Important Announcement about Avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

san00b

No.1 Admin & Founder
Reaction score
Due to drastically exceeding our bandwidth this month, we will no longer be allowing avatars to be uploaded to our forums. That was an oversight on our part, and should have never been enabled to begin with.

Come this Friday, all avatars hosted on our website will be deleted. Anyone interested in keeping their avatar should upload it somewhere else.

Once avatars are deleted, there will be no way to retrieve them.

Once again, you have until Friday.

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
uh, this is due to an oversight in the forum software. Telling the software usergroup cannot upload avatars = no access to avatar page. Also, there is no link possibility. Just upload or gravatar. We are looking into it.

Meanwhile, we are enabling access to avatar section again, in case people want to switch over to gravatar. (the only option available right now.) Upload limit for avatars will be set at 1 byte.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
uh, this is due to an oversight in the forum software. Telling the software usergroup cannot upload avatars = no access to avatar page. Also, there is no link possibility. Just upload or gravatar. We are looking into it.

Meanwhile, we are enabling access to avatar section again, in case people want to switch over to gravatar. (the only option available right now.) Upload limit for avatars will be set at 1 byte.
Not quite true.

Telling software to *never* be able to upload avatar = no permission to see page.

Telling software to *not* be able to upload avatar = permission to see Gravatar chooser still ;)

Doesnt make the fact, that xenforo doesnt support url-avatars any better though!

Brando212

Reaction score
odd, I wouldn't think avatars would cause all that much bandwidth, I guess it adds up though with everyone viewing the forums

too bad gravitar doesn't support animated avatars (though i wasn't able to get my avatar working right on here anyway)

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
I didn't think this would affect us...

So once they are removed, will they ever be back? Or is it a permanent decision? And the avatars added a lot of feel to the forums, and it made the forum software shine even more. (Became sort of like FaceBook and Twitter)

I'm sure there is an addon somewhere. Will have to look into it.
I hope there is.

Bye Bye Avatars I hope we see each other again,
Gameprochampion

lolpierandom

Reaction score
I didn't think this would affect us...

So once they are removed, will they ever be back? Or is it a permanent decision? And the avatars added a lot of feel to the forums, and it made the forum software shine even more. (Became sort of like FaceBook and Twitter)

I hope there is.

Bye Bye Avatars I hope we see each other again,
Gameprochampion
You have to host your avatar somewhere else, as in...

http://en.gravatar.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.