AoD - Declined Helper App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmitris

Reaction score
IGN: dmitris

Ontime: Right now it says 2 hours on AoD 2. But on AoD 1 i believe i was very active.

Why I would like the rank? Because i would like to play again this server like before when there were more people. But since then a big amount of players left the server and now its barely active. I really loved that server
was very active and even made a map for it. You might say that im inactive now, but i thought why not resurrect it and have fun like the old days? Everyone nowadays is attracted to LoP, but we should try to keep this server alive.

Anything else I think would be useful: I want to say that during weekdays i might be online for roughly 1-3 hours while on weekends i can be online up to 5 hours. Also i might make more maps on the create server!

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Ontime changed to 5 hours! AoD came back to life yesterday with 17 peeps online! Hooray!

Last edited:

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
Hey dmitris, thanks for applying!

First off, I think you're a very positive and helpful person in the server, which is always a good thing. I think you have good intentions, and that's a start.
However, helper isn't a rank we can give to anyone.
Though you have quite a few important qualities, your ontime is not excellent and I don't think you're ready for a (semi-staff?) role yet. For me, it's a 0.
Don't give up though, maybe one day you'll manage!

Dmitris

Reaction score
Thank you for replying 3nd3rslayer, the problem though is that most of the time players don't play AoD, so i can't really just go on to play solo because it will start getting boring. And unfortunately, this doesn't help me increase my ontime on the server.

EDIT: Just checked my ontime, right now it says 9 hours.
Also, helper isn't considered as a staff ranked as stated by ComputerGuy_. Its just a rank to change maps each time so players can play mostly the ones they like and stay longer on the server.

Last edited:

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Although Helper rank isn't really a proper staff rank, I still expect staff like behavior from those with the rank. Other players will likely consider the rank as important therefore it is important that if you have the rank you are mature. Anyway onto the actual application.

While your ontime isn't especially high right now, you have played a lot this week which is good to see. My main concern on this front is that this will drop off in the coming days/weeks.

However, my main concern is maturity. You have had numerous ban appeals, and there was a fairly major incident last year which I handled on RoF which lead to you being banned on there. I would be willing to give you a chance as in fairness most of the bans were a few years ago and I'm sure you've changed in numerous ways since then. Despite this, after you knew that you were submitting an application, you were muted by SirComputer on LoP for use of inappropriate language. In fact, you've received two warnings and two mutes on the server since it launched, and I would consider that cause for alarm.

Furthermore, while I've been watching you on the server you seem to be a little immature and moaning about dying/being tagged/maps which you don't like. I don't have as strict requirements for Helper because I want it to be accessible as possible.

Could you please try to address the issues I've highlighted before I make a final decision on your application
-Comp

Dmitris

Reaction score
Thank you for replying ComputerGuy_. I will try my best to maintain maturity, my ontime and be more positive.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
You really haven't been very persuasive in giving me a reason to promote you. Your behaviour has been somewhat childish recently, even after applying. Although as I've said it isn't a proper staffing rank, I don't honestly think you're ready to have the extra power on the server.
I feel like you'd abuse the extra permissions to end rounds which you find boring or get annoyed by, or start rounds with maps you like while disregarding the will of rest of the server.
Thanks for applying, but you aren't ready. You may apply again in 2 months time. If you do I will expect much better maturity.
-Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.