Declined Hunter's Subforum Mod Application

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Subforum(s) you wish to moderate: Off-Topic, Roleplay, Mafia, General Minecraft [if that even needs moderating]
Time-zone/Country of origin: GMT-5, United States of America

Question - You see user and long-time administrator, Malcovent abusing his Admin powers by berating a user and insulting him publicly, how do you proceed?:
If this was through a post in a thread within a subforum I moderate, I'd hide the post through temporary deletion and shoot him a steam message inquiring [in a humble tone] whether such harsh words were necessary. Another would be sent to Superstein, asking the same. The post would likely either be left hidden after short discussion or edited by one of the staff to make his intended point free of unnecessary insult.

Question - An argument breaks out in a thread, both sides have some valid points but ultimately it is derailing the thread and starting a flamewar, how do you proceed?:
Well, depending on how amicable it is, the posts may be hidden through temporary deletion and the users asked to make their own thread and post there. If it's particularly rowdy, warns may be given. An alternative to having them make their own thread (since they're making valid points, as said in the question, and could produce good discussion) would be selecting the relevant posts and moving them to their own thread. Making valid points doesn't always merit a potential flame debate, though, so not every argument would get its own thread. Case-by-case basis.

Question - A user publicly contests with your decision as a moderator, with a public post disagreeing about your decision regarding a moderator action, how do you proceed?
First, I'd read the post. If it's inciting bad argument or unpleasant discussion, the thread gets hidden/locked. However, these types of things are often a symptom of multiple people's displeasure over a decision, and hiding a thread without contacting the poster may not end well. If the thread is somehow reasonably put with no inherent flaminess, the issue could be discussed with input from posters, hopefully resulting in a mutual understanding. Perhaps there's a better course of action I'd overlooked, or problems inadvertently caused?

Mock question - GmK is drunk and threatening to delete the forums, tell him your favorite joke so as to distract him:

Last edited: