How did the Blocktopia servers start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
First off, I know Blocktopia was known as TheOne's before the name Blocktopia, but how exactly did we start out in terms of servers?

Were we just another freebuild server with a name plastered on Minecraft Classic for a while?

Or did we just outright start with Zombie, Lava, or TNT?

Just thought it'd be nice to know. ;)

Reactions: Summer10

Summer10

Reaction score
I think it was Lava, then creative(classic),then zombie, then smp, then tnt, then creative(beta), then primordia, then soon to be hunter/zombie (premium)

Feel free to correct me though, that is the best I know of our history so I will be glad to be corrected and clear up any misconceptions I have on the subject!

• Informative
Reactions: Duffie

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
I asked this very question in TS the other day, and I can indeed confirm that Lava was the first server. I should know more details, but I forget them right now. If I remember any more, I'll let you know. xD

• Informative
Reactions: Duffie

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
Off the top of my head:
  1. Original lava
  2. Build
  3. Original zombie
  4. New lava (ran parallel to original lava for quite a while)
  5. New zombie (replaced original zombie after a short trial)
  6. TNT
  7. SMP
  8. Primordia (replaced SMP and Build)
  9. New New zombie
TNT was pretty much finished when destroyerx1 offered it to the community, but didn't have anywhere near as many maps, refs could kill players, there was no tutorial, all blocks were destroyable, there were no upgrades, no random spawns and no game modes beyond a standard TNT map. There have probably been other additions too.

Megatron

AIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE
Reaction score
Off the top of my head:
  1. Original lava
  2. Build
  3. Original zombie
  6. TNT
  7. SMP
  9. New New zombie
TNT was pretty much finished when destroyerx1 offered it to the community, but didn't have anywhere near as many maps, refs could kill players, there was no tutorial, all blocks were destroyable, there were no upgrades, no random spawns and no game modes beyond a standard TNT map. There have probably been other additions too.
This is pretty much it, except 4 was a very buggy lava software that we never used fully, because it was...buggy. IIRC we switched back to old lava, and LISTINGS coded us a new one in the meantime.

Matt_Allen

Matterator
Reaction score
Website
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com
Off the top of my head:
  1. Original lava
  2. Build
  3. Original zombie
  6. TNT
  7. SMP
  9. New New zombie
Adding to what megatron said build also went from classic to beta in between SMP and Primordia.

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
I BRING TO THE STAND: DAVID OUR HISTORIAN.

I don't want just a list of servers. I want the actual first hand account from the beginning. Who were our fore-fathers that created the foundation for our Community? What was the small band of internet people that came up with the idea of a Community with a different multitude of gamers and collection of different people from around the internet?

I know someone is reading this and going "WDF" or "WHY IT MATTER?" but it does. This is the strongest Community I've seen in a long time and understanding the historical background and orginal intention would be something for all to reference in the future. C:

God I make this sound so damn srs. Cuz it is.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
I can tell you how TNT started.

[17:41] <destroyerx1> you know my tnt server?
[17:41] <iKJames> Yeah
[17:41] <destroyerx1> I might join TheOne's Minecraft with it
[17:41] <destroyerx1> I would have to give them the source, but they of course will keep it private
[17:41] <destroyerx1> I know that under the APL I'm allowed to do this
[17:42] <destroyerx1> but I wanted to ask you if you were OK with it first
[17:42] <iKJames> hmm
[17:42] <iKJames> Depends on the version
[17:42] <destroyerx1> its like 2.0.2 I believe
[17:43] <destroyerx1> heavily modified
[17:43] <destroyerx1> I would not include cmdblocks
[17:43] <iKJames> What'll they offer from this 'giving source' deal anyways?
[17:43] <destroyerx1> Hosting it, running it under their name, generally helping me manage and develop it
[17:44] <iKJames> hmm
[17:44] <iKJames> I'd be okay if it gives iCraft a little more attention
[17:44] <destroyerx1> OK
[17:44] <destroyerx1> I'll include in the about that it's derived from iCraft?
[17:45] <destroyerx1> and a link to hlmc.net
[17:45] <iKJames> Yeah.

AotsFTW

Reaction score
I know that the community started when TO bought the (lava) server from some dude, I'm not sure what the name was. Then from there he set up the community by making forums, more servers were created as it gained popularity. I believe the HA's payed for all the stuff back then, mostly because I do not remember having a donate bar when it was theonemcft.forums.com (something like that.). Hopefully I'm somewhat accurate.

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Darthlego, you mean PYP?
110:- TheOneSin has been honorably demoted from Head Administrator to Controller. We thank him very much for his service as a Head Admin.-Taking is place is the mighty Deadl0ck! Deadl0ck has been promoted from Controller to Head Administrator! We wish him luck, prosperity, and......[insert item here].

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
Here's my story

Minecraft released in May 2009
TheOne's starts after he downloads JTE's map and griefs it a bit, then proceeds to start a server using a stolen map and makes TheOne's lava survival
tortele comes along and befriends TheOne and becomes head admin
Sade comes along and becomes a co-admin
LG comes along and becomes co-admin
A group of old people come along like me, F, Evilgrim, combo, etc
From here, I got controller in a week (VERY IMPORTANT)
Build starts up due to a suggestion from LG and SinsOfFour and JTE mainly run it (JTE tagged along for a bit, then left us)
I get the idea of zombie survival and fire it to a friend (asiekierka)
We have a very shitty beta of zombie survival where humans cant talk behind walls to each other, tag players to infect, etc (players that played it include Megatron, catgirl, some others i dont remember)
PixelEater comes along and is like "HEY LOOK NEW LAVA" "OKAY, SURE"
Introduction of most HC and HA ranks, and shits
OHLOOK, SMP BETA WITH NOTCH, QUIVER IN MY BETA PRESENSE, BE JELLY
TNT is awaken by the inner beastings of someone
Lava v2 is out
Zombie v2 is out
SMP v2 is out
MASS RESIGNATION PERIOD IN TIME
OTHER SHIT THAT MOST PEOPLE KNOW NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.