Heroes Balance and Suggestions

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Hello.

This thread is meant to serve as a place to post and discuss suggestions for changes to the Heroes classes and balance. If you feel that a class or skill is too overpowered, not overpowered enough, etc., this is the place to post it.

Reactions: Notme

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Can we make it so that citizen class is maybe not less/equal in power to a sheep? I swear I had to hit one 15 times with fully charged stone sword hits just to bring it down, and the regular hotiles are even more out of everyone's league.

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Bugs:
MightyBlow (Warrior) doesn't work 90% of the time
Lunge (Warrior) doesn't work at all. It gives the error (An internal error occured while attempting to perform this command.)
Smite (Mage) targeting wonky. Doesn't work 90% of the time.
"You are not trained to use a shield" when you try to put it in your hot bar. Fixed by continuously trying to put it in your hot bar.
Dexterity (Attribute) bugged?
Slow (Sorcerer) broken. Seems like all targeted skills are broken.
Curse (Executioner) has a minimum range of about 10 blocks. Don't know if this is a bug but it feels awful for a melee class.
MightyBlow requires a sword but it's the first skill for Executioners. Not really a bug but annoying nonetheless.

Balance Suggestions:
Increase amount of damage gained from strength. Constituion gives you an insane amount of health compared to the damage you get from strength. While Intellect damage for mage seems to scale really well. Another way to balance this is to add Iron Swords to Warrior.

Make Creepers/Ghasts do less damage. They both do about 100 damage right now which is an absurd amount.

Last edited:
Reactions: balloon98

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Miners Excavate is way underpowered - its way to shoort and has too big cooldown.
At least make it break quickly obsidian and last for 30 or at least 10 seconds.

Miner skill is WAAAAAYYY OP in deep underground below 20th layer - diamonds drops as often here as iron on higher layers.
Now I have over ten diamonds and I have feeling like I wont ever need iron pick again :p

Edit: Transmute ore is waaayy underpowered - since it can change only one ore, reduce cool down to 10 or 30 seconds.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: SirComputer

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
The warlock class doesn't work correctly. Every time you use a damaging warlock ability, blood union will increase with 1. However the only damaging ability warlock can do is siphon blood, which has a 30 second cooldown. Blood union resets after 25 seconds so blood union will never get beyond 1.

And you need atleast 3 blood unions to use the other damaging, 'boil blood', ability. Which is therefor not useable.

*Blood union won't increase when using weapons, only when using siphon blood.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayfeather

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hunter poison arrow does such a tiny amount of damage it feels pointless, especially since apparently anyone can make poison arrows anyway(?)

Not sure if you know this or not but the web arrow thing for Marksmen doesn't work and the Gift skill for Alchemist doesn't work

EDIT: Oh and thank you for fixing backstab <3

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Lux

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Hunter poison arrow does such a tiny amount of damage it feels pointless, especially since apparently anyone can make poison arrows anyway(?)

Not sure if you know this or not but the web arrow thing for Marksmen doesn't work and the Gift skill for Alchemist doesn't work

EDIT: Oh and thank you for fixing backstab <3
Have you looked up the recipe for Poisoned arrows? If I am not mistaken they need a lingering potion, which you need a dragons breath to make, which you can only get from an alive enderdragon. Unless I'm wrong about it, that makes I kind of hard to get :)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Have you looked up the recipe for Poisoned arrows? If I am not mistaken they need a lingering potion, which you need a dragons breath to make, which you can only get from an alive enderdragon. Unless I'm wrong about it, that makes I kind of hard to get :)
Oh okay, no I was just told you could make them, had no idea how though, but thanks for clearing that up.

EDIT: Danni122112 by the way, even so, it's still super weak. It does like half a heart of damage and that's only if you're hungry, so I still think it needs to be buffed

Last edited:

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Please nerf executioner, because one certain leader has proven that it is more than enough to solo raid, kill multiple people multiple times while being virtually untouchable.
Also, ironfist is op af because it hits through walls for good damage.

• Agree
Reactions: Jayfeather

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Please nerf executioner, because one certain leader has proven that it is more than enough to solo raid, kill multiple people multiple times while being virtually untouchable.
Also, ironfist is op af because it hits through walls for good damage.
If it's overpowered why does only one(as far as I know) person have the class instead of litterally everyone? Honestly all you need to do is take him down from a distance what's he gonna do about that.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
If it's overpowered why does only one(as far as I know) person have the class instead of litterally everyone? Honestly all you need to do is take him down from a distance what's he gonna do about that.
first thing is, most people chose magic, likely because when we first started, strength didn't do jack, and mobs were kinda op.

second thing is, most fights against him (as far as I'm aware) have all been underground or in an enclosed space, which rules this out as even being an option. That, and magic range is not 10/10, nor is magic accuracy at range. It also doesn't help that he pretty much abuses the hell out of invisibility.

