Hero Siege

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Map Name: Hero Siege
Map Authors: Catcocomics
Game Type: Mob
Map Worldborder: Self-contained
Download: At this point, you may as well warp to just about any of my other submissions on the Create server, since it's right there with them all, can't miss it (though you may need to look in the sky).
I'd suggest /warp Ikanacanyon since it's directly below the new map.
Game Time: Any time, dynamic.
Screenshots:

Maximum amount of players: 5
Block explosion list: Cracked Stone Bricks, Cobblestone, Spruce Planks, Spruce Logs, Spruce Stairs, Dispencers.
Block drop on/off: Pls no.
Notes:
*Don't let the shop items fool you; this map is gonna be tough!
Though the weapons do get to be ridiculously powerful (with price tags to match), the best armor available is full prot 3 leather, and there isn't much running/fleeing space.
That said, I probably will have a number of prices changed between now and what ever this submission's conclusion will be.

*This map actually has a bit of a defense aspect to it; there are two walls of which the players should try and guard.
The second wall uses redstone in order to make it sturdier than the first wall.
It is ideal for player to try and keep the mobs from breaching their defenses, though should the monsters break through, there is still some hope of victory... maybe...

*As the mobs progress deeper and deeper into your fort, they may start trying to flank you through the caves. To make sure the wither doesn't get stuck if it decides to take a cave spawn, I've left the cave spawns very open, though still out of reach to players.

*The wave sizes will be down a bit compared to most maps, but that's because the waves themselves are going to go by very quickly, and if players don't deal with the mob hordes efficiently, they will get over run.
Total wave sizes should be half of to three quarters of the standard.

*All prices in shops to be multiplied by 10 to match the mob gold drops.

*Ideally, I'd like to play test this a few times before declaring it "finished", so if it seems like a bit much to think about, just put it on trial, and we can see if it turned out fine.

Wave time: 20 seconds.
Shop Locations: In the back by the very large fountain. can't miss them.
Mob spawn locations: The skulls in the area by the massive netherportal.
Player spawn location(s): The emerald patch by the very large fountain.

Shop Items: See the 6 shulker boxes pertaining to the two shops.
Kits: See the green shulker box labelled "Hero" on the emerald spawn pad.
End Wave: 80
Mobs which can/can't spawn: Everything can spawn except for slimes and magma cubes, since their tracking ability is trash.
We will also omit husks, since they're pretty much a needless reskin.
Mob Settings:
Zombie:
  • Specific waves: 5 - finish
  • Gold dropped: 2
  • Frequency: 0.8
Silverfish:
  • Specific waves: 1 - 20
  • Gold dropped: 10
  • Frequency: 1.6
Endermites:
  • Specific waves: 1 - 20
  • Gold dropped: 12
  • Frequency: 0.4
Spider:
  • Specific waves: 6 - 35
  • Gold dropped: 15
  • Frequency: 1
Creeper:
  • Specific waves: 11 - finish
  • Gold dropped: 35
  • Frequency: 0.2
Ghast:
  • Specific waves: 22 - 50
  • Gold dropped: 16
  • Frequency: 0.75
Vindicator:
  • Specific waves: 50 - finish
  • Gold dropped: 50
  • Frequency: 0.6
Cavespider:
  • Specific waves: 11 - 40
  • Gold dropped: 24
  • Frequency: 0.4
Skeleton:
  • Specific waves: 8 - 45
  • Gold dropped: 25
  • Frequency: 0.7
Wither Skeleton:
  • Specific waves: 30 - finish
  • Gold dropped: 30
  • Frequency: 1.5
Stray:
  • Specific waves: 16 - 60
  • Frequency: 0.8
Zombie Pigman:
  • Specific waves: 35 - 65
  • Gold dropped: 40
  • Frequency: 0.5
Witch:
  • Specific waves: 32 - 60
  • Gold dropped: 60
  • Frequency: 0.1
Enderman:
  • Specific waves: 40 - finish
  • Frequency: 3.5
Vex:
  • Specific waves: 60 - finish
  • Gold dropped: 60
  • Frequency: 0.1
Evoker:
  • Specific waves: 45 - finish
  • Frequency: 1.2
Blaze:
  • Specific waves: 30 - 50
  • Gold dropped: 35
  • Frequency: 1.3
Skeleton Horse:
  • Specific waves: 60
  • Gold dropped: 70
  • Frequency: 2.5
Endermen (Boss):
  • Specific waves: 20, 40
  • Gold dropped: 50
  • Frequency: 1
Wither:
  • Specific waves: 80
  • Gold dropped: 200
  • Frequency: 5

Last edited:
Reactions: ChocoFox

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Special note:
I've changed the mob patterns a bit so they better phase them in and out depending on each wave. It's kind of meant now to be structered as 1-20 introducing common/weak overworld enemies, 20-40 remoivng weakest and introducing nether enemies, 40-60 removing certain friendly fire enemies and introducing post game mobs, and 60-80 refining the waves to produce just the toughest mobs.

I will also likely go and redo the shop items and maybe mob gold to better reflect this progression.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Hi catco, ty for submitting the map,

I think it does not harm (except maybe that comp has to do stuff) to give this map a try. Im assuming it will moslty get played by you though (ill def give it a try), so comp should just decide if he has the time to add this map.

as for the map itself, there seems to be a lot of things going on, but it looks quite fun, and i wouldnt be opposed to just implement it the way it is, and fine-tune the items/mobs/etc. after a couple tries.

soooo +1

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Hello catco, thanks for your submission.

I agree with much of what HK said. I am not quite sure how the map would work practically, but it looks interesting and I'm a fan of testing out new ideas. So, I think we should give it a try. Therefore a 1+ from me

Reactions: HKCaper

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Due to an accident regarding what ever happened with RoF crashing and burning again, as well as @computerguy not actually paying attention to map submissions in a timely manner, this map can no longer be accessed and is forever gone.
Apparently Sirc's out-of-control RoF data incident v2.0 spilled over into create and deleted half of the worlds there, including Flatone, where this and all my other maps normally reside.
My apologies for not pirating the Create MV data to keep a safe back-up for myself to be ultra-convenient in case of such a failure, but, unless someone else has done that, the map is gone.

I'm sure it would have been perfectly safe if Comp had responded even just a day earlier and moved the map into AoD's data banks, but since he hasn't (unless he's pulling some secret deepstate shenans on me), I bid that you all enjoy your Easter Fools, and feel free to burn this post at the end of the day when I come in and completely admit that this was a very tasteless joke on my part, k thanks bye.

• Winner
Reactions: Notme

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Hi catco, sorry Ive taken so long to get to this.

I think its an interesting concept for a map, and staff agree. I'd be happy to give the map a trial run, but if Im being honest AoD isnt really active enough to justify adding the map to the rotation. If the server picks up again, I'll definitely add the map and see how it goes.

So, I guess I'll just put the map on indefinite hold for now

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I mean, if you did add it on trial, I'd probably get on just to iron out any issues I have with it and we wouldn't have to deal with them when the server does pick up again.
And from me being on, server activity may pick up slightly anyway, since no one really wants to go onto an empty server unless they're trying to build something or grind.