I came back for new SMP, don't disappoint me please.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Hi guys, I was checking on forums once per month.
So I noticed, that you are making new SMP.

Lets say Arcadia was drowned by Aquatic Update.
So much new stuff to play with since that update ;)

Crossbows, trident powered flight, grindstone block which recovers bit of XP from enchanted stuff, NEW NETHER :D
Also you can try to get villager, that sells Mending books.
By the way forum is dead.

As for forums I'm not going to update staff roster or whatever I had here - I'll be simply playing on SMP.

Last edited:

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Hex it was fun playing on this server, but my internet hates it, and almost no one is playing on it.
Grinding stuff isn't as fun when no one else grinds.
I dominated server too easily when it comes to PvE lol.

So much for "simple" SMP.
I think it would be more popular if it had standard clan, griefing, pvp and raiding rules and settings.
See you all on next SMP.

- Your first and last player to reach Omniscient rank on SMP.

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
Hex it was fun playing on this server, but my internet hates it, and almost no one is playing on it.

I think it would be more popular if it had standard clan, griefing, pvp and raiding rules and settings.
See you all on next SMP.

Seeing as you have so many ideas Raxo, maybe you can make the next one? ?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme and Hex

_ChoasLego_

Rabbit
Donor
Reaction score

See you all on next SMP.

Thanks for playing, your input has really helped us improve a lot of the features. Let's be clear though, although you're not the only active person who plays on this server nowadays, you're certainly not the last.

As snowma said, why not be constructive and help create the new SMP? Complaining isn't going to accomplish too much.

Good luck for whatever you do in the future.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme and Hex

Naterger

Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
almost no one is playing on it.
I think part of that is a timezone issue, you were basically always online when i "should" have been asleep, but player activity is definitely on a downwards trend. Grinding stuff lead to me quitting for a week or two. It got very repetitive & was honestly only tolerable because other people were doing the same & to be fair you also got such a lead on grinding everything it was next to impossible to keep up.
I agree that the server was too easy for PVE & PVP never took off- but comparing the server to singleplayer though, you kinda dominate singleplayer after you get a food source & a diamond sword. So at the very least, it has a leg up for that. The building is what brought me back, maybe you should have started a town or a clan or something yourself? You should just take couple weeks/month off and come back refreshed, if not lemme have som free stuff pl0x

See you all on next SMP.
I also agree with this. Mainstream popularity would have increased, but with that would come the headache of kids griefing and hacking constantly, so it's sort of a trade-off. Clans would have boiled down to like 2 main ones and the odd man out. Still might have been a nice addition. Simple smp definitely has its limitations but it also has its fair share of ups. It'll be a shame to see you go either way.

just gimmie like another week or two and i'll join the ranks of omnisicient

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
@Hex it was fun playing on this server, but my internet hates it, and almost no one is playing on it.
First, thanks for playing! I'm glad you enjoyed it enough to play it almost constantly (which is probably one of the main reasons you dominated the server so much). You helped out a lot with the actual development and updates toward the server with your feedback, and I appreciate that a lot as the only way I can put out better servers is hearing what you guys have to say.

See you all on next SMP.
I feel like people still severely misunderstand the name and take it too much at face value. I should have honestly just went with a different name, but oh well. I didn't want this to be your run of the mill server by any means, but what I also wasn't wanting was a 40 page lorebook tied into the SMP, with set factions, a storyline, hundreds of quests, dungeons, etc. While there is no problem with servers like this, and its obvious many enjoy that aspect of SMP also - I wanted to bring a different type of SMP around, one reason being I'm testing the waters with things. I never intended this to be a cutthroat vanilla experience, and I never advertised it as such really. I have always said its semi-vanilla.

I think I can say with confidence you won't be the last one to reach this rank, as there are people who play almost daily still (and ones who have reached it already). The server may not be at a population of 25-30 as it was at the start, but there are still dedicated players working on projects.

I will end this off by saying that this was ultimately my first SMP I've ever worked on. I have never as staff consistently worked on any survival type server, and quite honestly I didn't expect SimpleSMP to be something that will be around forever (nor will it be honestly). I came into this knowing that as long as I can put out a server that players enjoy at the very least, I can get feedback, you guys will be content, and I can come back even stronger after gathering everything I learned from SimpleSMP. I want to make an SMP that sticks around for a looong time, but I need some expereince before I can delve into that.

SimpleSMP has been a great run, and it continues to provide me with lessons and feedback that I intend to apply to our next SMP server.