[HOUSING] Another 'please read'!

IamGreg07

Reaction score

Hi,

I recommend you read this thread regardless whether it'll affect you...it's important that all Dagon members are aware of it.

In brief, depending on where in Dagon you live, you may have to move where you live. This is due to wanting to organise the land better, and for if we ever need a large piece of land for anything etc.

RED AREAS: Main Towns/Cities in Dagon. You may be able to buy/rent housing here.
GREEN AREAS: Miscellanious areas of Dagon where the construction is allowed.
The BLUE AREA: Place where you are free to build
Everywhere else (PURPLE AREA): Place where you cannot build. If you live here, read below.

Here's what is happening:

- If you currently live within a purple area you need to move your house, or destroy the house there. This also applies to any structures you have made there. Illegal houses will most likely be signposted.

-You have 2 weeks to do this. If you're able to prove you've removed your house (i.e screenshot) PM me to get 150 shillings for the inconvenienve caused. However, if after the 2 weeks the house(s) are not removed you won't be entitled to a payment, and it/they will be destroyed.

-If you're in a position where you believe your house shouldn't be destroyed, please appeal on this thread and it may be kept. You should also post on here if you wish to build any settlement in the purple area in any future time. Generally, if the building is more aesthetically pleasing or serves a purpose, it's more likely to stay.

Here is the format to use for keeping/building a structure in the purple area:
In-game name:
People living in/using the building:
Co-ords of Building (you may PM these if you wish):
Reason why you believe it should be kept/built:

If you have any futher questions, please post below or don't hesitate to PM me.

Thanks for reading!

CaramelCow

Reaction score
I have a farm thing that I am still working on but it is taking a while because I am very busy. It is in the swamps, was approved by shande so please do not break it.

IamGreg07

Reaction score
@silkshadow It's not a case of 'we don't need the land but we're outlawing building there anyway'. For a while, actually, the house spam has generally been quite offputting, especially in front of the capital.

@CaramelCow Noted, though it might be worthwile to mark it. For anyone else in a similar position though I would prefer it if you still used the format shown to make going over the thread easier...

twangfizz

^ Pretend this is a capital
Reaction score
In-game name: Twangfizz
People living in/using the building: Twangfizz Asassins100
Reason why you believe it should be kept/built: I've spent a really long time building it and I dont want all my effort to go to waste (plus it's not like it's a cobble hovel)... and it's epic

EDIT: Coords: -777, 64

IamGreg07

Reaction score
Reason why you believe it should be kept/built: I've spent a really long time building it and I dont want all my effort to go to waste (plus it's not like it's a cobble hovel)... and it's epic
Ah, sorry forgot to add, I'll need to know the co-ords of the building also so I know which is the one in question :p

IamGreg07

Reaction score
A quick question. Why is Midgar marked purple?
If you mean Arai's town...I originally had it blue by mistake, then realised it shouldn't be and coloured red over it. But cause of the blue it looks purple, but it should be red xP

But, as shande said, if it is full, it obviously can't be built in. But if someone moves from it it's preferred that they take their stuff to make way for someone else living there. If you're currently building in a free space there though, that's totally fine :)

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
In-game name: Mmarz11

People living in/using the building: Mmarz11

Co-ords of Building (you may PM these if you wish): -653, 69, 509 (x, y,z)

Reason why you believe it should be kept/built: I've lived there since before the capital's wall was finished and I don't see why it shouldn't be kept seeing as it's been there for ages now and no one has complained about it.

Malacath

God of Orcs & Destruction
Reaction score
Well well, the following people have told their Co-ords to us.

Coords: -777, 64
In-game name: Mmarz11
People living in/using the building: Mmarz11
DigitalMez Destroyed all his houses (thanks, saves us alot of work)
So, 2 people placed their coords, 1 destroyed his houses already. Means we got 3 people so far. Great, there are probably around 30 houses on illegal grounds. Maybe more.

YOU GOT 1 WEEK TO POST YOUR HOUSE OR THE DEMOLISH-SQUAD COMES BY AND SAYS ''HELLO''.
To @twangfizz & @Mmarz11 I'll personally check your houses. I'm with a friend now, so it could take a while!​
Goodday!​

IamGreg07

Reaction score

Ok, well from having looked at them:

@Mmarz11 I think you could do with a better reason, sorry.
@twangfizz Is this the round stone brick building? It's the x and z co-ords you need to give, not y :p But if this is it, would you be able to provide more information as to what it's purpose is/what it'll be used for? Thanks.
@digitalmez Awesome, thanks. For 2 houses I think 300 shillings should be justified...remind me when you next see me on Money sent

Malacath

Reaction score
@scotty12345 Well scotty, there are reasons for that. First of all it looks terrible if there are houses everywhere. We, as good Family with rules, smooth communication and a professional attutide should definitly be more organized which includes ordened homes in cities/towns.

And 1/4th is not fair? No, first of all, it's not 1/4th. You only counted the blue area, remember, there are still the red areas you can build in. So, it's definitly more.

Besides, why do we want the purple areas to be unbuild? Well, if there aren't any houses or such we can use that area later for building projects, so we dont have to delete structures then. We do it now. I guess that's the main reason behind this hm?

Reactions: Araidian

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
Besides, why do we want the purple areas to be unbuild? Well, if there aren't any houses or such we can use that area later for building projects, so we dont have to delete structures then. We do it now. I guess that's the main reason behind this hm?
Yep, I want something to be built in the desert that just isn't houses. Kinda like a group project there...But that will be for another time.

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
@Mmarz11 I think you could do with a better reason, sorry.
I suppose it would mainly be annoying to have to move and rebuild a house as well as a farm (underground and has a lever that connects to a [Bridge] to release water to harvest). I've also had quite a bit of luck in my current mine and prefer to stick with that than to go somewhere else. Anyways, where would I have to move to? The blue portion opposite of the corner I'm currently in? I tend to use the airship to Port Bastia and can get to my current home quickly. In that corner it would take a while to do so. Family portals? Still would take longer. I'm not level 10 so no I can not use mark and recall (which I heard has been giving problems lately regardless). Where I'm currently at I can easily get the resources I need/want and get to my house fairly easily. Also, the next thing you'd probably suggest is a settlement but meh... I don't care for being in settlements. I prefer living on my own on MineCraft.

Malacath

Reaction score
@Mmarz11 Give me some Co-ords, in PM im you want. And I'll personally come check it all. Maybe we can work something out, your statement is fair enough for me. And I'm not the worst person on the server ;3

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
@Mmarz11 Give me some Co-ords, in PM im you want. And I'll personally come check it all. Maybe we can work something out, your statement is fair enough for me. And I'm not the worst person on the server ;3
I posted them in my previous post in this thread: