Declined Hunter's Application

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Subforum(s) you wish to moderate: everything, even profiles
Time-zone/Country of origin: EST (GMT-5) / USA
Staff References: Enderfive Aqua Jivvi

Question - You see user and long-time administrator, Nillbugwtw abusing his Admin powers by berating a user and insulting him publicly, how do you proceed?:
Honestly the first thing I'd do is hide the thread/post/comment from public view before it becomes the next Let's Talk. Hit them up on discord to let 'em vent, and come up with a community-friendly course of action.

Question - An argument breaks out in a thread, both sides have some valid points but ultimately it is derailing the thread and starting a flamewar, how do you proceed?:
Remove the clearly flaming posts, leave the others alone. Attempt to gently steer the thread back on topic with a reminder not to derail. If the argument continues to derail the thread, lock it with a mod post briefly explaining the reason why.

Question - A user publicly contests with your decision as a moderator, with a public post disagreeing about your decision regarding a moderator action, how do you proceed?
Check their join date and IP. If they're a new user they might be an alt of a banned one.
If they're not an alt, determine whether it's a shitpost. If yes, hide it after getting a second opinion. If it's a legitimate complaint, leave the post, and respond in a respectful manner if it warrants attention.

Mock question - tnmjimbob is drunk and threatening to delete the forums, tell him your favorite joke so as to distract him: heh

Last edited:

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So I guess that since the applicants are required to get references now for forum positions as well, that means we can give our opinions and the symbolic vote?

Anyway, the reason I referenced Hunter is because I know he can keep a level head, make decisions based on the context and needs of the particular situation and is generally a chill guy. He's active on the forums and if he isn't, I'll keep him posted anyway. All in all, if we need a forum mod, I think he's a pretty good choice out of the available options.

+1 from me, if that's a thing on forum mod apps.

• Thank You
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Aqua and Hunter

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
Hey Hunter thanks for applying.
Personally, I don't think you are ready for global forum mod yet. That said, I haven't seen anything in the past 3 months that would make me recommend to the CA's that you shouldn't get the rank. I do think that you could moderate some sub-forums and eventually you might get global after you show yourself ready. The only thing really holding me back on giving you a +1 or leaning toward it, is that I am concerned about maturity. (Just due to a track record over the past year.)

So right now, I will give the recommendation to the CA's of a solid 0. While I don't think you're ready for global forum mod. I can't give a good reason why you shouldn't be given at least the chance to moderate a sub-forum or two. (I will be watching and may change my recommendation accordingly.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Question - A user publicly contests with your decision as a moderator, with a public post disagreeing about your decision regarding a moderator action, how do you proceed?
Check their join date. If they're a new user they're probably an alt of a banned one.
Just a fyi, very rarely are new users alts of banned accounts. So I wouldn't recomend to go off a joined date to assume that they are an alt. We have tools in place to determine if an account is an alt or not. 99 times out of 100 they are not.

• Informative
Reactions: JtTorso

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Apologies for the late response. I only just figured out server admins were encouraged to vote on these.

I personally don't have a strong opinion either way but I think you have the potential to be a good forum moderator. I know you've had issues with immaturity in the past but that's in the past and I think you've calmed a lot since then and seem to understand to a greater degree what is suitable content for the forums. I can definitely see you taking this position seriously and doing a good job. You're also extremely active on the forums, and I think having such an active forum moderator is something the community needs. I see no reason why not to at least give you the rank, see how you do and go from there.

+1 from me. If a Forum Moderator Trial is a thing, I'm rooting for that.

• Thank You
  • Agree
Reactions: Hunter and Aqua

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Hi. Sorry for the late reply, but we were just reviewing your activity and how often you used the report function. After taking that into account and seeing how often the forums actually need moderating, we've decided to deny this application. Thank you for your interest in applying for staff.

• Thank You
  • Winner
Reactions: Haysagar and Jivvi