Also to note that he has stated that his STR is 4, and his INT is 28, and that apparently means his dark scythe ability is through the roof, so much so that it makes executioner better at magic than any of the magic classes.

Last edited:

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
first thing is, most people chose magic, likely because when we first started, strength didn't do jack, and mobs were kinda op.

second thing is, most fights against him (as far as I'm aware) have all been underground or in an enclosed space, which rules this out as even being an option. That, and magic range is not 10/10, nor is magic accuracy at range. It also doesn't help that he pretty much abuses the hell out of invisibility.

Also to note that he has stated that his STR is 4, and his INT is 28, and that apparently means his dark scythe ability is through the roof, so much so that it makes executioner better at magic than any of the magic classes.

• Agree
Reactions: Jolterino

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
First thing is, most people chose magic, likely because when we first started, strength didn't do jack, and mobs were kinda op.

It's never too late to change class...

Anyone who plays their classes strengths effectively will be hard to beat. Try to ensure any fight is done on your terms, not theirs.

For the Mage this means always keeping a medium distance from you and your target and never ever allow a warrior to get close enough to use their skills on you - You're too squishy.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
It's never too late to change class...
The point of having classes to begin with is so that there are multiple different styles of playing through the game, there by opening the game up to a much wider audience; not everyone is meant to be a tank, not everyone is meant to be a healer.
By making a class that effectively reaches god tier not too far in it's life (i.e. executioner dishing out 150 DPS at medium range, whilst being very reasonably tanky, and I'm not joking in the least by the way), you basically defeat the purpose of even having classes to begin with.

This is a problem that Terraria has been facing since it went into 1.2 and is still dealing with to this day, where someone going full tank can also have the highest and most reliable dps in the game, effectively breaking unregulated pvp.
Anyone who plays their classes strengths effectively will be hard to beat. Try to ensure any fight is done on your terms, not theirs.
I'd have an easier time playing sorcerer class to its strength if my 38-42 damage shot didn't have a 1-second cool down and if it was easier to aim.
That alone sets my maximum dps as a master sorcerer at INT 30 to an average of about 40, and that's assuming I'm close enough to hit each shot reliably, and that the server isn't lagging so much that my shot is firing from 20 blocks away at the opposite angle.

For the Mage this means always keeping a medium distance from you and your target and never ever allow a warrior to get close enough to use their skills on you - You're too squishy.
I very well understand this, but the problem with trying to do this during a raid (whether offensive or defensive) is that, since none of the families want to have their legal entrances to be at all easy to find/navigate, raiders try to use caves to sneak in, and then all the fighting happens underground. this will be changed later when elytra are added into the mix, but I recon we still have maybe a few days until that becomes a reality.
there's also the thing about alchemists using enderpearls, but I have yet to see that happen, and I myself am not a high enough level of alchemist to do so.
There's also the part where I have to wait a full second between shots, and that may not seem like much at first glance, but once your target starts running, they have all the liberty to come at you in such a way that you simply can't land a second hit, and trust me when I say that I've tried turning and running.

To be short and level with everything, executioner has too great a reliable DPS for how tanky it is, even with armor removed from the equation, and sorcerer has too low of an unreliable DPS for how squishy it is, and this really needs to be fixed, especially in the case where executioner should be finding it's fire power from the STR stat and not INT, because right now, executioner is behaving exactly like a super tanky top tier magic class.

To fix this on the executioner's end, we simply need to make darkscythe NOT be INT based (because why the hell should a melee class be the best magic class?), or if it should remain INT based, lower how much INT boosts darkscythe (28 INT darkscyhe was enough to give a 50 damage melee attack, and likely on a diamond hoe, too, based on how quickly the blows were delivered). If not that, then cap out the max damage of a melee hit to be somewhere around 20 damage, a little higher on slower weapons and a little lower on faster weapons.

On the sorcerer and mage end, well, to put it firstly, the only practical difference between fireball and icebolt is that icebolt gives a minor slowness effect that quickly wears off.
Secondly, fireball and icebolt have a medium range (at which the further end becomes hard to aim at), a small collision box, a hearty 1-second cooldown, and, in the case of icebolt, relatively slow velocity (making it painfully easy to dodge if you're smarter than a zombie). And unlike bows, your vision doesn't zoom in and your movement speed slow down so that you can aim very nice and precisely.
To make specifically fireball and icebolt be worth anything in actual pvp, one or two of the major issues need to be dealt with:
*Mid-low damage compared to what is currently out there.
*These specific spells are basically clones of each other, except that one is 5 more mana to use and slows people for a short period.
*Make one or both of the spells have higher velocity and/or ignore gravity.
*Increase the firing rate slightly on one or both of these spells.

For those interested specifically in my final recommendations, look simply for the blue text.