex posted on there was when I had to remind him that he could post on it.

Facebook
The latest post was made on Sept 16th. Between that date and now, there have been four events created and promoted in the forums, minus the other Community meeting on Sept 30th. Don't Starve and Epicmafia could have probably been promoted to get more players to be interested in it, but the other two events - RoF's 5th Lavaversary & LMS and the SMP event should have been posted immediately. I mean, FIVE YEARS of ROF and it's not even promoted on the other social media accounts?!?

Twitter
Same as Facebook, but the last manual post was on Aug 26th (I believe the latest Youtube videos were automatically posted?). The lack of RoF's 5th Anniversary post as well.

That's all I've noticed. I don't know what else the Advertising team are doing, but I'm hoping that something can be done about the lack of promoting events through social media (minus the spam emails that we got).

Five years of RoF.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
This is a pretty big thing that is easily fixed, it's literally only LOST opportunity.

Is there anyway to bot this out? Like just make one thing somewhere, and a thing posts it everywhere for us? Reddit bot that autoposts? The reddit post seems like its the same thing every week, how difficult is it to copy/paste it?

This is also one of the main components of CDEs and if they'll be successful or not. The whole point is to allow someone to create an event and we use our social platform (all of the above in Psy's post) to let other people know "Hey we have this cool thing one of our awesome players made, come play it. If you like it, stick around because we do shit like this all the time and if you have the knowledge or ideas, YOU CAN TOO!"

Reactions: Fragile

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
First of all, I'd like to apologize about the inconsistencies myself. I've had a few things come up in real life that were actually 100% completely unexpected, which threw my whole program of the team - and my plans wayyyy off course. I had a lot of responsibilities show up that I had to take care of, which I wasn't exactly expecting having to handle - so I am deeply sorry about that. I'd also like to thank you for reminding me some days to post to /r/mcservers when I would forget.

Anyways, after discussing with fellow admins / controllers about this thread, and the state of whats going on - I've decided my initial plan of how social media would be ran (me overseeing most of it and just having others periodically update it) isn't going to work. I have to focus on other things in the community, and letting others just update when they feel like it created a very disorganized situation (which was completely my fault since I got sidetracked). I'm starting to reform Social Media & how its ran, specifically I'm creating roles for specific users and they will handle their respective site.

Hopefully, this will increase our social media usage, and will also make it more consistent. I'm also planning on revamping all of our graphics on them, and will hopefully have new headers and custom thumbnails for Facebook soon - which will be nice.

Is there anyway to bot this out? Like just make one thing somewhere, and a thing posts it everywhere for us? Reddit bot that autoposts? The reddit post seems like its the same thing every week, how difficult is it to copy/paste it?
I've looked around before because I wanted to do this, but I couldn't find anything on it. I'm probably blind, or wasn't looking 100% for what I needed, so if you can find anything on it - please let me know. Also, it wasn't really difficult to post, and that wasn't my excuse for not posting. It was more of me trying to depend just on myself to post it and not others, and then forgetting when other things came up.

Anyways, expect some changes in the next week, especially regarding social media. Thank you for posting this thread, and im aware me being busy with IRL doesn't excuse 100% of my actions. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to PM me :bounce:

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
I've looked around before because I wanted to do this, but I couldn't find anything on it. I'm probably blind, or wasn't looking 100% for what I needed, so if you can find anything on it - please let me know. Also, it wasn't really difficult to post, and that wasn't my excuse for not posting. It was more of me trying to depend just on myself to post it and not others, and then forgetting when other things came up.

Such a shame this isnt free but this lets you schedule posts over a bunch of social media platforms and track how well they're doing an' shit.

But yeah, £16 a month unfortunately. Could trial run it for a month? Does do a free trial.

https://hootsuite.com/

Reactions: Hex