Status
Not open for further replies.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Oh and what about neutral "Useless" rating too?
The rating "Useless" would come across as offensive, even if it was not intended to be offensive. I mean, what if you suggest an update for a server, or you make a post and you get 4 "Useless" posts, It'd make you wonder why your post is Useless.

I however would like a Sad rating as a neutral rating, like Optimistic, It could be used on Goodbye threads and whatnot.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Post ratings aren't about how you feel, but what the actual content is like, as the name implies: How you rate it.

E.g. "Funny", "Winner", etc. is a rating of content, not how you feel.

So a sad rating might not be the proper one, as e.g. farewell posts aren't necessarily sad in content (most are uplifting, inspiring and goodmooded), but make the people reading it feel sad.

If you give me a name that does not imply a feeling, but captures the sad emotional aspect of the content of a post, let me know and I'll consider adding it.

But we will not add a simple 'Sad' as it defies the idea of post ratings.

Of course, the Dislike rating is also quite useless by those means, and should be changed as well ;)

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
And/or Pessimistic with a lightning bolt icon to correspond with the Optimistic rating when the post has negative content, but is not as extreme as to call for a dislike or disagree.
If your going to note Pessimistic...
I've kind of been thinking for some time now that a Skeptical rating could be nice and/or helpful, since there really are no "uncertain" ratings. (And it can also correspond to that Optimistic rating!)
(Or at least something that's not "sad;" doesn't seem that really important to garner a rating to me)

• Sad
Reactions: Vatowski
D

DarkHender

I do like this idea, it seems sort of useless sometimes.. But it does seem nice to use on a thread of a friend/staff member leaving or resigning.

Status
Not open for further replies.