AoD - Declined Helper Application

xXMrWhiskersXx

Donor
Reaction score
In game name: Arctic_Con
Ontime on the server: 23 Hours 19 Minutes 28 Seconds
Why you would like the rank: I want to help people. I feel the need to be important in my life.
Anything else you think would be useful: I mean I've found a lot of glitches and things to fix. (Ask Arelic if you want)
Have an Amazing Day or Night!

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Hey MrWhiskers/Arctic (whichever you prefer), I want to thank you for applying for AoD Helper.

Let's dive right in, I am not sure what to think of this application, since I do not know to much about you. Let me start by saying a things I do know: I know you are enthusiastic about AoD and do make an effort to get online and play. However, while this is important, I am not sure if you would be fit for the helper role. For deciding on helper applications I'd like to take into account how well you do at communicating and helping other players. While I know it has been quite hard to show this over the last few months, I do not remember you doing well at this before (when AoD was more active). I'd also like to take into account that you (correct me if I am wrong) took a break from AoD/EscRes/MCoverall for quite a bit, which could possibly happen again?

All in all, I think you'd make an effort to be a good helper, but I just do not know if you'd fit the role.
Therefore I am going with a 0

xXMrWhiskersXx

Donor
Reaction score
Hey MrWhiskers/Arctic (whichever you prefer), I want to thank you for applying for AoD Helper.

Let's dive right in, I am not sure what to think of this application, since I do not know to much about you. Let me start by saying a things I do know: I know you are enthusiastic about AoD and do make an effort to get online and play. However, while this is important, I am not sure if you would be fit for the helper role. For deciding on helper applications I'd like to take into account how well you do at communicating and helping other players. While I know it has been quite hard to show this over the last few months, I do not remember you doing well at this before (when AoD was more active). I'd also like to take into account that you (correct me if I am wrong) took a break from AoD/EscRes/MCoverall for quite a bit, which could possibly happen again?

All in all, I think you'd make an effort to be a good helper, but I just do not know if you'd fit the role.
Therefore I am going with a 0
I'd like to thank you for noticing the effort to get online and for your feedback. You are correct that I had "taken a break" but I had no control over it. I had no platform to play MC until recently. I'll try to do more with communication among players. Thank you again for the feedback!
-Arctic

Last edited:
Reactions: HKCaper

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Hello Arctic/MrWhiskers, thanks for applying for AoD Helper.

I would first like to apologize for a late reply, it has been a very hectic week for me. Like HKCaper said I am not quite sure what to think. I can only remember to have seen you once in-game, and that was on Create. Despite you overall seemed like a nice person, it is not much of an indicator of whether you will be a good addition to our AoD crew or not. I should take some of this blame, since I haven’t been too active the last few weeks, but I also noticed your ontime is around a day which is not very much. Anyway, it is very nice to see that you are enthusiastic and want to make an effort to help AoD, but at this point I need to see more of you.

Currently it is a 0 from me.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for applying!
Apologies for replying later than I had intended.

I did notice that you had been banned on RoF twice for hacking, the appeals being here:
https://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/ban-appeal.20607/
https://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/xxmrwhiskersxx-ban-appeal.20659/

Hacking is quite a serious offence. First time, I can let slide. But hacking again even after getting unbanned does not help you out. In saying that, I haven't personally seen anything (and have had no reports either) of you hacking on AoD, so I do trust you on this.

Helping find bugs is definitely useful, and I always make sure to address all the bugs which are reported, so keep that up.

I do agree with what Unu and HK have said. I have seen you around, and I don't think I've ever had a problem with you, however I can't say you've ever stood out as anything but a player. Given the current state of AoD (and to be honest most of the servers) being pretty inactive, and getting two 0s, I don't think its really the right time to give you helper.

If AoD becomes more active again, I would like to see you interact/help out new players a bit more, and then re-apply. You said you like to help people, so show us!

For now though, I'll decline the application, but as I said, feel free to apply again in the future.
Declined

Last edited: