Hobbiton Village Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmid

Reaction score
Village name: Hobbiton
Village theme:Quaint medieval-style. Small, one-story or underground buildings. In a word, Hobbit-y
Introduction of your village:
Somewhere far away from noisy cities, away from mystical wizards, chilling frost, and scorching desert, in a little valley, lies a quiet little town with a river running through its heart. The name of this town is Hobbiton.

The approximate coordinates of the village center: x: 950, z: -190

Members(included yourself and leaders):

• madhat99(leader)
  • MrShmid(leader)
  • wrongbad(leader)
  • raxo2222
  • linknoah1
  • willpete
  • peterrocks999
  • brennanlizzypet
  • Iolyan
Preferred tag: [Hobbit]

Screenshot of the village:

Why should your village be official: We hobbits have put many hours that could have been better spent doing something useful planning and building Hobbiton. As a result, we have a nice-sized town with plenty of room for expansion. All we need is more active members!

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Though I feel the members could be much more active, and I know there's been a few people who have dropped out, I think Hobbition is absolutely positively awesome! The theme can be seen everywhere - there is no place that goes against it, from farms, to homes, to markets, to roads. Clear +1, keep it up - and I am sure once you are an official village and get some attention, the hobbits will flock in!

Reactions: Shmid

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
I quite like the village. As superstein said, I rarely see many of your members. However, those who are active have accomplished a lot of things, and, overall, Hobbiton is worthy of village status in my eyes. +1

madhat99

Reaction score
you guys are right there hasn't bean much going on in hobbiton.... :\
mostly because of Age of mythology,and MC PvP servers.
But we are coming back!! :)

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
I feel you settlement is a friendly and nice place to visit, however I am concerned about multiple things:
  1. Houses, most of your hobbit holes go two blocks in then stop. Unless you all sleep on solid rock I don't see where there are many living accommodations.
  2. Activity, although I see raxo and a few others on a good bit but besides that I don't see many of you on.
  3. Progress, I go to hobbiton almost everyday. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't see any progress on the town itself whatsoever I'd love to see some additions to the town occasionally.
I going with a 0, for now.
Good luck!

Shmid

Reaction score
I see your point there. The hobbit holes were meant to be starting points; owners mine out their own homes and decorate them however they like. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
As a former member, I left due to the inactivity of the members of this town sadly. Its overall a great town and I can see it becoming a village/town fairly soon but as of now I'm leaving a 0 until I see a major activity boost.

D

DieLorelei

I agree, it is a bit disappointing that the houses arent complete. But as someone who for the longest time also struggled to gain active members just to apply for town, I know that the promise of an official village is a huge boost to success and such. The town itself looks nice, and is very popular, I believe it deserve's a +1... Lets get this thing on a roll :D

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
After a good long look over Hobbiton, I'm of two minds here, the theme is awesome and is quite apparent everywhere you go, but the activity of your members is a little worrying, not only that the houses only going in 2 blocks is saddening and some houses are yet to be decorated in that Hobbity way! Alas I'm going to go with a 0 here, the theme is nice! But I think a little bit more effort is required here to get your activity up and get those hobbit holes spruced up also.

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
The town on it's own is amazing. I really like the theme and the work you put into it. But, I don't see many hobbiton members online when I'm on. I mainly see raxo and yourself. If you could boost the activity of your members I would be glad to give a +1. But for now it is a 0

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Great looking town, ready for players to move in, settles right in with its theme. Has more things than just the essentials, mainly that great dark room of Raxo's! I know about the player's inactivity and all, which is quite a shame for such a nice looking town. 0, unless I see a rise in activity!

D

DarkHender

I love this place, I've loved it sense it was starting to be built. I'm sad that all housing are not finished, but people are able to move in and create things.
But, I have not heard anything about it except for the dark room.
But since I know you've been working hard and this place has been a caterpillar for so long waiting to gain it's wings. I think Hobbiton should see how flying feels x)
1+

madhat99

Reaction score
Okay sounds like the theme is great, but as everyone has pointed out we need to be on more!
People also seem to be disappointed with the fake hobbit holes, the idea there is that when new people join they can pick one and dig it out themselves.
This way they can make there own homes, but there will still be order!
(If y'all don't like this it can be changed)
I can't say that I will be on more over this weekend as lots of stuff is happening, :\
but I and others should be on more over spring break! :)

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Okay sounds like the theme is great, but as everyone has pointed out we need to be on more!
People also seem to be disappointed with the fake hobbit holes, the idea there is that when new people join they can pick one and dig it out themselves.
This way they can make there own homes, but there will still be order!
(If y'all don't like this it can be changed)
I can't say that I will be on more over this weekend as lots of stuff is happening, :\
but I and others should be on more over spring break! :)
I highly suggest you start pushing your members to finish their houses. Even if the houses are not the town's responsibility they still should be done before you apply. You need to work as a team to get a few houses and other projects done, even if they aren't your houses! I'm changing my vote to -1 till I see some activity and living area improvement.

D

DieLorelei

I highly suggest you start pushing your members to finish their houses. Even if the houses are not the town's responsibility they still should be done before you apply. You need to work as a team to get a few houses and other projects done, even if they aren't your houses! I'm changing my vote to -1 till I see some activity and living area improvement.
Sadly I must agree with this... While im keeping my vote +1, i believe you should take this to heart... I gave my town members furnished apartment rooms that were ready for them when they moved in and chose to join. It gave them something to start with, and after that, they were free to modify and decorate it however they wanted, or move out and build their own home a close distance away for even more individuality... I believe that's part of the appeal to any settlement.. So whether its a temporary housing project for new members, or furnished home, I believe it would help you greatly to give new members a place to stay and feel welcome in your town to get them started with.... If not for your members, than atleast to improve the appearance of the village.

madhat99

Reaction score
Sadly I must agree with this... While im keeping my vote +1, i believe you should take this to heart... I gave my town members furnished apartment rooms that were ready for them when they moved in and chose to join. It gave them something to start with, and after that, they were free to modify and decorate it however they wanted, or move out and build their own home a close distance away for even more individuality... I believe that's part of the appeal to any settlement.. So whether its a temporary housing project for new members, or furnished home, I believe it would help you greatly to give new members a place to stay and feel welcome in your town to get them started with.... If not for your members, than atleast to improve the appearance of the village.
Sounds like a great idea I'll start working on it as soon as I have the time!
But like said I wont be on till next week because my weekend is packed.
(shmid will start today)

Q

Qube

Very sorry for the slow decision, completely forgot about it!

And i'm afraid your village application has been denied for now, what you have made so far looks great, but as has been stated its not really there just yet! I'd be more than happy to see you apply for village again in the near future, when you have worked a bit on what has been said to you here in the application.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.