AoD - Accepted HKCaper's AoD Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
  • What is your in-game name? HKCaper
  • What timezone do you live in? CET
  • How many hours have you played on the server for? - 1 day 15 hours 57 minutes (40 hours)
  • How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week? Weekdays: 1-2 at least every day (evenings mostly), Weekends: 4 hours at least. These numbers could easily double/triple depending on how busy I am.
  • What prior staffing experience do you have? I do not have prior staffing experience.
  • What do you think the role entails? In my eyes there is a couple of things the role entails. Most important is making sure everyone is having a blast. When everyone is enjoying themselves and things are going perfect, a mod has to try to keep it that way. Helping new players (and older players) find their way with the different minigames or with the other players is a part of this. This also means that if someone or something is causing trouble, a moderator should deal with the situation. What I also see as part of the role is working on improving the server. As a moderator I would want to work on perfecting the maps/minigames, work on the overall experience of playing AoD and work on keeping it relevant (coming up with new ideas or new aspects that could draw more people to AoD or EscRes in general).
  • Why do you want to be a staff member? What has always drawn me to EscRes, specifically AoD is the community, the people I play with and get to know. It is the joy I get from playing with these amazing people that causes me to still be up at 3 am on a weekday playing Capture the Flag. I want to be a staff member so I can help other (old and new) people experience this joy. Being able to help others always makes my day. I also want to give back more to the community. As I have been playing on AoD I have noticed that issues do occur and that problems do exist. I want to be able to work on these issues and help solving these problems more thoroughly. AoD does not have a lot of staff right, so I thought this would be a great time for me to apply and assist the server more.
  • What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?
    Firstly, I am a fast learner, meaning I will be able to figure out how to handle situations perfectly and work on the server quickly. This includes that I have a bit of experience with coding/programming and could help with that. Secondly, I am studying physics in university, which is all about problem analysis and problem solving. For a moderator these two things are also important. When problems occur I think I will be able to quickly analyse the situation, determine what has to be done and find the right solution. This, while often also operating as a team, is something I do on a day to day basis.
  • How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with? What I would do first is try to figure it out myself. I want to get to know the traits of being a moderator as quickly as possible and dealing with situations I am unfamiliar with is the easiest way to do this. However if I get stuck and if it is urgent, I will reach out for advice or help from a more experienced staff member.
  • Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us? I know that I am quite new to EscRes and AoD, but I have learned (sometimes the hard way): if you want something, go for it. AoD has been doing great lately and it has potential. I intend to keep it that way and I think I can help with that.
  • Please list your references: No references.
Thank you for taking the time to read my application, and I look forward to reading your replies.

Last edited:
G

Guest35486

Hi HK, thanks for applying!

You know the game pretty well and have made a map submission for AoD. I also see that you're active and generally fun to be around. However, you do not stand out to me as a potential moderator at the moment. I would like to see you help out other players more in the server. I see that you're very responsive to feedback in your map submission thread and I believe that you have potential.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
I have to admin, your application took me a bit by surprise, however I'm glad that you made an application and want to help improve the server.
I think I agree with Claire that you don't particularly stand out for being Mod, however I'd like to give you a shot as Trusted. If it goes smoothly, we can consider promoting you to Mod later down the line.

So for now, I'll accept you as a map Helper. As part of this you'll have access to trusted chat, and the map helper discord.
I'll set you up with permissions shortly, so stand by for that. Welcome to the helper team.
Accepted?

Reactions: HKCaper
Status
Not open for further replies.