Huh... What's that behind those trees?

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Night will never be the same anymore.

While you are walking through a dark forest, you hear some rustle.
You look around...
You see a man without a face, and slowly you start feeling worse.
You decide to run away, but still you can hear feetsteps like a drum.
This man keeps coming back, like it is stalking you.

Be warned, the slenderman has come to our server.
Only at night, and every so often an enderman with slenderman behavoir will come after you.
You recognize a slenderman by the drums, and horrifying sounds if you come to close.
You die if you come to close, or even look too long at him.

May the server have mercy on your soul at night.

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
Night will never be the same anymore.

While you are walking through a dark forest, you hear some rustle.
You look around...
You see a man without a face, and slowly you start feeling worse.
You decide to run away, but still you can hear feetsteps like a drum.
This man keeps coming back, like it is stalking you.

Be warned, the slenderman has come to our server.
Only at night, and every so often an enderman with slenderman behavoir will come after you.
You recognize a slenderman by the drums, and horrifying sounds if you come to close.
You die if you come to close, or even look too long at him.

May the server have mercy on your soul at night.
Marnixxie. I don't go on SMP much, but I already have an opinion. WHYYYYYYY?!

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
So, as much as I like the concept, I think you need to lower the debuff duration from 4 minutes. Being sent to spawn is annoying, especially living near the border, but the game being unplayable for 4 minutes is just bad. Also, consider lowing the chance of him happening if you can, he seems to work very quickly (got me a second time before I even left spawn, while my debuffs had 3:30 left). I also think it'll have a negative effect on raiding as rose said. Sneaking up behind LOLSPAWNEATIT will suck a lot of fun out of it, I bet.

Reactions: Iguana

Vatowski

Reaction score
So, as much as I like the concept, I think you need to lower the debuff duration from 4 minutes. Being sent to spawn is annoying, especially living near the border, but the game being unplayable for 4 minutes is just bad. Also, consider lowing the chance of him happening if you can, he seems to work very quickly (got me a second time before I even left spawn, while my debuffs had 3:30 left). I also think it'll have a negative effect on raiding as rose said. Sneaking up behind LOLSPAWNEATIT will suck a lot of fun out of it, I bet.

What does it do exactly, is it a beefed enderman that gives you a weakness or wither effect? Can't we simply drink milk. And what is the thing about Bieng set back to spawn

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Don't worry too much about the occurence of the slenderman.
It happened quite commonly, just because I was testing out things.
It is now a far lot rarer, and if you are "lucky", you get one at the night.
If I say it right, and maybe I am wrong, the slenderman actually kills you.
You don't get killed, it just sends you to the spawn!

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
Don't worry too much about the occurence of the slenderman.
It happened quite commonly, just because I was testing out things.
It is now a far lot rarer, and if you are "lucky", you get one at the night.
If I say it right, and maybe I am wrong, the slenderman actually kills you.
Oh god, I fell out of my chair when it happened. It better be MUCH more rare... ;n;

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
1. It doesn't kill you. You get teleported to spawn, with all your stuff and 2 debuffs.
2. The debuffs are nausea and slowness (both level 2 I think?), both last 4 minutes. It makes it very hard to see things and you walk super slow.
3. Yes, milk cures it. Who carries milk with them, especially since cave spiders don't even poison?
4. Corners and light don't really help. Although it's an enderman with different ai, it will still get you in areas that are only 2 blocks tall, and will show up in the space you occupy if it needs to. It's also picked me off a stair well and midway up an open ladder. If you hear it, the only way out is to get out of it's reach. Apparently beds are good for being out of it's reach, and so is running.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
1. It doesn't kill you. You get teleported to spawn, with all your stuff and 2 debuffs.
2. The debuffs are nausea and slowness (both level 2 I think?), both last 4 minutes. It makes it very hard to see things and you walk super slow.
3. Yes, milk cures it. Who carries milk with them, especially since cave spiders don't even poison?
4. Corners and light don't really help. Although it's an enderman with different ai, it will still get you in areas that are only 2 blocks tall, and will show up in the space you occupy if it needs to. It's also picked me off a stair well and midway up an open ladder. If you hear it, the only way out is to get out of it's reach. Apparently beds are good for being out of it's reach, and so is running.
Both are level two, but the nausea is only for ca 1 min, for me atleast.