Hunter Portals

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
This may be OP, but what if there was a way for Hunters to teleport to another Hunter that requests help during a round. This would probably require Orbs if both Hunters use it so that it wouldn't be abused.

Maybe 100 orbs for initial "Portal" then 50 orbs to use it.
Maybe it can be for Survivors as well.

Reactions: Deleted member 4601

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Going to be quite a bit of planning and work to add something like this but it has a lot of potentional.
Can help against very strong human camp spots and is fun to get more hunters involved that else might roam around mindlessly.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
The issue about using orbs, as has previously been mentioned, is that there are many players with so many orbs they don't know what to do with them, and I feel like these players would abuse this. However, I do like the idea of a compass, and it turns out its really easy to do. Either I can:
  1. Point to the direction a player requests help from
  2. Constantly point to the nearest survivor.

Reactions: Iggish

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
The issue about using orbs, as has previously been mentioned, is that there are many players with so many orbs they don't know what to do with them, and I feel like these players would abuse this. However, I do like the idea of a compass, and it turns out its really easy to do. Either I can:
  1. Point to the direction a player requests help from
  2. Constantly point to the nearest survivor.
This is why a reset of orbs and ranks is required as it is shutting down any ideas that have potential because players have an overabundance of orbs due to a bug.

I do however think the compass would be a better solution, as I can see people complaining a lot in the future if something like team-teleports were added in; though I disagree with it constantly pointing to the nearest survivor as it would abolish the ability to hide if you're not good at pvp, I think it should be a more /help directed compass.

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
Yeah maybe you can choose what player you want to find or something like that. Survivors should have this too to find other survivors. Maybe it could have a one use time per round, and when you die you loose the compass.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Yeah maybe you can choose what player you want to find or something like that. Survivors should have this too to find other survivors. Maybe it could have a one use time per round, and when you die you loose the compass.
I think that could lead to people either accidentally leading hunters to you or ruining your spot if you found one that nobody knew, it'd be better off as as a compass strictly used for /help as the co-ords when pressing F3 aren't exactly clear and it would just make things more user-friendly.

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
Another idea is to still have the compass but it could be for other utilities. I'm not sure if its possible to program but if comp could program the compass to say hot or cold depending on how near you are to your target would be cool. Maybe it could say block distance to target without giving out to much info on targets location. The solution should stick around that theme without giving out too much on the location of the target

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I have an idea: let hunters have a sort of rallying horn or something that basically gives them the glowing effect for a little while.
This will give a massive beacon to other hunters, potentially leading them to a camp full of survivors.
That said, the survivors could also probably see this same beacon, giving them fair warning of a massive assault.

going further, we could also give this same ability to the survivors, which could be used sort of as a flare or distraction:
one person can go run out all glowy-like and get all the hunters to chase them while the other survivors get away.
of course, doing this is virtually suicide for the glowy person, so there's what'll keep people from trying to abuse it.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
I have an idea: let hunters have a sort of rallying horn or something that basically gives them the glowing effect for a little while.
This will give a massive beacon to other hunters, potentially leading them to a camp full of survivors.
That said, the survivors could also probably see this same beacon, giving them fair warning of a massive assault.

going further, we could also give this same ability to the survivors, which could be used sort of as a flare or distraction:
one person can go run out all glowy-like and get all the hunters to chase them while the other survivors get away.
of course, doing this is virtually suicide for the glowy person, so there's what'll keep people from trying to abuse it.
I would really like it to make use of more glowing. Hunters glowing up when they /h to rally all the other zombies or maybe make it an item that has to be bought. I also like spectral arrows and we should use more of those in hunter kits because it makes all the zombies can jump on a target then. We can't really sell spectral arrows simply because people can get unlimited ammo then (unless there is a separata zombie shop) but an item that gives all arrows the glowing effects could work.
For humans I think this feature would be too weird to have.

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
Yeah, being able to buy an item that makes you glow at free will would be pretty cool. This would really help against groups of survivors and its not too over powered as it only shows where other hunters are. It would also make a cool new use of the spectral arrows. Plus its not to op and its not too repetitive so the experienced players with many orbs shouldn't be much of a problem.