Hunger being disabled before round start

Airkid

Reaction score
I, with a few other AoD players think it would be a good idea if hunger is disabled before the round starts. With the new hunger of 1.7 being here, your hunger bars get drained quickly and before you know it, you've got just a few hearts left with no food before the round even starts.

The time before the round starts should be the the time to collect armour, swords and food, but if a map doesn't sufficient food to satisfy all of the players, the survivors will get killed easily due to having no regen.
Thanks for your time,
Airkid

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I, with a few other AoD players think it would be a good idea if hunger is disabled before the round starts. With the new hunger of 1.7 being here, your hunger bars get drained quickly and before you know it, you've got just a few hearts left with no food before the round even starts.

The time before the round starts should be the the time to collect armour, swords and food, but if a map doesn't sufficient food to satisfy all of the players, the survivors will get killed easily due to having no regen.
Thanks for your time,
Airkid

I support the idea. This can easily be resolved by having Saturation placed onto the player when entering spawn at the end of the round, and it shouldn't be a problem as effects are removed when a kit is added to a player when a map is selected.

Quite a few maps are lacking food, and the kits aswell which end up causing the survivors to rage.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score

Thanks for your time,
Airkid
Just to clarify you are talking about the time when you are waiting in the lobby or are you talking about the time you are waiting In the lobby and the build time before every round?

Airkid

Reaction score

Thanks for your time,
Airkid
Just to clarify you are talking about the time when you are waiting in the lobby or are you talking about the time you are waiting In the lobby and the build time before every round?
During the build time before every round, sorry for the confusion

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score

Thanks for your time,
Airkid
Ok so I believe we cant actually do this very easily. There is a way we could fix it however and that's by simply adding more food to the maps. If you can give me a list of maps that desperately need more food on the map, they will be the first on my list to get to but for now I will just start going through every map tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: Shanebat1

Airkid

Reaction score
Ok so I believe we cant actually do this very easily. There is a way we could fix it however and that's by simply adding more food to the maps. If you can give me a list of maps that desperately need more food on the map, they will be the first on my list to get to but for now I will just start going through every map tonight.
I was told by Mmarz11 that it wouldn't be too hard to disable it since he's been learning a bit of coding lately. The main point of the suggestion was just to make it easier without having to add food to maps which need it and for future maps too. Either way, here are the maps which I see people struggling with food (so far):
Pripyat
Mansion
UndergroundForest
WesternNightmare
Organic
If anyone else knows maps that need food, feel free to post on this thread!

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Currently looking through maps if they have a shortage of food, will edit this post when I find more.

Organic only needs editing by adding food in kits, I see that there are a few chests in the map with food but that's only in 1 area.

Academy also only needs a bit more food in kits or another source of food, perhaps food in some kits in the library, underground part and the building with a sheep farm.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Organic, UndergroundForest and Western Nightmare have been updated to have more food in the maps, enjoy!

Reactions: RyanDodd