Hobbiton

Shmid

Reaction score
NOTE: Hobbiton is now a satellite of Sancti Crustulam (Just like all other dead villages that Gonkus hasn't bought)

Somewhere far away from noisy cities, away from mystical wizards, chilling frost, and scorching

desert, in a little valley, lies a quiet little town with a river running through its heart. The name of this town is:

Malcovent's Superior video​

Yes, I know you've heard the name before, the little town of Hobbits from Lord of the Rings. We hope to capture the same calm, peaceful feeling the original Hobbiton had.
The town is comprised of an assortment of Hobbit Holes that members live in and build. We provide the entrances, you create the hole itself. Feel free to add whatever to the outside of you hole such as a small garden, a mailbox, a chimney, etc. if you have enough space.
We are a currently a small community with a nice sized town. We'd love for you to join us! We currently have a few jobs for people to do, but not for long. Current projects include:
  • Sprucing up hobbit holes
  • Creating a fishing area by our fishing lake (1080, -130)
  • Complete the Great Tree of Hobbiton(1010, -125)
  • Devise a way to light up the town without littering torches everywhere :p
  • Find more stuff to do!
Current Members:
  • Mrshmid(leader, builder, mostly inactive...mostly)
  • madhat99(leader, architect, inactive)
  • wrongbad(leader, redstoner, inactive)
  • raxo2222
  • linknoah1(inactive)
  • willpete(inactive)
  • Brennanlizzypet(inactive)
  • peterocks999(inactive)
  • Iolyan(inactive?)
  • cheatyface
  • EnderEmber(inactive)
  • zenzen10165(inactive)
If you wish to join us, we're located at app.
x: 960
z: -190
One of our leaders should be on around 12:00 PM GMT if you want in. Just PM one of us in-game saying you want to join. We'll ask you the following questions:

How long have you been on the server?
Will you follow the rules?
Anything we should know about you? (previous bans, anger problems, etc.)
You can use this template to apply on the forums, just add your In-game name.

Hobbit holes by the river

The farm

Hobbit holes put into the side of a hill

MOAR HOBBIT HOLES and a bridge

The Great Hobbiton Tree as of 1/27/13 (about 1/3 done)

Rules
  1. Be polite to your fellow Hobbits
  2. Do not steal from your fellow Hobbits
  3. Stay courteous to the big folk, queer as they are.
  4. Do not take too much from community chests, leave some for other people.
  5. If you dig into another hole, get out of the other man's property and patch it up!
  6. Keep with the theme. Hobbit holes are supposed to be cozy little things, not ramshackle caves.
  7. Do not edit anything other than your Hobbit hole and the area inside your fence. You may decorate the outside of your hole as long as it relates to the theme and doesn't interfere with anyone else's work. (the road and the modified large trees are considered other people's work)
  8. Do NOT break any saplings that you did not place
  9. Replant all types of farms and rebreed any animals that you kill
  10. Keep away from any drunkards coming from the inn
Rules are subject to change at any time.

Other info
We are allied with Esper

We are connected to the Nether Network, in between Carthage and Nether Fortress

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
How long have you been on the server? - I have 4 days playtime and have been on it since the start.
Anything we should know about you? (previous bans, anger problems, etc.) - Not really. Only thing is I'm only just currently reading the book so may not know everything about the hobbit :p My username on MC is Da_Jinks as well.

Shmid

Reaction score
How long have you been on the server? - I have 4 days playtime and have been on it since the start.
Anything we should know about you? (previous bans, anger problems, etc.) - Not really. Only thing is I'm only just currently reading the book so may not know everything about the hobbit :p My username on MC is Da_Jinks as well.
madhat and I are on right now. come over and pick out a hole.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Can I be part of Hobbiton? I'm veeery near to it (I live underground, under dat NPC village, that mega farm and nether portal are owned by me ;))

IGN: raxo2222
How long have you been on the server? /ontime? Over 6 days.
Nothing really (well I derp'd up in Snowfall - I was too ASSDFASDFSF), but I'm taking fresh start in quiet clan. I know how Hobbits live :p.
My farm even "pokes" Hobbitons border.

Oh and this Great Tree reminds me Gaia one.

• Agree
Reactions: Wink and Vatowski

madhat99

Reaction score
So I can just pick whatever unusued hole? Seems were on very different timezones as that was late for me.

EDIT: Got one.
they aren't totally free we would like some wood for the great tree about 64 oak logs.
We need oak logs to finish the tree!(about 1140)
(the price may go up when more pplz come)
And the three of us live on the west cost.
also shmid is a computer ninja of the second lvl, and I am still waxing cars! :)
JSKY

Can I be part of Hobbiton? I'm veeery near to it (I live underground, under dat NPC village, that mega farm and nether portal are owned by me ;))

IGN: raxo2222
How long have you been on the server? /ontime? Over 6 days.
Nothing really (well I derp'd up in Snowfall - I was too ASSDFASDFSF), but I'm taking fresh start in quiet clan. I know how Hobbits live :p.
My farm even "pokes" Hobbitons border.

Oh and this Great Tree reminds me Gaia one.
o yeah!(I randomly mined into your home once! :p)
(And I totally understand about derping and getting warned, I have bean kicked for flying well in a lagy bout!)
So yeah!
Your in!
And if you don't want to buy/live in a hole you don't need to(you already live so close!)
We do need resources(about 1140 oak for tree and 250 stone brick for market sq.)
You don't need to give us ALL that, but those are some goals we are working towards.
PS.sry for double posting.
PPS this is what we are going for on the green dragon!
http://www.theonering.com/news/the-hobbit-movies/green-dragon-opens-for-business

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
they aren't totally free we would like some wood for the great tree about 64 oak logs.
We need oak logs to finish the tree!(about 1140)
(the price may go up when more pplz come)
And the three of us live on the west cost.
also shmid is a computer ninja of the second lvl, and I am still waxing cars! :)
JSKY
I'll collect some when I can then.

madhat99

Reaction score
Okay, and "merge" posts, where you double-posted!
Where to donate stone bricks and oak logs? I have a lot of them.
ummm G we need hoppers...
I guess you could just leave a chest with a block and a sing saying who it is for buy the cave home!
(the cave home is buy the tree!)
and make sure you leave a block on the chest there is this guy called Construction boy who has raided us a tub
(and I mean a *%&#!*& TUUNNN)

• Winner
Reactions: 77thShad

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
ummm G we need hoppers...
I guess you could just leave a chest with a block and a sing saying who it is for buy the cave home!
(the cave home is buy the tree!)
and make sure you leave a block on the chest there is this guy called Construction boy who has raided us a tub
(and I mean a *%&#!*& TUUNNN)
Okay, I put dat chest in that giant tree.
Enjoy 16 stacks of oak logs and 4 stacks of stone bricks :D

madhat99

Reaction score
I love your settlement and think you should go apply as soon as you feel ready. ;)
We intend to get some sort of info center up (most likely the green dragon)
Then we will apply for a village, this should happen some time in the next week.
Are long term goal is to get to a town! with public anvil, portal, enchanter, etc.
And a market(no villagers they are a bit to much, just free stuffz!)
we will also complete the tree in the end it will look like this (ONLY BIGGER)