Ideas.

D0mac

Sneaky Beaver Purple guy= SBP guy
Reaction score
Got any ideas for the development of Primus? heres your place to post.

Want to build a city somewhere? Suggest it here. Think Primus should do something differently? Suggest it here.

This thread is for all ideas to do with Primus.

Asel_M

Reaction score
Well, I think that we should develop a town just around the portal from spawn. This would be to help the new members get established. We could also have a zone where players could make a shelter/base/house and survive. Well that's just my idea and we would have to get a lot of resources.

Name

Distinguished
Donor
Reaction score
well my idea is to expand in the area which soulsoda was originally going to build in. Also, if we set up a capital city there, we could have a train station near to the center which the minecart tracks could reach to where the portal is.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
@Asel_M, @Name The capital city (Suggest a name? 'Primus Central'/'Prime'??) should encompass the portal around spawn and also the area where Soul started, so pretty much all the cleared green land currently.

I assume the train station would be underground? If so we could probably put it under the town hall (currently just the outer brick wall is built). That way we could problaby link it to the islands and even quite close to our land next to spawn.

Name

Distinguished
Donor
Reaction score
@Asel_M, @Name The capital city (Suggest a name? 'Primus Central'/'Prime'??) should encompass the portal around spawn and also the area where Soul started, so pretty much all the cleared green land currently.

I assume the train station would be underground? If so we could probably put it under the town hall (currently just the outer brick wall is built). That way we could problaby link it to the islands and even quite close to our land next to spawn.
My ideas would be that the trainstation would be overground however the rest of it would be underground.

Also, would the town name be "Prime Urbem" or "Primus Urbs"? (Urbem is city in latin and Urbs is town in latin)

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Ka-bump.

I was thinking maybe a seaport between Dagon and Primus, just to be friendly since, according to the wiki, they're our only allies.

It'd be a great way to use some of the sandstone and cobblestone we've saved up. Given that the crafters in Primus have probably gotten too much fish from Forage, could be a themed way of getting rid of some of it (ie shipping it to Dagon). I've already talked to Thalassa and BrickWolf, they said they'd pass the idea on to @Shande. So, if Listings greenlights this and Shande greenlights it on the Dagon half, we could start making that.

I've made a small incomplete building outside Primus in the desert, that'll probably be scrapped in favor of a building just outside the wall on the Dagon half instead of the one facing the desert.

Reactions: Knight365

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
Oh?...

To be honest, I have been thinking about this before that was mentioned. Just never really brought it up. Will just need to see what Listings says about this then :p

Reactions: Knight365

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
I'm totally for this, and pretty much anything as long as it looks good. I've always got plans to make a docks on the patch of land just outside spawn and turn it into a docks. So yeah we'd need one outside or near the capital too, if it links with Dagon all the better.

Not sure how close to the walls you're meaning, as long as it doesn't compromise our security.

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Originally adjacent, but given that Aeres are now confirmed enemies and Gaia's been established as neutral instead of allied, it'll be a decent distance away so it doesn't mesh with the wall.

Trapiki

Reaction score
Perhaps some halls for each of the classes? Tips and tricks could be posted on the walls and spare materials useful to the particular class could be left there. Could be abused though, but it's an idea.

Also, a decent library, we call ourselves civilised? :D

Trapiki

Reaction score
We have a library, its very small and.. next to the trash can but its still a library! I go there sometimes to ease my mind from the outside hell of Primordia
It's a delightful little structure, it's right next door to my house. But in my opinion Orken's Library should be something a bit more grand, just like the rest of the city!

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, i'm planning on expanding it at the moment, right now i've got to establish my personal room above it, but once that's done, i'll work on a giant underground archive :D

edit: I won't be able to finish it until Primordia 1.0.0 is out, since my backup bin folder got corrupted :p

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Promicia.

(Pronounced Prom-ee-she-ah)